• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Upthrow: Extensive Analysis

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
it seems like you arent doing the combo properly since your saying that they can jump out. the way you do the combo is to u-throw them them immediately jump since the u-throw has pretty much no lag after you throw your opponent and after you jump go for nair/u-air and it should work between 40-110% (depending on weight) and between 0-30% just go for u-tilt

Purge702

Smash Rookie
^^ I'm pretty sure certain characters can get out. It depends on their fall speed/weight and also DI.

0mart

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mr.0mart
I wanted to make a video about this but doesn´t have a capture card nor a mic.... well, things to have in mind are just de % and floatiness (if it´s fastfaller or not):

Low % being from 10-30
Mid % being from 30-50
Mid-High % from 55-75
High(kill %) from 80-110(?)

So.... Fast Fallers,

on Low% you actually just Utilt if you want to go safe. if you feel like they are mashing air dodges, you can wait and punish with Down B, the reason for this is that... is safer to react like this than to just ´´read´´ with an F-smash.

Mid% is a bit tricky because, some characters like Sheik-ZSS(have to test on more characters for exact percents) you can Uthrow> Usmash which deals 20%(26 total). or you can full hop Nair(when you are starting to land the 1st hit, try moving towards the enemy so you land all 4 hits and that will hit 30 in total.

The reason I find this one a little tricky is because the hitstun they have from the Uthrow depends on the weight of the character so is not the same exact % for everyone, the Nair option actually is true combo from 40% though

Note: You can actually kill ZSS-Sheik and maybe other light fastfallers with Uthrow- BAIR, you just have to react to their DI and position yourself backwards, and instantly double jump Bair, think of it like Luigi´s Down throw> Bair. If you are close to the ledge, I recommend to use this variant because you can kill as early as 65%. Nair is more like ´´safe damage´´.

Mid High%

You know the drill... you Uthrow, You Uair them, After percents where you can´t land it or is dificult to land it like 105% on some chars, you can just Double jump and wait the dodge.

Note: If you are past the Kill Combo %, Side B will kill. lol .

Last edited:

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
^^ I'm pretty sure certain characters can get out. It depends on their fall speed/weight and also DI.
NO bowser u throw combos and kill set up works on every character no matter the weight or fall speed you just need to do the u-throw combos and kill set ups in diffrent ways according to weight and fall speed and rage (the angle on which you can di is very small and if your playing offline you can react to their di eaisly)

Top Bottom