• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Aren't characters immune to grabs for a second or two after being released? I'm certain this rule also applies to command grabs like our side B.
It does. I once tried finding grab release mixups and it whiffed.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I got Uthrow > Dsmash > Bowser Bomb > Uthrow > Aerial Fortress to work once. Not practical but doing over 80% on heavyweights from 0% is hilarious.

Btw they can air dodge before Aerial Fortress connects but if they aren't expecting a fortress and air dodge early well...

But seriously if they choose to land on you and at 0% they sometimes have little choice Dsmash and going for a proned Bowser Bomb is looking pretty great atm.

Uthrow > Bowser Bomb is also a good alternative on most characters when they hit 90%-110%.

Smaller characters can probably move out of the way though.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Ooh, Bowser Bomb, I like that idea. Let's see...

Yep, Slip Bomb true combos at up to 110% for the kill on Mario. Makes good use of how Slip Bomb reaches higher and is active faster. DI allows escape, but this could still show promise

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I have also found as an opener or at low percents if the opponent chooses to land in front of you Uthrow > Fire Breath might be viable.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I have also found as an opener or at low percents if the opponent chooses to land in front of you Uthrow > Fire Breath might be viable.
Perhaps, though I think it's important to remember that Fire Breath has 23 startup when they're right in your face while Fsmash has 22. Any point where you would be able to trap somebody in Fire Breath, Fsmash would as well. And I wouldn't really worry about staling Fsmash, it's such an uncommon kill confirm. Usmash should also be good for the same reasons, and more.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Koopacolypse and Bowser Bop omg.

Shell Shock is kinda dope
Also, uthrow sideB happened for me today. I was very happy
I said "eff it" and went with "Shell Shock", mainly because it also harkens back to the TMNT arcade game which I have fond memories of as a kid. First you get the shell, then the SHOCK, so it works, and doesn't sound ridiculous when commentators say it.

Also, you can easily add an "ed" to the end of it, to say "And he just got shell shocked!"

Who knows what'll catch on, though...

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
ShellShock or SHOWTIME imo

But like I said in the discord group; were really turning Smash 4 into a game full of meme combos and it's getting really corny. Honestly commentating and saying "he gets the uthrow and converts with an up air" is really not that bad or that hard, from personal experience.

Everything doesn't need a nickname.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
So how do you guys feel about not being the 1st character board anymore? hehe ;)

I don't know why it took me so long to get here. Been using Bowser for some months so I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. Hi.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Everything doesn't need a nickname.
...But we all know it's going to get one whether we want it to or not, so it's best if we pick something and hope it catches instead of "the Bowser Bop" or something even worse catching on. :\

So how do you guys feel about not being the 1st character board anymore? hehe ;)
Hah, yeah, I noticed that and wondered if Bowser would ever get pushed down the list. ;)

And welcome to the boards!

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I share the same sentiment with Cassius. Cassius. We already have silly nicknames for empty jumping and mega man's projectiles. Maybe we can tone it down a bit. Nicknames are best suited to actions that would be too long winded to refer to normally, especially for commentary or explaination.

Jaguar360 Jaguar360 Ey.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I share the same sentiment with Cassius. Cassius. We already have silly nicknames for empty jumping and mega man's projectiles.
Wait, they nicknamed empty hops...? And what projectile of MM's did they name, other than "lemons"?

I'm not fond of it either, but like I said, better we name it something before it gets called something much dumber. "Shell Shock" or "Showtime" are way better than a lot of the potentials...

Though, saying "and there's the shell shock." is faster than saying "and there's the up throw to up air conversion".

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I would be angry at Bayonetta taking our spot on alphabetical lists if I didn't absolutely love her inclusion in the game. It does still surprise me that a game with 58 playable characters has nobody with a name that starts with A, E, or H.

Yeah, I don't see any need to push a name for our Uthrow followups. Unlike Diddy's old hoo hah, ours doesn't seem nigh impossible to avoid at virtually any death percent. At some point, they'll reach a point high enough that we can't reach with our full hop and double jump. Thankfully it's most effective against lightweight, fast falling characters, because those are our worst matchups. Sheik, Fox, ZSS, they survived long because half our kill moves are vertical. Now we can turn their fall speed against them.

It's a combo throw, and that's really the revolutionary aspect of it. Bowser can combo off of something other than the iffy list of jab followups. Having a new kill confirm that is available any time we get a grab is very nice too, but we're not a sheik or Villager-esque character with a low amount of kill options. Just hit with something, use our improved edgeguarding options thanks to the fortress ledge snap, and we'd be good.

I think what most commentators will say once they see Bowser Uthrowing some fool is "Up air? Up air."

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I think what most commentators will say once they see Bowser Uthrowing some fool is "Up air? Up air."
I think the commentators in some of KK's matches were coming up with nicknames for Bowser's regular moves.

Seriously, they're gonna name EVERYTHING...

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Aw yeah. Uthrow > Fire Roar.

At 0% initiation the opponent pretty much will take the full blast. No questions asked.

ZorkThedork

Smash Rookie
Upthrow has weird properties when its active, my team mate was hit by the active hitbox as it was spinning on my opponent and it flung my teammate across the stage at a downward angle killing him at 11%, it was a big shock to everyone, if anyone can replicate this(it might not be hard), that be cool.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Upthrow has weird properties when its active, my team mate was hit by the active hitbox as it was spinning on my opponent and it flung my teammate across the stage at a downward angle killing him at 11%, it was a big shock to everyone, if anyone can replicate this(it might not be hard), that be cool.
It's a new feature. Semi spikes nearby opponents and teammates in doubles. Also instant kills luma if you're at least one bowser length from the ledge.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It would've been quite fun to me if Bowser Bomb worked from uthrow(which it doesn't seem to), but the added utility is so good that I don't even mind.

Already forced my Bowser Amiibo to learn the maneuver and now it's abusing it to high hell. :laugh:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Slipbomb works amazingly. Don't even think most characters can do a damn thing about it. Gonna have some buddies over later so maybe we'll see if they can avoid it.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Everything doesnt need a name, but it sure feels great to play people and hit em with the nickname.

Yo, get shellshocked.

Just Bowser Bop'd this fool.

Got hit with that young Booze Cruise, takin em to lowsers bracket.

........i need sleep.....

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
someone was asking about a Bowser Discord group. There wasn't one five minutes ago, but here: https://discord.gg/0hwgnNR34wvRQFRAA lot of random people will probably join but it's straight.

Truth be told, I'm not in that Bowser Skype group anymore because it got filled with ****posters and people who don't actually play Bowser somehow. This just got created seconds ago, so let's move forward with this I guess

EDIT: this is a permanent link, so that'll always work for people to join.
Says it's expired. :/

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Went bowser and grand finals against our local diddy player who usually wins.

Decimated. He didnt know what to do. It was great.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I take back what I said earlier: Uthrow doesn't **** Luma as hard as one might hope because grabbing Rosalina makes Luma jump behind her suddenly. Has it always been that way or is that new?

Decimated. He didnt know what to do. It was great.
#DontGetGrabbed

All there is to it, and I don't feel even a bit bad about that fact, considering Bowser players were told that in regards to the D3 matchup in Brawl and pretty much EVERYONE was told it in regards to getting hoo-haaed by Diddy...

Be afraid of Bowser getting close in on you. Be. ****ing. Afraid.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Was at an event today, got a win, a bye, and two losses. tied for 25th out of 60. Not the best day, but I had fun. So far I like the buffs, but I really need to hit the lab. Definitely going to get on that this week.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Yes, it is I. That is me. We are the same. I am.
I remember watching your sets at the Super Arcade, reading the salty posts about PM Diddy on the facebook page. Feels like a lifetime ago.

Somebody sell me on discord. As far as I've seen, every Smash chatroom has trash talk, bad insight from bad players, and people asking if anybody has a place for them to live.

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
Somebody sell me on discord. As far as I've seen, every Smash chatroom has trash talk, bad insight from bad players, and people asking if anybody has a place for them to live.
It's just a hangout. The people there are pretty much the regulars from these Bowser boards. Mostly it's been comparing notes and occasional commiserating about bad matchups. Oh, and telling people when one is getting onstream.

Last edited:

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
So did anyone ever figured out how much of an extra advantage Bowser gets from dash attack canceling (boost grabbing) into his grab? That was a thing I used to do with Sheik, and I figure it's very relevant now with our new changes...

Last edited:
Top Bottom