• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl anecdotes or: Stupid things we say while playing SSBB.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
"Sparta./!" - me when using Ganondorf's Ftilt
"Babies." - me using Bowser's Down Throw
"No one gets left behind/Choose life!/Don't struggle or we'll both go under!" - me when being a Rescue Hero (It's the EXACT opposite of Bowsercide)

"Worth it!" - any of my spikaholic friends when getting a suicide spike

"Dude, Mario has four lives!" - when Mario isn't in the match

"PSYCHO CRUSHA!!!" - When I use Ness' PK Thunder Missile or my friend gets Falcon's Knee while in Bison colors

"Happy birthday Mr. President!" - When my friend gets a Knee while in Falcon's Gay Pride/Stripper Gram outfit.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Playing against Hiyayaya! on Endless Brawl.
Hiyayaya! says "I've found another good repetitive attack!"
I couldn't play after that, due to the fail, and the lols.

NorrYtt

Smash Cadet
One time I was playing MewTwo in Melee in a 4 player FFA 5min Time. We were all trash-talking and I was losing bad and getting called "**********" for dieing all the time, but then I got a Super Mushroom, grew really big and in an adrenaline rage I blurted out, "Ah YES!!! WHO'S THE GIANT ********** NOW?!?!?!? Wait..."

We had to pause the game until everyone stopped laughing.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
4 Snakes, everyone at my place. "man, this is worse than war".
And Ike's counter. 2 of us heard"falcon", I heard it as "robin" lol

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
One time I was playing MewTwo in Melee in a 4 player FFA 5min Time. We were all trash-talking and I was losing bad and getting called "**********" for dieing all the time, but then I got a Super Mushroom, grew really big and in an adrenaline rage I blurted out, "Ah YES!!! WHO'S THE GIANT ********** NOW?!?!?!? Wait..."

We had to pause the game until everyone stopped laughing.
You owned yourself.
Congratulations :laugh:.

studly

Smash Ace
when someone forgets to press the a button at the end of the match we call that "brycing" after my friend bryce who does it all the freaking time

if we happen to catch Bryce doing it...he get a chorus of "oooh's"

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
i got another one...so i was edge guarding and my frined got mad...i told him i wud stop...some omb-bombs droped next to the ledge...he up B unto all of them...looked right at me and said "why the **** did you do that?!" lmmfao ppl are insane!

PCHU

Smash Lord
I was playing Melee against my friend.
I was Marth and he was Kirby.
I was on the right ledge of Pokemon Stadium, and he was trying to recover from below.
I ledgedrop to DJ dair, spiking him to his death.
I then make it back to the stage.

He said "you don't deserve that death...".
I was all like >_>

I perfectly deserve that death.
It's his fault for choosing Kirby (he's pretty good, though), and he knows how skilled I am with Marth.

Also...

N64 Dreamland (Melee).
I was Falco and he was Kirby, trying to recover from the lower right.
I sit and SHFFL dairs.
He makes it to the top, but he was spiked right back down because of the extent of Falco's hitbox.
I can't remember what he said, but it was something along the lines of "That shouldn't happen!".

They weren't real johns; he's a good enough Kirby to make up for his deaths.
He just does it for fun.

And lastly....
I am the weirdest johner.
I john when I WIN.
I mostly do it with Brawl tipper deaths (Marth's tipper range at the top of his fsmash is larger than anticipated).

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
not worth it. nobody post here after my entry.

"Brawl is fun"

...or maybe that's dumbest line ever...

S

smash brawl player 99021

I was throwing pikmin on a bowser and shouted **** HIS SPIKY ***!!!
lol.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
One time, I through a Gooey Bomb at Bowser, it made the noise that indicated it was connecting, but it wasn't on him. My friend proceeded to hum the Twilight Zone theme from the rest of the match.

One time I killed myself with a Wario Waft, and my friend (same one) goes "So, the dump of death does exist?"

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
For every tornado you do, a gay baby is born.
Oh ****. You just gave birth to 3 gay babies.

Camping isnt cheap, THIS IS BAWRL.

Jetlag + hitlag kills me.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
My roommate and I refer to Captain Falcon as Gai-sensei because he's awesome like that.

'Pulling an Andy' means you get hit while you're taunting or you attack a container and it explodes on you.

'Pulling a me' means you do some hax0r CPU status thing like grab someone who is in the air above you or some hitbox that shouldn't connect somehow does. I've hit people backward with a knee before. Like Ganon's Spartan Kick...lmao if it connects at the thigh and launches you backward we call it a 'Thigh Kick' and his f-air connecting really close to his body is called an 'Armpit Attack.' Usually these phrases are followed by angry gibberish about how I hack and attack people through shields and stuff :laugh:

I'll usually say something about how manly my character is, so he doesn't care whether you shield or not.

We also call Captain Falcon's down smash the 'Soccer Kick'...it does look like it on the first hit huh?

White Ganondorf is called 'Ganondalf the White' or 'Ganondalf the Grey' or 'Grandpa Ganon.' Usually the last one. His down tilt is called the 'sneaky kick.'

A Ganon who has shrunk is called 'Ganondwarf.'

And we call Pit "Arm Pit" for the lols

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
The Knee of Justice! - Captain Falcon's Forward aerial. It must hit with the sweet spot, and it must kill the opponent.
Example: We all know that the only way I can win this match is with The Knee of Justice.

Japed - Getting killed by a clap-trap on Jungle Japes
Example: "Yeah! You got Japed, son!"

Justice - A general term. It's used to define anything ridiculous that happens in a match that changes the outcome of the match.
Example: There is a 4-person brawl on Frigate Orpheon. The stage flips, and kills all but one person. Two players are knocked out of the match, and the third player is put at equal stock to the remaining player. Remaining player then wins the match, which he should have lost.
(Japing can be a form of Justice, but not always)
(The Knee of Justice is always Justice. Similar aerials are not.)
(Captain Falcon is always Justice. No exceptions.)

"JIGGLYPUUUUUUFF!" -Same player. I later learned he mained Jiggly in Melee, and was traumatized from Jiggly's lowered status in Brawl

"You know the rule with Captain Falcon, right?"
"No, what is it?"
"If you successfully land a Falcon Punch, you have to taunt seven times before you're allowed to do anything else."
-A very wise man

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Me and mate were playing on Kirbys DreamLand on the N64 or Melee

"I love this stage cuz the tree blows you" LOL

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I always repeat the way the announcer says "Marth" because it sounds funny.

"God, turn items on NONE! You're f*cking annnoying with items!!"

"Pit is a cheap a** motherf*****!!"

"Why the H*** did D3 throw out a smash ball?"

"Fire! Woops I died" (everytime I use Falco)

"What the ****? We're never going back to 75m"

"There aren't enough characters. Just wait till we finish my fangame, SUPER SMASH BROS CRUSADE, and use all 74 characters!"

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
My roommate and I refer to Captain Falcon as Gai-sensei because he's awesome like that.

'Pulling an Andy' means you get hit while you're taunting or you attack a container and it explodes on you.

'Pulling a me' means you do some hax0r CPU status thing like grab someone who is in the air above you or some hitbox that shouldn't connect somehow does. I've hit people backward with a knee before. Like Ganon's Spartan Kick...lmao if it connects at the thigh and launches you backward we call it a 'Thigh Kick' and his f-air connecting really close to his body is called an 'Armpit Attack.' Usually these phrases are followed by angry gibberish about how I hack and attack people through shields and stuff :laugh:

I'll usually say something about how manly my character is, so he doesn't care whether you shield or not.

We also call Captain Falcon's down smash the 'Soccer Kick'...it does look like it on the first hit huh?

White Ganondorf is called 'Ganondalf the White' or 'Ganondalf the Grey' or 'Grandpa Ganon.' Usually the last one. His down tilt is called the 'sneaky kick.'

A Ganon who has shrunk is called 'Ganondwarf.'

And we call Pit "Arm Pit" for the lols
QFT, are u sure I haven't met u at a friendly? (even though u don't live anywhere near me, lol). Especially the "Grandpa Ganon" or "Arm Pit" thing.

lucy!JOE!

Smash Cadet
mine i when my lil 4 yr old bro was playin wiff me and he reflected an item wiff marth and he said "reflect that $Hiz" :D lol its was soo funnny!!!

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
"Aye, Dawg. I'm sorry ta say this, but...I live for Brawl, dawg. I live for Brawl." - M!B

*Performs an Up-Air'd Blind Combo with Mario.

-"Dang, man. Your Mario's on crack! O_o - M!B

"If this was Melee, he'd never make it back!" - Alternate275

"Personally, I prefer ya mom!"

"You don't edge-guard in this game at all. You AIR-GUARD." - Everyone

"F*ck this game..." *0-Death Combo 3-stock. xD

"Sakurai sucked d!ck to get Snake in this game." - Peru

"Oh gawd. Time's running out! It's almost like it's a VIDEO GAME!" - Random nublet.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
QFT, are u sure I haven't met u at a friendly? (even though u don't live anywhere near me, lol). Especially the "Grandpa Ganon" or "Arm Pit" thing.
lol so I am not alone!

I've also always called Samus....Spamus. Spamus Aryan instead of Samus Aran to be exact. Ever since N64. And lo and behold...in Brawl she is indeed blond-haired and blue-eyed. Not as much spamming in Brawl with Samus now though. Super Missile spam in Melee was the worst. It was both a pain and a terror. In N64 it was a simple annoyance.

Frown

poekmon
My friend, Martin used Ice Climbers for the first time. He became hysterical every time Nana got nocked away, and jumped off the stage in order to use Belay, even if Nana would've made it back without any help. At the end of the match, we were both at over 100%, and I ALMOST knocked Nana off the side of the screen. Martin used Popo to save her, climbed up on the stage, and upsmashed my lat life away.

Then, he dropped his controller, stood up and yelled "I PROVED THAT TRUE LOVE EXISTS!"

Every time he uses Ice Climbers nowadays, we say "Remember the time you proved that true love exists?"

Rudra

Smash Ace
"YOU DID IT CHARIZARD!" [Hugs opponent]

"You MUST Recover!" [when watching someone fail to DI correctly]

"Come back....I Dair you..."[when edgeguarding with a character who can "spike"]

[Immitates Rick Wheeler when a Falcon player dies]"Captain Falcon!"

"Don't listen to him! It's a TRAP" [During MK's "Come" and "Fight Me" taunts]

"Sit boy!" [ONLY when Dairing with Charizard, though I sometimes say girl XD]

That's all I can remember right now.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
When we were playing melee and discussing brawl (before it came out), my friend started so say something, then got spiked and swore at exactly the right times:

"Did you hear in the new one they're taking out the mode where you can-- F***!"
"I'm gonna miss not being about to-- F*** YOU!"

He had good timing.

Top Bottom