• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl? a downgrade back to Smash 64...

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
I was at a random smashfest a few years ago, and I was watching Isai playing SSB64 with Kawn. A friend of mine who used to play SSB64 was like "I liked SSB64 but too bad there was no DI" - to which Isai responded with "Stop talking about things you don't know anything about"

The man was right. DI is different in SSB64. Just because none of you guys can do it, doesn't mean it never existed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP46Y7GmYts&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5PXMM4yU_8&NR=1

This also applies to any technique that may or may not have been carried over to Brawl. Just the fact that Smash is game where you can completely control the character's jumps and landing makes it a competitive game already. So just let the techs become discovered and enjoy the new direction.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Fool, L-Cancelling DOES exist.

Fast Fall then use your attack.

Keep in mind that L stands for Lag, not the shoulder button L. It's always been acronymed for that. Also realize that because L-Cancelling can be acheived with the R shoulder button and the Z button in Melee that it would be nonsensical to coin an entire term to only 1 button. If you're an experienced Melee player, then you would've known that. Instead, because of the absolutely scrub style that you're throwing out these technical terms, it gives me the notion that you don't know diddly squat about what you're saying.

While people have always said there's no such thing as a stupid question, the same was never stated about your opinion on the game. Opinions can be stupid, and yours indeed is stupid.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Yea my bad, i concede that arguement its more a tangent it will still be a ok game. The ups are all the new features and my downs is the taking away from the melee physics instead of just adding on to it.
fairly said. but the reality of the matter is we as players can't do anything about it. Not saying that you're wrong in bringing this up, but lets spend our energy looking for new stuff. I think a big reason (for me anyways) a lot of this kind of discussion is going on is because there is all this stuff being revealed but a large amount of us have nothing to do but watch, read, and mostly respond, we can't play it yet ourselves so we start posting like CRAZY :)

one thing people have said though is that SSB had a good competitive FOUR player game over SSBM (again, just an opinion, and not even mine directly, just what I've heard) so it'll be interesting to see how SSBB's competitive FOUR player battles are, only time will tell.

Swu

Smash Cadet
This whole arguements about how "I think Melee physics should have been implemented in Brawl, not totally modified, but at most added on to" I talking about how Melee L-canceling should have implemented in Brawl. We know Brawl has some sort of L-canceling going on just not that one that made melee interesting and getting good at even better. Im sorryfor you for misinterpting so bad.....and

While people have always said there's no such thing as a stupid question, the same was never stated about your opinion on the game. Opinions can be stupid, and yours indeed is stupid.
we are criticizing the game and opinions not other peoples personalities, way to act like an ***.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Hmm, my brother says that melee is just one giant glitch (and at times I'm prone to agree with him). Why don't we play the game, and see what's new, before trying to write it off. Personally, I like the idea of being able to potentially enter the competitive scene of the new game. I'm very inexperienced in melee, but Brawl is a fresh start, and new beginnings.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Fool, L-Cancelling DOES exist.

Fast Fall then use your attack.
You are the fool as there is no such thing anymore. KEEP WITH THE TIMES. Sheesh.

The new l cancel is timing your arials and not fastfalling to early or not do your attack to late. That is the closest we have to it. >_>

Edit@above: You and your mom are one giant glitch along with Brawl. What do you think of that?!?!?!?!?

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
ha ha, I think if people actually asked Sakurai if they were glitches or not in melee, either way it went, he would have a lot of pissed off fans on his hands :)

what people don't get is it doesn't matter if they were or weren't they were in the game, and they aren't in this one, I LMAO at all the "see, see, they WERE glitches" and "why did he take those out? they were official moves, **** YOU SAKURAI" threads

BOTH are ridiculous, but EVERYONE has an opinion on the matter eh? :laugh:

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
I think comparing to 64 is like a compliment, pretty much because they had nothing to complain about with 64. With Melee came the disappointment because they didn't include such and such, and you couldn't do this, and you couldn't do that.

By The Way, they is comparing to the people that just complained about Melee. No offence to anyone.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Plese, nobody cares wants a topic dedicated to whining about the lack of glitchs in a game.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I watched some videos of Brawl play. I particularly enjoyed viewing an itemless match between a Marth and a Pikachu on Corneria. It was like watching a Melee match, but brighter than Melee (Melee was a dark game, and to make it more 'friendly' it looks like they went all out on brightening things). So wavedashing and L-Cancelling are out . . . the two contestants still looked to be having a good time of it, and didn't really seem to need it.

I think once most players are used to not using it again, you'll find Brawl to be just as comfortable. You need to adapt and lose that Cube mentallity. The Wii is where it's at.

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
You need to adapt and lose that Cube mentallity.
Maybe someday those 'pros' will forget adv techs if they play Brawl long enough. Hopefully they will.

Isn't it a bit lame to whine about not using glitches anymore? I mean, can't you fight a normal match without using glitches? I bet the whole scene of pro players would go down..except of me, the unofficial pro player who doesn't use glitches :p.

I played Shiek in Melée and Pikachu in SSB64. I can't remember using glitches anywhen with any version or any character and after a week of playing the game I was unbeatable [still need someone to proof me the opposite..]. What the hell, if we make bugs in our programs in our company we often find them years later. So just play enough to [hopefully not] find what you're looking for.

And the best it: I bet as soon as we fight those 'pros' online, they'll say "I just lost cuz I can't use WDing anymore" x)))))

Top Bottom