• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Keep - Bowser Video Archive

mustbepbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
mustbpbs
Yeah, I lack money/recording equipment myself, but I have some ****in' gravy replays to share. If anyone would be willing to upload them for me, that'd be great. lol
Come on, you can find a way to put them up. Don't cop out like that. Put your money where your mouth is ;)

Volimutt

Smash Cadet
NNID
CapnDonutBear
3DS FC
3840-8943-0914
That dair dunk at the end. Damn. I never feel confident enough to go for suicide dair dunks like that
Don't try this stunt at home. If you do make sure you're a stock up. If you're both one stock and feeling ballsy do it anyway. lol

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Very scrubby Bowser play do not watch
I've seen much worse. :p

It seems Luigi is a pretty hard matchup for Bowser: you give him ONE opening, he's going to hit you with that flaming uppercut which can KO you at 50% (and he just so happens to have a combo on Bowser that deals around 50%...).

Volimutt

Smash Cadet
NNID
CapnDonutBear
3DS FC
3840-8943-0914
So true, Weegee is a beast at aerial combat and Bowser is glutton for being juggled to no hell. Though I see alot of Bowser's don't Up-B enough.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
So true, Weegee is a beast at aerial combat and Bowser is glutton for being juggled to no hell. Though I see alot of Bowser's don't Up-B enough.
The problem (vs. Luigi at least) is that the penalty for an Up+B being shielded is the flaming uppercut of doom. One of the Bowsers lost to Boss when he was hit with it at the end of a shielded down+B. :(

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The problem (vs. Luigi at least) is that the penalty for an Up+B being shielded is the flaming uppercut of doom. One of the Bowsers lost to Boss when he was hit with it at the end of a shielded down+B. :(
Course if we have a Luigi whiffing a Uppercut we can punish that accordingly with just about anything. With these combo happy characters we will have to wait for a mistake on their part and get in a attack or two. We may not combo but our attacks hurt.

Volimutt

Smash Cadet
NNID
CapnDonutBear
3DS FC
3840-8943-0914
We do have Jab -> grab and I'm pretty sure Bowser's N-air can contest Luigi's air game to some extent. Throw in a few mind games and some patience and Bowser's practically good to go.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Apparently game 3 was recorded of my set against Crow (Peach);

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VynUfiOp5kY

Haven't rewatched yet but I remember this game being annoying. I don't play this MU often, so any specific advice would be awesome.

Someday I'll actually post GOOD videos. XD

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Didn't smack her out the air with f-air enough for starters. You had the right idea with the up-angled f-tilts though, they come in handy against Peach and Jiggs

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Apparently game 3 was recorded of my set against Crow (Peach);

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VynUfiOp5kY

Haven't rewatched yet but I remember this game being annoying. I don't play this MU often, so any specific advice would be awesome.

Someday I'll actually post GOOD videos. XD
Yeah, Peach is a tough one because she can just float until hell freezes over.

Though, I think I needed some Dramamine to watch that video, VERY shaky camera work...

Last edited:

Rend4125

Smash Cadet
NNID
Billiam4125
i feel like pivot grabs would help a lot in the peach matchup when shes floating, as long as its not too high..

Volimutt

Smash Cadet
NNID
CapnDonutBear
3DS FC
3840-8943-0914
Well spaced f-airs keep the floaty characters out of your space. I got a few recently saved replays showing how I do it. I'll upload at a later time.

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64

Volimutt

Smash Cadet
NNID
CapnDonutBear
3DS FC
3840-8943-0914
Here we go. Not the best example, cuz I wasn't that good at spacing correctly and the Jiggz wasn't that good either. But can get the jist of what I was trying to do. :p

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
@ B!squick B!squick It links, but the problem is that when you hit with max range of hit 1, they are likely to be sent flying just out of hit 2 range. Likewise hitting from too close can cause a similar issue. This is especially true if they happen to have any kind of momentum in either direction based on where you're hitting. But it's not like Brawl where they can consistently get out, it's just one of those random things.

Also, @ Calm_Animal Calm_Animal , the Megaman match-up is one of the few times where Tough guy is actually useful. If you ever get crash bombed, then it's sometimes better to actually move around instead of holding your shield. Only the last hit will have any effect on Bowser below 190%, and if you're moving when it detonates, that last hit will whiff. Or, even if you don't have room to move, you can just take the non-flinching hits then powershield the last one, you'll take less shield damage, and will be more likely to block any separate attacks that megaman might want to throw at you. However, if he's expecting you to shield anyway then you might be able to catch him off guard with a surprise attack.

B!squick

Smash Master
Would it truly have been that hard to program it to send the opponent to same spot regardless of momentum? Like, is this a problem in PM?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
me goofing around online. I don't really have anything significant to throw up yet. Maybe after APEX? I'm sure I'll be recording most of the Bowser's matches in pools and things like that on my phone if we make it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendodojo/b/616156061 vs samus

http://www.twitch.tv/notcassius/b/614735354 vs marth

both are against two of my friends...i mean, they shouldn't really be taken seriously, some of my options in the games are pretty aggressive lol. I just wanted videos of me, so I dug in my archives. Gotta throw myself on the board lol

the first one is more recent than the second.

Last edited:

arcticfox_14

Smash Cadet
NNID
arcticfox14
Your video vs. Fox was really enlightening to me, Calm, I just got wrecked online by a Fox that appeared to be of similar skill level and it was good to see that Bowser has the tools to handle him even if I can't use them all yet.

Anyway, I'll post some that aren't great in skill level or quality, but any pointers will be appreciated.

http://youtu.be/zvKvazOqBaM
http://youtu.be/5zYFWIcNF9o

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Anyway, I'll post some that aren't great in skill level or quality, but any pointers will be appreciated.
In most cases, you had the right idea but your execution was off, causing you to miss your windows of opportunity. However, the area you seem to most need work on is judging what to do when an opponent is respecting you. You have a habit of being too respectful of Fox when you may instead want to initiate a flame breath or some other maneuver. There was a moment where you did a normal ledge get-up and all Fox did was sit there while you rolled away, which was an interesting opportunity. I know that these are things you may actually be really good at accomplishing offline, so my sympathies to you if so since I also experience a gap between my online and offline execution, no matter how small, especially against characters like DDD, TLink, Sanic, or Greninja.

With replay sharing on the 3ds, it may be easier for everyone to analyze each other's gameplay without having to worry about youtube or twitch. We'll have to see where that goes.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Figured I'd record this with my phone before they update and I lose it forever. Not an example of amazing play, but still damn funny:

Last edited:

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
A video showing my Bowser in a 2 VS. 2. Comments will be very much appreciated :)

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
@ S_B S_B In "Dont' feed the bair's" at the end, was this the 1-frame of non-invincibility before latching on to the edge? How did that work?!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
@ S_B S_B In "Dont' feed the bair's" at the end, was this the 1-frame of non-invincibility before latching on to the edge? How did that work?!
TBH, I'm not sure. I believe the B-air landed before Shiek actually grabbed the ledge? I'm guessing Shiek's hurtbox/hitbox appears fully before the ledge grab officially happens.

I've not watched it frame by frame so I can't say for sure...

Last edited:
Top Bottom