• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Down B has 2 hitboxes and it *****

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Incase you guys didn't know, as the title says it does, the first hitbox is when you use it on the ground as he rises which forces them into the second hitbox when he stomps (ITS **** OMG) I just killed a friend twice with it o_O.

I'm not talking garbage =x, and anyone can test to see if its "definite" but he seemed to get hit by it twice omgness =O

If this really is practical its a great punish <3 kills at low %

i just read on the guide it says it has a frame but you guys dont emphasise it enough omg its too good :< you can use it to punish non techs or stupid lag or w/e =D

meh, dosent work if they air dodge but still its cool =(

B0NK

Smash Lord
My opponent will usually end up dodging the first hit just leaving me open to be punished. As you fight an opponent that knows how Bowser plays they learn to never let Bowser get that close. Like you said, it is only useful "to punish non techs or stupid lag." I find that many of Bowser moves accomplish the same effect if your opponent screws up. I do like that it is now an option that I didn't have in Melee but down-b still has a lot of finish lag that you must take in to consideration before using.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Bowser has 2 hitboxes for his Fsmash too which is pretty sex. Overall his Fsmash got better besides the power/knockback but I can live with that, it's just too good.

B0NK

Smash Lord
you dont need to tell me the disadvantages of down b -_- I'm not that stupid
Sorry if I implied that you didn't know. But yes I do agree that it has improved from Melee's down-b and has actually some use compared Melee's down-b. In Melee, I would never use this move except to grab the edge safely but now it is great to have another useful but situational move in Bowser's arsenal.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about using his Bowser Bomb on the edge. Apparently if you face away from the edge and do DownB and go off the edge, you'll grab it anyways. Pretty neat.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Seems risky business, but would definately get a crowd going in a tournament, and should work as edge-guard...

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Whoa whoa whoa this is AWESOME out of shield. Haha forget shieldgrabbing guys, this **** is **** if your opponents smacks your shield with an aerial and lands close. Crazy damage and KO potential. Situational but still... OUT OF SHIELD really does work.

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to your topic I've begun messing around with Down B and trying to work it into my Bowser game. I guess I'll throw in a thought for people to try. I've found that incorporating it into your powershielding game could be effective. For this I'm trying to get powershielding and punishing out of it down pact but in order for it too work it seems you have too be pretty close. Like if they're really close and you powershield an attack (ground or aerial, doesn't matter) and your quick enough, you can go straight into down-B. The first hit will knock them up while the second hit can do some nice damage or potentially kill. I'm still messing around with it, tying to see if I can make it work consistently. I think it's very much possible, just takes some practice and good understanding of how close you are and the move your getting hit by (how much time you have to get the attack rolling, otherwise you may not even want too bother at all). Also have to take into effect start up lag of the Bowser Bomb if it has any, but I think it's pretty cool to pull off. :chuckle:

It's basically the same as doing it after shielding an attack, except you have more time to pull it off as after you powershield the attack you can go straight into anything (well, depends on the move being used against you and how early or late you powershield the attack). I also have a question for you guys as I'm becoming more interested in the move. Once you hit somebody with the first part of the Bowser Bomb off the ground, is there any way they can dodge it after the fact, or is it certain that the second part will hit? If it's certain then I really think the Bowser Bomb is cool and could have some uses!

Top Bottom