• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsers Spike and Guaranteed Bowsercide

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Not sure if anyone knew about these moves so i thought i'll post them.

First off. Bowsers Dair spikes on the final hit on the move. Its really challenging to do but it works. I have a video

Bowser Dair Spike at 1:43

Next thing is ppl were talkin about the bowsercide where u need to be 1st player to have an advantage. Which is true. BUT, i found a way around it. It doesnt matter which slot u are to do this. U can ALWAYS survive it no matter what when on 1 stock. NEVER sudden death. U can stall ur death from it after u kill them with it. U kno how u can do the infinite jump with the koopa klaw. Well guess what? It works the same off stage for some weird reason. The 'pit' acts like a ground u can infinite jump from. I have a vid as proof as well of me stalling my death from a bowsercide.

Stalls death from Bowsercide at :55

Hope this comes to great use for bowser players.

WITH

Smash Apprentice
dude that solves a lot of problems...no more worrying about controller slot priority and other random factors

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Bowsercide death stall is awesome...

But as far as the spike... I'm not too sure that's a spike... there was no spike smoke... and at the damage that falcon was at, if it was a spike, there sure as hell woulda been spike smoke, right? I would say don't get hyped on the spike just yet... test it first.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Wow, bowsercide death stalll might just be the best find someone's posted on these forums since, ever

Excellent job

Can you do it by spamming the jump button? Or do you have to time it.

Epsiloh

Smash Rookie
I just gave the bowsercide stalling tech several tests as i have found it only worked on lylat cruise for me this isen't nailing anything down since i only really tried FD Lylat cruise and Temple. but i also found that i could only perform it with smaller characters. and from my observation about the spike it just sorta looked like he flinched then just fell down...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I've done the spike at lower percents before i recorded that vid. Its so hard to land bein the hitbox is so small. Its not like Ganon stopped ur azz but it sends the opponent downwards nonetheless. For the stall u have to spam the jump button. I've done the bowsercide at 1 stock each multiple times and it NEVER went to sudden death. I've done it to marth, luigi, rob, falcon, DK, peach, and yoshi just to name a few. Just keep tryin ^_^

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Also you have to be the lower control port to jump after bowsercide stall. I can't seem to do it with the higher control port. Works on rainbow cruise, Summit, Castle siege, Distant planet, still testing...

Okay I works on all stages it seems.

On norfair this is excellent. You can bowsercide stall once your opponent hits the lava jump off not taking damage. You can actually recover after this. You can also just do it with no lava but you won't be able to recover.

On certain stages / certain sides of stages you have to press the jump button at a more precise time. And by that I mean keep repeatably pressing it but faster on certain stages.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Oh Look! Another thread about bowsercide. Next time, add to the bowser cide threads and dont make a thread partially about bowsercide. Just make a thread about the spike.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Actually that wasn't well known dummy get the **** out your *** noone cares about you and your ****ty posts. Now go **** yourself and get ***** at a tournament.

Anyways nice find Ninja Link.. I wants a rematch since we didn't get to finish :(

TurtleSim

Smash Rookie
Actually that wasn't well known dummy get the **** out your *** noone cares about you and your ****ty posts. Now go **** yourself and get ***** at a tournament.

Anyways nice find Ninja Link.. I wants a rematch since we didn't get to finish :(

What a nut.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
On this same subject:

From http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Version_differences_(SSBB)

"When performing a Flying Slam: if used to do a Suicide KO while both players are on the last stock of a Stock Brawl (in the PAL version), the player number doesn't matter. The player who is on the top (Bowser), when the KO happens, wins."

I'm wondering if Bowser's infinite jump was pulled from the game or if any of the infinite grabs were fixed.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I don't think other things were pulled from the game or fix.

Also I can't seem to jump after bowsercide if I am the higher control port so... The pal version might not be able to jump after bowsercide...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I don't think other things were pulled from the game or fix.

Also I can't seem to jump after bowsercide if I am the higher control port so... The pal version might not be able to jump after bowsercide...
Can you chaingrab DK with D3? (DK is the easiest to try it on)

I've done the jump back after Bowsercide, but the timing is very tricky and very precise. You might just need to keep trying it.

As for Bowser's spike, I've yet to get it to land, though I've been trying.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Sorry but I don't have the pal version.... I have the regular NTSC version

I've done the jump back with bowsercide too but not with a higher control port. Since the timing varies on different stages... It might be different with different control ports..

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Bowser D-air spike is something I really want to do to get back at those who spiked me in the past.
For the Bowsercide thing, I think it occurs because you know after you use the Flying slam, and do the damage? You would get your 2nd jump afterwards, which seems similar to how the Boozer Infinite jump works. I think its combining the regular Bowsercide and Boozer infinite jump mechanics together(I really dont know how to word this anyways, but Im just assuming).

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It is.

I figured out a while back that you can perform the infinite jump mechanics out of landing a slam on the ground and chase the opponent, possibly grabbing them for another slam (if they're not smart enough to DI away from you).

The timing on doing it off the bottom of the screen seemed very tricky. I'd only recommend it if you've spent enough time mastering it beforehand. Otherwise, it'd be a bad idea to use it to win in a serious game.

Son1x

Smash Apprentice
I did some slight testing and found out you could also UpB out of it but it only works with some characters on some stages. These are my results.

Works:Jigglypuff, Kirby, Yoshi, Mario, Olimar, Squitle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Toon Link, Wario, Zelda, Pit, MK, ICs, D3, Ness, Lucas, G&W.
Doesn't Work:Link, Diddy, Lucario, Bowser, Luigi, Peach, Shiek, Samus, Zamus, ROB, Fox, Falco, Wolf, CF, Ganny, Marth, Ike, Snake, Sonic.
Working Stages:Smashville, Lylat, Delfino, YI(Brawl), Castle Siege

C&P'd from AiB.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
Hey ninja link, it seems that every time I try to spam the jump button it actually provokes the Sudden Death. Yet when i let it stay idle, I end up surviving in the end. Could it be more so a case of smash D.I. that an infinate jump immitation? If you jump with t control stick maybe, idk. Get back to me.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
I think the dair spike is more interesting.

Tested in training, they have to be in the sweetspot near center on last couple hits to be meteor'd.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd only recommend it if you've spent enough time mastering it beforehand. Otherwise, it'd be a bad idea to use it to win in a serious game.

You don't know what you are talking about. It's always a good idea to use it to win a serious game. Bowsercide wins now count as a win for Bowser even if the game takes you to sudden death.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Freakin' sweet!

Anyone found good times to dair spike? Works well on a dumb DDD and spacies still in the charging animation of up b.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
i landed the dair spike about a week back on my friend.

**** is it a good feeling. >:3

Top Bottom