• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

brawl at gamestop

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
so i walked into gamestop and saw a bunch of boxes of brawl! They were not the real thing of coarse, but they confirmed that they are using that boxart for sure, and they also confirmed a rumor i heard. I heard it was 6800 jp, as opposed to the standard 5800, so people thought it might be 60 usd. It was 49.99, so there you have it gamestop has set its price to normal!

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I don't see why it wouldn't be. Unless there was a collector's edition I didn't know about (which, now that I think about it, would get in a heartbeat).

JohnnyInThePants

Smash Apprentice
Good. Though there was no doubt in my mind that the price was going to be $49.99, it's always nice for a confirmation.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
hot !
evilflame101 (my quote thing isn't working)
I read in another thread that the back of the box says
it has a roster 40 deep.
Is this true?

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
hot !
evilflame101 (my quote thing isn't working)
I read in another thread that the back of the box says
it has a roster 40 deep.
Is this true?
omg, i didnt even look at the back of the box, because we were in a hurry and my mom told me just to run in, because i was checking to see if they had guitar hero, and i saw it on the way out... i will try to go back 2morro. If anyone else saw a box in the store please try to answer this question!
Now i really wish i would have taken a better look...

iMichael

Smash Lord
I really like that boxart and I'm happy they went with that instead of all black or white with "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" in the middle.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
The funny thing is that there is already a thread like this...

Anyway, don't trust Gamestop, the box art may change.
yes, but the price should be final, at least for that store...

I really like that boxart and I'm happy they went with that instead of all black or white with "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" in the middle.
ya, this would be much better, just saying ssbb in the middle would be bland....

iMichael

Smash Lord
The funny thing is that there is already a thread like this...

Anyway, don't trust Gamestop, the box art may change.
I don't think it will change...that same boxart can be found on the Japan dojo. It's official and there's nothing wrong with it.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I already payed for Brawl in full months ago and knew the price then. The price has been known since stores first starting accepting reservations.

peachy!

super princess
omg, i didnt even look at the back of the box, because we were in a hurry and my mom told me just to run in, because i was checking to see if they had guitar hero, and i saw it on the way out... i will try to go back 2morro. If anyone else saw a box in the store please try to answer this question!
Now i really wish i would have taken a better look...
No it doesn't say anything like that. I live in Honduras, Central America. But I went in vacations to Chicago. And indeed I went to GameStop. I got the box. In the back, it has pictures from the movie in 2006. In the bottom, it had in big letters written: THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL COVER FOR THE GAME. IT'S PLACED FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY.

With that, meaning that the back of the box doesn't contain any real stuff. And you could clearly see that the front of the cover was printed out of the internet.

But nothing about 40 characters deep. :(

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
No it doesn't say anything like that. I live in Honduras, Central America. But I went in vacations to Chicago. And indeed I went to GameStop. I got the box. In the back, it has pictures from the movie in 2006. In the bottom, it had in big letters written: THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL COVER FOR THE GAME. IT'S PLACED FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY.

With that, meaning that the back of the box doesn't contain any real stuff. And you could clearly see that the front of the cover was printed out of the internet.

1) Good ! I hate the boxart.
It doesn't show Ice Climbers, Ike, and Lucas, and they are all differant franchises, so they should have been shown before repeats like Peach (Cuz of Mario) and Pokemontrainor (cuz of Pikachu)
2) Blast !

NDUDE

Smash Ace
1) Good ! I hate the boxart.
It doesn't show Ice Climbers, Ike, and Lucas, and they are all differant franchises, so they should have been shown before repeats like Peach (Cuz of Mario) and Pokemontrainor (cuz of Pikachu)
2) Blast !
The one on the front page of this thread IS the official box art. It's on Nintendo's own sites (press site, Nintendo home page, Japan's Dojo, etc.).

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
I already payed for Brawl in full months ago and knew the price then. The price has been known since stores first starting accepting reservations.
i was going to do that online, but when i was going to do it there was a disclaimer saying this was not the confirmed price and is just an estimate, but if the price changes you will get the lesser of the 2 prices...

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
As far as the price goes. I have reserved Brawl and paid for it in full.

Cost me 49.99 plus tax.

The store manager himself told me that I can now walk in on Dec. 10th, pick up the game without even taking out my wallet, and go home right away.

Case closed :)

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman

your right, they usually do that, but i think it was actual printing and not just a print off the internet...

Panduh

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, but I trust this guy.

The boxart doesn't seem right at all.
Like I said, if that is real, I'm suprised that not all the starters series are
represented, like Lucas, IceClimbers, Ike, Diddy/Donkey , and Yoshi.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman

Cost me 49.99 plus tax.

The store manager himself told me that I can now walk in on Dec. 10th, pick up the game without even taking out my wallet, and go home right away.

DECEMBER 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol jk, read the post right above this one I am replying too...

peachy!

super princess
The one on the front page of this thread IS the official box art. It's on Nintendo's own sites (press site, Nintendo home page, Japan's Dojo, etc.).
Yes! That's what I said! I am talking about the back of the box. The front part IS REAL. But the back just says that it's for display purposes because obviously Nintendo hasn't revealed the back part.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Yes! That's what I said! I am talking about the back of the box. The front part IS REAL. But the back just says that it's for display purposes because obviously Nintendo hasn't revealed the back part.
awwwwwww.... I died a little inside...
Can someone anwser this? What does QFT stand for?!
I hate that kinda typing !

I'm suprised Diddy's not on the cover.
You'd think..cuz lots of people must be excited for him.

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
awwwwwww.... I died a little inside...
Can someone anwser this? What does QFT stand for?!
I hate that kinda typing !

I'm suprised Diddy's not on the cover.
You'd think..cuz lots of people must be excited for him.
QFT = Quote For Truth (i think)

Diddy may not be a starter but im as surprised as you (not really)

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
QFT = Quote For Truth (i think)

Diddy may not be a starter but im as surprised as you (not really)
I thought all the characters were starters except for the 3rd party ones.
I read that in a quote somewhere.
But you might be right. I don't see why Sakurai would show a non 3rd party secret
character.
They only did the 3rd party ones to get people excited cuz there favorite characters are in or whatever.

And thanks for the QFT.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Same here. When I went to go purchase some older used gamecube games I saw Super Smash Bros. Brawl box there. I asked how'd they get it so early, in which he simply replied it's just an empty case. He said that they will only have around THREE copies of brawl arriving on Feb. 10th, so I decided to pre-order.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace

Cost me 49.99 plus tax.

Copy and Paste. I have the exaxct same story. Hooray for preorders.:)

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
Same here. When I went to go purchase some older used gamecube games I saw Super Smash Bros. Brawl box there. I asked how'd they get it so early, in which he simply replied it's just an empty case. He said that they will only have around THREE copies of brawl arriving on Feb. 10th, so I decided to pre-order.
THREE copies? Oh this is bad. Especially if they have a Midnight release I just hope I can get there really fast.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Jeez... Three copies?

You must live in cow town.

Well I jsut got my Wii the other day so the next thing up on my list of things to do is pre-order Brawl.

I guess I should ask how many copies they are getting any how many people already pre-ordered it and if they think they are having a midnight release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom