• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl 64 - Don't Get Hit

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
LOL yeah I ninja'd you there kenshen.

And idgaf about Project M with their optional aesthetic changes, I'll be including SFX along with the official package.

Including the voices of characters.

Also EY that was basically the idea, using both sets of SFX as necessary.

And kenshen outside of %s that isn't exactly too helpful. But I'm going to try and get a hold of those codes that make hitboxes visible in emulator and do a frame-by-frame for frame data.
ok that will help because i was working on a mock up of link my best character in ssb64 and all i had was attack data :(

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
good ****. is there anything i can do to help with brawl64? i dont know how to code or psa or anything.. lol
can you animate?

Edit: just tested out toon link who is going to be 64 link and mario with weight and fall speeds set it froze every time tested with just normal link set to 64 link weight and fall speeds it worked hmm.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
kenshen, did you just try to copy paste values from that chart? It's not that simple. That isn't data actually ripped from 64, that's values done through actual testing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Interesting development.

I may have the values for physics, KB, and weight available to port directly soon. It all depends on if they significantly changed the scaling for the values.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll still need a bunch of things, like the angle for DI in US 64 (japanese is 0 afaik, and that's BS), landing detection (not a major priority), and animations (fairly easy).

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
So... What happened to this? Seems like an excellent idea.
its still going were just trying to get some frame data weights etc since no ones ever ripped them before if you would like to help with this project send either me or dirt a pm

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm gonna have to embarrass myself a bit here by saying I just recently figured out exactly how to APPLY this stuff. So unless its playtesting, I got nothing.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Still. I would playtest if you needed it. My first fighting game was smash 64 and I still play it fairly often.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
its still going were just trying to get some frame data weights etc since no ones ever ripped them before if you would like to help with this project send either me or dirt a pm
Please don't use we.

You've repeatedly demonstrated that you have no idea what you are doing. You initially seemed to, but I was quite drastically wrong. Also stop thinking that you are part of the team. You are not.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No.

Blame real life and my continuing trouble tracking down the character data within the original Smash 64 ROM.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, I could. But without a laptop that's just far too time consuming.

Also I have to base the values off of something. Which without at the very least weight values I can't do.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Yeah, I could. But without a laptop that's just far too time consuming.

Also I have to base the values off of something. Which without at the very least weight values I can't do.
I see.... No one else has ever had a use for the values before?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Lame. None of the big time code/PSA people can help? This is a great idea, I'm sure someone who's got the knowhow would help.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There's actually going to be a release by the end of the year.

As to which project...

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Is the plan to give all the veterans their Smash 64 Movesets back? *really wants to play with Fox's 64 FSmash and Fair*

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No. Not all of them.

Fox however will.

Luigi keeps some of his Brawl moveset.

That is all.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Personally I think strong bad is trolling.

Also Brawl 64 isn't my current priority.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm keeping you to that release date! Also, that's weird. Why not change it all back for this game?

Top Bottom