• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.x.4

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

It's finally here.

The final 2.# series Brawl-.

Brawl- 2.X is FINALLY HERE.

What have we brought to the table?

Plenty of balance changes. Samus is no longer incredibly overpowering. Game and Watch no longer dies to a light wind. Luigi is finally at a point where we can honestly say he's fun to play against. The cast has come a very long way from the matchup defining gimmicks that onced defined the entire game.

The biggest balance change however has to be something we're incredibly proud of, an idea pitched by the legendary Kirk, Bowzangief, who you've all seen from our blogpost. No longer will you simply either beat Bowser or lose to him. Better learn to tech, though.

There are plenty of smaller changes you may not notice at first. Multi-jump characters who were not originally multi-jump characters now have the same fail-safe that the original ones had, where you cannot simply buffer and waste all your jumps. Toon Link has a small trick that allows him to grab while holding his bombs. Peach's NAir now eats shields for breakfast. THUNDER IS RED. Moves make an awesome clanking SFX when they, well, clank. We've taken care to add plenty of small things to this release, in addition to the larger things.

Now, there are obviously changes you will notice immediately. Mario has several fantastic new tools, Bowser has been gone over, and Olimar is just... well Olimar. Ganondorf is also an airplane now.

It's been a lot of work but here it is. This is most likely the final non-patch release for a long while. Will Brawl- be recognizable when it resurfaces? No way to know.

Special thanks to previous members of the team, including Budget Player Cadet, TSON, Kirk, standardtoaster, MonkUnit, Xyless, Composer, TheEnigmaLiesBroken, and various others whom without this project would never have gotten this far.
Special thanks to ASF1nk for the incredibly sexy strap loader.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Animations are staying, I removed what I could of textures, but I really don't know much about editing them. I can do fighter.pac stuff, complicated pac work, etc... but of all things it's textures I don't know how to do.

Rest assured they will be gone from 3.0 when that hits in... quite a while. 3.0 will have a lot more animation-wise though.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
Will you be doing a detailed/descriptive changelist in the future?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I literally haven't played or followed this in years, and it looks awesome. Is BPC no longer the head honcho of this project? Dunno if any of you will remember me from way back when, but I've had a good number of laughs just playing this game again :) The CSPs are priceless.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
BPC more co-heads the project now.

We're likely going to have more frequent updates once we get a homebrew updater sorted out.

And don't forget to "like" the facebook page, it basically can be considered our twitter feed because we update it constantly.

En1gmaSPY-23

Smash Rookie
My friends came over to play some B-, but we couldn't because of a strange problem. As soon as the first B- screen shows up and I press a button to skip it, I realized the gamecube controllers don't work. Changing ports doesn't work either, only the Wii remote works. I've been messing with the files all day, downloaded everything again, but it still doesn't work.

Anyone know what's up? It was fine 3 days ago. And sorry if this isn't the place to ask about this, but it's driving me crazy.

DSP

Smash Apprentice
So Ganon has pretty much unlimited recovery now with his DJ out of SideB? This is gonna be hell to edgeguard.

Top Bottom