• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I get a little annoyed whenever commentators start talking about how Bowser kills early, the whole "heavies kill early" sentiment is way overrated. The only early kills Bowser is going to get are from Bowser bomb, a shield break or a ridiculous fsmash read. Hardly like ZSS or Meta Knight or Ryu or Little Mac etc.
Agreed in full.

I'm so sick of hearing "OMG RAGE BOWSER!!! LOOK OUT, ZSS: BOWSER'S IN RAGE AND CAN KILL YOU AT 10% WHOAMG!!!!11!!!1!!!1"

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Agreed in full.

I'm so sick of hearing "OMG RAGE BOWSER!!! LOOK OUT, ZSS: BOWSER'S IN RAGE AND CAN KILL YOU AT 10% WHOAMG!!!!11!!!1!!!1"
The upside: People believe it and it only makes them more scared when playing against us Bowser mains. :4bowser:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Now that Bowser has u-throw -> u-air kill, can we call it the Koo-Pah?
Koo-Pa is starting to grow on me. But only because I've been doing work with a BeefySmashDoods stream in the background for several hours. They're really taken to the name, and I'm really taken by the sound of people saying it in an Austrian accent.

Looking forward to some aspiring Bowsers in the coming days. If you have any questions about Bowser, please ask them in any of our pinned threads. Because as great as our new combo throw is we also have a year's worth of dedicated labbing and techniques that we'd love to share. Be sure to read up!

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
I've been watching 9B decimate with Bowser on stream for the past hour or so. He looks really solid, but still has trouble getting in. My god can he KO though, the d-throw follow ups are real, especially if you stale it.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
I've been watching 9B decimate with Bowser on stream for the past hour or so. He looks really solid, but still has trouble getting in. My god can he KO though, the d-throw follow ups are real, especially if you stale it.
Bowser always had a ton of kill power...that was never an issue.
A reliable way to kill though? This is HUGE.
Our prayers have been answered. ALL HAIL THE KOO-PA!

Of course, Bowser still has all the problems he had before in neutral, and his matchup spread still sucks with huge disadvantages against Sheik, Sonic, and ZSS, but who cares? People are AFRAID of Bowser's grab again! :D

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
So, uh, this may be nothing for news next to new "koo-paa" (or whatever we're calling it), but I went to my first tournament tonight, ...and took 2nd place! :D Beat one power ranked player outright and took 4 games off another. Mained Bowser all the way, of course.

http://competitivegaming.challonge.com/SSB41215

Got to Winner Finals, where I lost to IceD in a 3-2, then came back against Jurd with a 3-2 victory (after being down two games) to go to grand finals where I lost 3-2 against IceD without resetting the bracket.

Also had loads of fun, met some really cool folks and everyone wanted to see me come to more tournaments. This was the social aspect of Smash that I'd been missing, for sure...

And this was pre-patch Bowser. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and try out our new combo throw! :)

Last edited:

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
Boozer Boozer and I entered locals tonight which used patch 1.1.3

We entered dubs as double Bowser and came 2nd with the new Booze Cruise/Koo-Pah. Its pretty hilarious.

In singles I frauded out but Boozer made finals. If I work on my pivot grabs and stuff i'm sure I could place higher. Bowser is pretty darn competitive this patch and I love it.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Can't wait for my next local tournament with the new uthrow.

I'm normally a lurker because I have no real reason to contribute to any conversation, but dang is the new patch exciting.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
Boozer Boozer and I entered locals tonight which used patch 1.1.3

We entered dubs as double Bowser and came 2nd with the new Booze Cruise/Koo-Pah. Its pretty hilarious.

In singles I frauded out but Boozer made finals. If I work on my pivot grabs and stuff i'm sure I could place higher. Bowser is pretty darn competitive this patch and I love it.
I ended up winning the tournent C:

Buffed bowser is insaaaaaane

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Holy Lord Jesus Christ this uthrow.

I havent been in a bowser thread since brawl, but got damn this character is sick. Makes me miss klaw hopping

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm saying, let's just call it SHOWTIME in all caps and be done with it.
Nah, makes Snake fans too salty.

Or maybe I mean, "Sure, and as a bonus it makes Snake fans salty!"

Seriously, this entire PATCH should be called the Bowser Revolution, though. It fixed everything except some of Bowser's wonky hitboxes and gave him some scary options off of throw...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The Bowser Bop, the Booze Cruise, the Koo-pah, the Showtime, the Shell Shock, the Spin to Win, the Bowser Revolution, The Koo-pocalypse...

One of them will eventually stick with commentators. We'll just have to wait and see at this point.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You Snake fans are clearly mispronouncing the word. When Bowser says it, it's SHOWTIMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
stop trying to name it, they're all terrible

I think I'll make a list of percentages of what moves combo when on each character.

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
I'm loving this new u-throw, its a lot more fun and effective than I expected and I was expecting a lot! I've found u-throw to n-air to be the most consistent and while doing a "SHOW TIME!" is satisfying, I must say, I'm finding it rather hit or miss when it comes to landing it. But when it lands, it lands! Regardless, I'm finding this change is a welcome breath of fresh air for Bowser.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm loving this new u-throw, its a lot more fun and effective than I expected and I was expecting a lot! I've found u-throw to n-air to be the most consistent and while doing a "SHOW TIME!" is satisfying, I must say, I'm finding it rather hit or miss when it comes to landing it. But when it lands, it lands! Regardless, I'm finding this change is a welcome breath of fresh air for Bowser.
Nair followup has worked great and I've ended at least two matches with an Uair followup already.

This also gave Nair a use for something other than just pressuring shields from under platforms.

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
I dont think another list is necessary, u-throw to u-air ko % is the most important figure. The inbetween percents and what you can follow up with aren't overly so.

For what its worth I believe uthrow to usmash or utilt works until about 30% on avg

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
someone was asking about a Bowser Discord group. There wasn't one five minutes ago, but here: https://discord.gg/0hwgnNR34wvRQFRA

A lot of random people will probably join but it's straight.

Truth be told, I'm not in that Bowser Skype group anymore because it got filled with ****posters and people who don't actually play Bowser somehow. This just got created seconds ago, so let's move forward with this I guess

EDIT: this is a permanent link, so that'll always work for people to join.

Last edited:

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Koopacolypse and Bowser Bop omg.

Shell Shock is kinda dope
Also, uthrow sideB happened for me today. I was very happy

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
uthrow side b shouldn't happen, buffered perfectly that's 8 frame jumpsquat and 17 frames until a hitbox is out on side B, I don't think uthrow gives enough on hit advantage for that to ever be a thing.

Top Bottom