• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ 5.0 RC1 Tactical Discussion Thread

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ok let's make his upB an unpunishable spam move. Even better.
Or you could cut the hostile crap towards me for interjecting a small comment.

Besides, nowhere did I give any details specific enough that it would lead to a break of the move/making it unpunishable. Lay off.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
Ironic considering that you're the one who misses jokes and takes things too seriously most of the time.

Anyways, screw canon. Give Toon Link a Galerang and take it off Link, leaving him with a normal one ala Melee. WIN.
Or give Link's Galeboomerang's wind effect a poison damage when pulling and we can call that golden. :laugh:

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
???
wario didn't receive a single character specific buff in b+, only nerfs...
wario doesnt care about that stuff;)
Wario got a coin pummel! He gets money every time he pokes someone in the crotch. I think he is happy. I love the coin pummel. <3

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Does Wario new coin pummel hit Jiggz? I remember it not hitting once. I doubt anything about the moved changed except the coin effect, but still. I wanna know if it's a bug that's already been fixed or something.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't play Marth, or any good Marth players. (My Marth looks like a flailing schoolgirl.)

...Can he SHDFair?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
some random **** i thought of after playing for a couple hours:
-slowed down laser speed as opposed to increased gravity??
-Fox is really **** easy to gimp
I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Please take any and all Falco discussion to my Falco+ thread...

Absolutely no to changing Falco's lasers. They are perfect now. Also... His gravity is perfect (or very near perfect). Is he combo bait? Yes. Is that news for Falco? No, he's a fast faller, deal with it. His new gravity is detrimental to his game, he's swift and exacting. It's great. I've never had as much fun playing Falco as I do now in RC1. Thank you and good job WBR!

Also... So what if Fox is gimped easy? He's definately not gimped as easily as Falco. Fox's firefox goes much further than Falco's firebird. In addition, many characters have poor recoveries, or are very gimpable. It's not like Fox and Falco don't have good on-stage games to compensate for their poor recoveries. What about Ness's recovery? Or Link's? Etc..

Note: please try to take responses regarding Falco to the Falco+ thread. Thanks.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I think the gale boomerang is very underrated.. I have Gimped a few players with it w/ out doing gale guarding. When the opponent takes a ride on the boomerang offstage to recover, he now fly's into my semi-spike spin attack.

Shortly after that, he ****s his pants and excuses himself from the room.

*AKA: Leaf has a good point. (Edit for clarity) which is characters are fine as is. Though sarcastic he may beGale can be finally used somewhat strategically if you put significant effort and a little thought into it. Situational though......*

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
*AKA: Leaf has a good point. Gale can be finally used somewhat strategically if you put significant effort and a little thought into it. Situational though......*
Eh? I don't recall saying anything about link's gale boomerang...

Neko said:
He can. the window is probably too tight for comfort, but I mainly have issues with the SH. :V
Admittedly, his sh is at kind of an awkward height. It's neither low enough to give super fast shffls nor high enough to just hang their forever while your foe is afraid to approach you. When I was redoing his physics for this build, I put his sh higher than I thought it should be and figured it'd be perfect for the marth mains. He can hang in the air as it is, and he can do somewhat fast shffls, although he doesn't exceed at either. I think having the ability to mix that up is overall more beneficial to marth than having to play the "will I attack" game or having to spam fast aerials. He also keeps his ability to sh double fair and sh fair uair with these physics, even if they have tight timing. Overall, the physics give him more variety at the cost of a certain degree of effectiveness for each of the components it affects.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
You didn't leaf. But you did mention spin attack. And those two moves work good together :\/

Characters are fine as is was your point. I couldn't agree more.

Eh who am I kidding...........If leaf wants to make spin attack kill at 30% and be unpublishable......why should I complain LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......I'll shut up now

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You didn't leaf. But you did mention spin attack. And those two moves work good together :\/

Characters are fine as is was your point. I couldn't agree more.
Ah, yes.

Eh who am I kidding...........If leaf wants to make spin attack kill at 30% and be unpublishable......why should I complain
I lol'd.

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZ
That made me stop laughing, though.

.......I'll shut up now
Gave a mild chuckle?

Alright. Evaluation time!

Effort: A
Delivery: C-
Bonus points for agreeing with me: A

Final grade: B+

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Ah, yes.

I lol'd.

Gave a mild chuckle?

rofl! Leaf, care to be my professor? I'll happily agree with anything you say if it earns me a better grade! ;D

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Wait so people get an A on the bonus points if they agree with you........how would someone manage to get any other grade at agreeing with you, besides an F.

Anyways I still want the WBR to release a patch, its not like the metagame restarts every time you change something. Removing something OP, fixing glitches, and patching in cosmetic/stage changes is completely fine

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Nah. You wouldn't like that. I take away points from suck ups.
darnit. Nvm then.

What kind of stuff has been deemed worthy of tweaking or patching in the RC1 build? I understand that the WBR has not yet collectively agreed on how to go about rectifying certain things, but what things are even candidates for change?

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
Ah, yes.

I lol'd.

Gave a mild chuckle?

B+? B+?! BRAAAAAAWWWWWWLLLL +!!!

for the oblivious, its a jab at the change to Marth's fsmash.

In his defense: Internet Sarcasm is a crime and should be banned.
Thanks for the defense. I owe you... a game.

dori.

Smash Apprentice
Her nair is not amazing, it's just easy to hit with, but doesn't KO well.

Bair is very strong, but difficult to hit with.

For uair, you shouldn't be moving up, or it doesn't work as well. That's all I've got to say.
well, the way I've always used up air, I've done it into the person (as opposed to following them in the air with it, which is useless) but sometimes they fall out. Maybe I'm still doing it wrong

anyway, since this is the "tactical" thread, what matchups are considered bad for Peach? I've started to use her a lot lately. I have problems vs Pit. Maybe I should stop trying to rush down because my attempts to get in get stuffed.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Marth and MK are considered bad for her. About the rest, I don't know. It's too personal for that, one says it's an advantage, the other says it's a disadvantage, and the other one says it's even.

Anyway, you should watch out for Marth, MK, Jiggly, Squirtle and Pikachu. Don't know if they're bad for you, but some have problems with these.

:053:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I think he's at a disadvantage against sword users in general, I think she was 40-60 with Link in Melee, even while being able to ruin him offstage with turnips.

dori.

Smash Apprentice
I always felt Marth/Peach was a historically bad matchup for the princess.

And yeah I DO have problems with Squirtle, any tips?

Top Bottom