• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.1.1 Legacy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superluaa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Superluaa
3DS FC
4484-8322-7977
hello Smashboards, is there a guide somewhere which details how to use the Patch Build 2.1.1 PAL? I've managed to install HBC, but i'm a total noob at figuring out how to use homebrew stuff :/ But is still really want to try Brawl-! Your help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance! :)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
We're polishing an experiment and pretty much ready to call that final.
We want to polish more things before a new release, and we're hoping to get some hype going for it :)

JOE!

Smash Hero
hmm, anyone know why a custom PTAD texture (just texture, no model work) would cause the game to freeze when you select PTAD from the stage screen?

KingJacob

Smash Apprentice
Nevermind, I just found the instructions on how to actually set it up. Also I realized I am not supposed to ask for tech support on this board.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just throwing this out: There's a slight issue with Halberd and Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 with spawning at the beginning of a match, anyone who's tried to play on 1-1 knows immediately what I'm talking about.

Just pull up the codeset in code manager and disable the level freezer code.

This fixes everything and has no ill effects.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Apologies to mods for the double post.

New blogpost now live on Smashmods.com.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Really? I was sure it didn't.

Also there's so much in the next release, it's gonna be awesome.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
can we get a general time from til next release? like we talking next month or so? or next few months? I am really excited to see what next update has in store

NNID
Budget_Player
A month or so = 7 months in minus speak.
No, we're holding this deadline, consequences be damned.

Just saw this. Is every character going to go through changes?
...Do you want it to take 7 months or so?

Nah, there's a few chars who are going through dramatic changes, and an assortment of chars who are getting various new tricks and whatnot, but the fact is, a lot of characters are really in a state where messing with them isn't gonna make the game better – I mean, do you really want us to mess with Ganon? :laugh: 2.X is likely to be one of the very last builds we bring out, at least for quite a long time.

DSP

Smash Apprentice
Will the comprehensive changelists be available day 1 of 2.X? I'm sure I missed some crazy ****, even through all those matches I played on 2.1.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Will the comprehensive change list be available day 1 of 2.X? I'm sure I missed some crazy ****, even through all those matches I played on 2.1.
I can tell you the change list right now.

mario-
fludd is always charged
Fludd now sends at a 180 degree angle and is cancel-able into shield or A attacks. (aka giant magnet gun)
dair is cancelable into footstool or aerials
metal cap timer can no longer be refreshed while metal, you must become normal in order to put it back on.

Luigi-
up-b damage reduction 25%>20% on sweet spot, 17% > 10% on sour spot.
run speed decreased
aerial mobility decreased
hold B for stronger fireball removed.
down-b now cancelable earlier

Peach-
can grab the ledge backwards during the beginning of Up-b
First jump is higher
second jump is higher
Nair's landing lag reduced from 11> 2
Nair now has considerable shield damage
Nair sends opponent at a low angle now
soft nair sends at an even lower angle
Nair knockback growth slightly increased
up-air given some base knock back so it can kill around 150% as opposed to 170 like last build. still combos well
d-smash has shield damage now

Bowser-

completely new build. too much to list

Yoshi-
first double jump can not be cancelled into his second double jump until 10 frames have passed ( no more "oh ****, JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP!" off stage and burning both jumps at once)

Link-
"finsihing blow" added. hold foward plus A+B to do the finishing blow from skyward sword. *only hits grounded opponents*

sheik-
dash attack reverted to 1.6 dash attack

ROB-
weaker bair

Samus-
zair returned to vbrawl status, no longer infinite combo potential.
missles no longer auto combo into themselves, send at a downward angle to edge guard.
Ice explosion after strong missle contact removed

olimar-

completely new build

NOlimar-
reduced invincibilty on side-b
reduced hitbox on side-b

Fox-
d-tilt has increased range!
reduced damage on d-tilt
fixed a hit box on fair that killed characters at 50%

squirtle-
d-tilt damage reduced from 17 > 11
d-tilt cool down increased by 2 frames. 12 frames > 14
upair landing lag reduced 14 frames > 10?, 11?

IVY-
Ivy copter now cancelable into air dodge

Ness-
yo-yos are now able to kill

marth-
F-smash is now SDIable

Ike-
No longer has OHKO counter, instead counter when you have a fully charged aether is much stronger and in cancelable into eruption.

G&W-
weight increased from 60>75

snake-
cypher spikes characters
side-b + A spawns grenades. hold in front of snake to spawn grenade far away, up to spawn 1 in the air, no where to spawn it a dash attack away, down to spawn one at your feet.
can move while taunting.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
We were so close to an early release ftr, but don't worry guys, I made sure it didn't happen.

NNID
Budget_Player
[Collapse=Mario]
fludd is always charged
Fludd now sends at a 180 degree angle and is cancel-able into shield or A attacks. (aka giant magnet gun)
dair is cancelable into footstool or aerials
metal cap timer can no longer be refreshed while metal, you must become normal in order to put it back on. [/collapse]

[collapse=Luigi]
up-b damage reduction 25%>20% on sweet spot, 17% > 10% on sour spot.
run speed decreased
aerial mobility decreased
hold B for stronger fireball removed.
down-b now cancelable earlier[/collapse]

[collapse=Peach]
can grab the ledge backwards during the beginning of Up-b
First jump is higher
second jump is higher
Nair's landing lag reduced from 11> 2
Nair now has considerable shield damage
Nair sends opponent at a low angle now
soft nair sends at an even lower angle
Nair knockback growth slightly increased
up-air given some base knock back so it can kill around 150% as opposed to 170 like last build. still combos well
d-smash has shield damage now
[/collapse]

[collapse=Bowser]
Fully new build.

Attributes.
Air speed raised
Weight raised
Model Size up slightly
Universal 10% super armor removed.
Meteor Cancel frame 25->15

Attacks
Dash attack has full super armor, and sends bowser flying forwards. Great punish, really good against landings, but quite punishable on block.

Dsmash startup sped up considerably
Usmash startup sped up
Fsmash has full super armor during startup and charge. If only partially charged, it has 10% armor until the hitbox comes out; if fully charged, it has super armor and ignores shields. Massive shield damage. Charging has a windbox which pushes the opponent into range

Nair has very fast IASA
Fair damage up, knockback up, range up
Bair knockback and damage consistent with Brawl- canon; has 15% heavy armor for large portions of it
Dair knockback, damage, and landing lag consistent with Brawl- canon; has 20% heavy armor for large portions of it.
Uair has 15% heavy armor for large portions, landing lag reduced heavily.

Grabs have invincibility on startup
By pressing B within the first few frames of a grab, it cancels into a pivot grab (allowing pivot grabs out of shield and other locations where you normally could not)
Dthrow leads into a tech chase
Fthrow damage and power up

Firebreath has super armor on startup after frame 5
Hold the A button down during firebreath to initiate the Running Bear Grab. This move has full super armor until it ends, and walks forward until it hits an opponent or you release the A button. Grabbing the opponent results in an alternate grab state with alternate grabs:
Dthrow, "Discus Toss", is a downwards tech chase slam that does high damage.
Fthrow is the sideB flying slam
Bthrow is a high-power horizontal kill throw
Uthrow is a jumping piledriver with high damage and kill power.

SideB has alternate throws:
- Holding A during the startup of the grounded sideB transforms it into the discus toss
- Holding A during the apex of an aerial sideB transforms it into a diving piledriver that grounds the opponent.

Grounded downB startup can be canceled into aerials or jump
Holding the B button during downB's fall cuts its fall speed in half. If it lands while holding the B button, its landing lag is cut in half as well.
UpB height raised
Specialfall landing lag autocancels[/collapse]

[collapse=Yoshi]
first double jump can not be cancelled into his second double jump until 10 frames have passed ( no more "oh ****, JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP!" off stage and burning both jumps at once)[/collapse]

[collapse=Link]
"finishing blow" added. hold forward plus A+B to do the finishing blow from skyward sword. *only hits grounded opponents*[/collapse]

[collapse=Sheik]
dash attack reverted to 1.6 dash attack[/collapse]

[collapse=ROB]
Bair angle nerfed[/collapse]

[collapse=Samus]
zair returned to vbrawl status, no longer infinite combo potential.
missiles no longer auto combo into themselves, send at a downward angle to edge guard.
Ice explosion after strong missile contact removed[/collapse]

[collapse=Olimar]
Olimar 2.X

Over the course of Brawl Minus, Olimar has seen many drafts. Small, buffed Pikmin, solo, and now meet the latest edition:

Lazy.

That's right. Your Pikmin will stay right where you put them. They won't follow you. You can call them back, but they'll all just stand right there.
So, what's the point of this? Well, you essentially have massive stage control. When Olimar command them to throw, smash, or grab, they'll do it from where they're standing, and in some cases, floating. They'll still port back to Olimar's hands for aerials and tethers.
As well, we've given most of them neat effects.

The Yellow's forward and upward smash attacks will Paralyze their targets.
A sourspot downward aerial from a Blue will trip the opponent.
A sweetspot downward aerial from a Purple will impale the opponent into the ground.
White attacks will put a flower on the opponent's head, poisonous through and through.

Fsmash and Usmash also have greatly increased reach.

Olimar has one other trick that serves as a glitch preventer: When he grabs, all but one of his Pikmin disappear. Another known glitch involves his pivot grab: it currently does not work

Solimar (or Nolimar if you prefer that) is still intact, and has a couple tweaks listed below.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Nolimar]reduced invincibilty on side-b
reduced hitbox on side-b[/collapse]

[collapse=Fox]
d-tilt has increased range!
reduced damage on d-tilt
fixed a hit box on fair that killed characters at 50%[/collapse]

[collapse=Falco]
first double jump can not be cancelled into his second double jump until some frames have passed ( no more "oh ****, JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP!" off stage and burning both jumps at once)[/collapse]

[collapse=Squirtle]
d-tilt damage reduced from 17 > 11
d-tilt cool down increased by 2 frames. 12 frames > 14
upair landing lag reduced 14 frames > 10?, 11?[/collapse]

[collapse=Ivysaur]
Ivycopter is now cancelable into air dodge[/collapse]

[collapse=Ness]
Yo-yos are now able to kill[/collapse]

[collapse=Marth]
F-smash is now SDIable[/collapse]

[collapse=Ike]No longer has super hitlaggy counter, instead counter when you have a fully charged aether stuns, screams, "You'll have no sympathy from me", and is cancelable into eruption. [/collapse]

[collapse=G&W]
weight increased from 60>75[/collapse]

[collapse=Snake]
cypher spikes characters
side-b + A spawns grenades. hold in front of snake to spawn grenade far away, up to spawn 1 in the air, no where to spawn it a dash attack away, down to spawn one at your feet. If you are holding an item, it teleports the item instead of a fresh grenade.
can move while taunting.[/collapse]

[collapse=Codes]
Jab locks reinstated.
Clank SFX added.
Level freezer code removed (due to glitches), replaced with stage file fixes.[/collapse]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom