• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ 5.0 RC1 Tactical Discussion Thread

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Usmash spike will be sorely missed. :(

But enough of that, onto more productive discussion.

What is it that Wolf users usually capitalize on? Approaching, camping, juggling, what?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
You mean "let's nerf sonic." Good idea. Not. Sonic is fine right now, and if he got anything, it should be the usmash spike again. He doesn't need crazy momentum, since it actually hurts him more than helps..
i didnt think it would nerf sonic that bad... so what, uair becomes useless, oh noes!
but whatever
i think he could benefit from the u-smash spike
its not that great of a move (regular usmash)

EDIT: just in case, i didnt mean anyhting i said to sound rude or anything like that, because i can see how it might be mistaken like that

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
marth is sexy. it took me a while to realize that all you had to do was spam his u tilt and then begin ken comboing but i finally figured it out.

Falco's Short hop laser.
singular.
fail.
do not like. Also his utilt seems kind of less spammy =(

Donkey Kong: Awesome
Donkey Kong that can combo: WHAT THE FU-BOOM

CF: sexy, still needs a little tweaking

MK: More nerfs, why not?

ganondorf, link, sonic ect...viable! yay!

But seriously SHDL was like the one thing that you HAD to do to play an effective falco and they destroyed it. Such a huge nerf, the added gravity isn't useful at all

Rudra

Smash Ace
Falco's Short hop laser.
singular.
fail.
do not like. Also his utilt seems kind of less spammy =(
But seriously SHDL was like the one thing that you HAD to do to play an effective falco and they destroyed it. Such a huge nerf, the added gravity isn't useful at all
And now you have to perfect SHL in order to play an effective Falco. More skill required? Yes. Unskewing matchups that were already in his favor? Yes. Aiding his approach, making it even faster? Yup. I think SHL is perfect.

Utilt may not be able to combo into another Utilt, but it has IASA frames allowing you to JC it into aerials (and a Usmash), so its still got combo potential.
:005:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Oh yes because we love broken spamminess. D:

Seriously, it's called SHFFL. Have you NEVER heard of Melee?

You can fastfall his laser. It gives you much more aerial control with it and makes it less gay at the same time.

Overall it gives Falco less homosexual stage control. Although sometimes it's even more useful because it's easier to hit shorter characters. Either way, your *****ing isn't going to change it, so ...yeah.

And utilt can cancel into a jump (or jc up smash or jc up b). It is less spammy, but gives the same effect that we wanted all along.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um.... I don't think that's right. What would be the point of it, then?

EDIT: wait do you mean like a laser shot on the ground?

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Falco can apply such good rush down with these new lasers.... so melee lol.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
um.... I don't think that's right. What would be the point of it, then?

EDIT: wait do you mean like a laser shot on the ground?
The height of a perfect SHFFLaser = the height of a standing laser.

Advantages include, but are not limited too: You can retreat/advance with momentum, you can B-Reversal SHFFLaser for mindgames/spacing reasons. You suffer less wind down than a standing laser. Your tech skill goes over 9000. Characters who laffed at your SHDL will have more issues with you now. The lasers are more flexible. Platforms are now Falco's acquaintances rather than enemies and much much more!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I dont think BF is a good Falco stage, but now since he can FF laser off platforms, it gives him alot more to play with.

WWR still ***** Falco though.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The way I see it, Falco can do some nice tricks while he is on the platform, but while you are on it it is still easy to avoid the lasers as it was before.

Though that's from the very minimal playtime I have had against Falco with SHFFL...

timothyung

Smash Ace
lol @ Fox and Falco's grounded lasers.
Give them 1 more damage, anyone?
I know we shouldn't buff them, but I find it weird that aerial laser is always > grounded laser.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Fox's grounded laser does enough damage, it fires fast and the cool down isn't tooooo much if you use it wisely (e.g. far away). Falco's grounded lasers I might agree with... not too sure though.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Falco's ground lasers have ALWAYS been useless. Since like day 1 of Melee. It's like a staple thing for him XD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Definitely. Scrubs need to learn to play the bird before you turn him into a Thanksgiving dinner of buff requests.

V:

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
wow. That was like a page and a half of poorly executed homosexual commentary and melee 2.0. Falco in melee was not the epitomy of game design. Neither was fox or marth. Yet all the tweaks to these characters have been moving them closer towards melee.

Also Wifi waiting room is like the crappiest stage people have called balance since pokefloats. There's an unlimited projectile shield in the middle og the stage. That you can move around. And it respawns. WTF.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Not really with fox or marth, and no SHFFLaser is not a nerf for Falco.......at all. Really it only makes him worse against tall characters that he still does good against anyways.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Also Wifi waiting room is like the crappiest stage people have called balance since pokefloats. There's an unlimited projectile shield in the middle og the stage. That you can move around. And it respawns. WTF.
lrn2stagestrategy.

Its unlimited yea, but hey. Here is some food for thought. Beat up the sandbag and usmash it for critical damage so that it stays off screen for a few seconds to maybe half a min. :V

Durp.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh no, Melee 2.0! We're making Brawl+ resemble a great competitive game! The horror!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Or. You can walk through the sandbag. Revolutionary thought here. D:

And fox mains, etc. must be butt ***** because they can't spam lasers/beams/gyros/blue lasers/turnips/fireballs/etc on the stage right? :V

Seriously, just learn to not spam projectiles. It's a fair and balanced stage, much moreso than Final Destination.

And the WBR won't be changing it anytime soon, so...yeah...

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
lasers can't walk through sandbags. And i don't care if you call it spamming a good falco will laser more than he'll run. Lasers=falco

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
No, it's absolutely freakin' huge. That's why it's not entirely fair and balanced. I don't know if it's a neutral or a counterpick, but I'd guess that WWR can go either direction. Perfect for doubles though... I'd even say one of the best doubles stages.

Seriously though, the sandbag is a concern? The idea that your opponent hiding behind a sandbag destroys your Falco/Fox/whoever is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.

B3Brawler, the fact that you are not able to work around the sandbag does not dictate that the WWR is a bad stage. It just means that you are too lazy to move around it... or, you know, approach. Falco's pretty good at doing that.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Definitely. Scrubs need to learn to play the bird before you turn him into a Thanksgiving dinner of buff requests.
You mean a buffet?

lol u c wut i did thar?

Agreed with Fox/Falcos stop complaining about the sandbag shield. Just hit it out of the way, jeez. Even better, protect the sandbag by moving it over to one side of the stage.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
You mean a buffet?
I lol'd @ lame BBrawl humor.

My god why are people complaining about the sandbag? The only annoying thing is that the camera follows it, but that's it. One of my mains is Falco and I have no trouble with it (see: getting it out of the way, moving around it)

Top Bottom