• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Didn't know that lucas mains dubbed his Usmash PK Love. That would have been a cool choice of attack for his PK Flash variant, but Sakurai has some kind of in-joke by making Mother characters in Smash dominantly use moves that they never actually learn. Also, Luigi should never walljump. My friends and I have always dubbed these oddities the "Sakurai's Canon". Huge attention to detail for every character's moveset and animations...and then a few critical errors on some to even things out.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No character in Smash is 100% canon to their respective games anyway.

If they were, we'd have a much different Smash.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Lol, yeah Lucina will be popping off so hard at Ike and Marth. But then Female Robin pops off on Lucina so it evens out I guess. Also Chrom always looks 100% salty in Robin's win screen.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Yeah wtf is up with that
Probably because this way they don't need to pay him any royalties.

Also, they'd need to pay his Spanish, French, etc. counterparts royalties, since I'm sure his voice would be different in different countries, unless Bowser never actually said anything but just grunted...

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Lol, yeah Lucina will be popping off so hard at Ike and Marth. But then Female Robin pops off on Lucina so it evens out I guess. Also Chrom always looks 100% salty in Robin's win screen.
Well none of em can mouth off to the Black Knight so it's cool I guess.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Trashtalking Lucina is my favourite.

Also Zelda with powerful dark magic, why

Ike giving no sympathy when all he does in PoR/RD is... give sympathy.

I think Palutena, alongside a few in the Mario franchise is one of the very few characters that stays pretty close to canon.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Have any other Bowsers looked this thread over?

http://smashboards.com/threads/notable-players-list-aug-15-sheik-diddy.396344/

Think of it like the Degrees of Kevin Bacon game. In order to be listed as a notable player, you have to beat someone who's already listed. Degree 1 is the top 60 players in the ranking system. If you beat a Degree 1, you're now Degree 2. If you beat a Degree 2, you're a Degree 3. And if you beat a Degree 3, you're a Degree 4. Players get phased out of the notable players list per character by getting out-degree'd, and about 5 players will be on the list per character.

Since I beat Rich Brown a couple months ago, that qualifies me for Degree 2. Right now I'm the only Bowser on the list, and I'd love to see more! You just need to comment with a bracket or gameplay video link in order to prove your victory.

What I really like about this list is it takes a lot of the arbitrary nature out of "who's the best" topics. You simply get recognized for beating well-known players.

I found that Ash23 beat Feel Tension (Degree 2), so Ash qualifies for Degree 3 in the next update.

Last edited:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I took a set off of Boss 8 months ago
If I take a set off of Seagull it's not gonna be with Bowser, I can tell you that much

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
i see that earl(a), a player from my scene is in the degree 1 list

i guess that qualifies me for degree 2? l0l
If you beat earla in bracket and you can link the bracket in the thread, then yes, you would qualify for rank 2 when it's next updated. :)

Odaroloc

Smash Cadet
NNID
OriginalRave
If you beat earla in bracket and you can link the bracket in the thread, then yes, you would qualify for rank 2 when it's next updated. :)
what do you mean by bracket? Like, can this be a set of friendly games, or does it have to be tournament games?

Last edited:

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Last night I won an online doubles tournament. Like my previous tournies I went Bowser from beginning to end and my partner was a Rosalina main and our team name was "Rosalina and Koopa".

The team felt quite a bit like a tank and mage duo of some form in one of those RPGS. Got pretty intense between the friendly fire and trying not to hit one another but we made it to the finals against a Jigglypuff and Marth team. Got pretty close but after a bit of planning in between and before each match, we pulled through!

I got a big doubles tournament coming up this September so hopefully I can make a splash there too for us fellow Bowsers.

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Trashtalking Lucina is my favourite.

Also Zelda with powerful dark magic, why

Ike giving no sympathy when all he does in PoR/RD is... give sympathy.

I think Palutena, alongside a few in the Mario franchise is one of the very few characters that stays pretty close to canon.
:4charizard: Is a flying type, has no air mobility >w>

:4lucario: Pretty sure Aura Sphere isn't supposed to miss...

:4greninja: does like no damage with hydro pump wat

:4bowser: doesn't talk :'(

:4jigglypuff: ...Rest? Why? What?

:4rob: Kill it with fire

:4samus: why do you die in lava when you have your varia suit?

Sm4sh canon is bad ~.~

:006:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Yeah phantasm/illusion doesn't have amazing priority anymore. (Though that did work in Brawl too.) Those moves seem much easier to stuff in this game.

Pretty sure you could have beat it outright with the correct timing.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Yeah, the hit box trails with the illusion. @Calm_Animal has videos up on Tourney Locator where he FTilts to smack Falco from recovering with side b from off-stage.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Dtilt works great too, but my favorite punish will always be the dunk. It puts the fear in them, every fox/falco I've ever dunked shows hesitation from that point on. Makes them think twice before trying to side b into you from offstage.

Top Bottom