• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Battle Regulations

GamerdudeAT

Smash Apprentice
When Brawl comes out, what rules are you going to fight with? Ya know, like lives, time, coins, stamina, CPU level. I'm going to fight with the same rules I fought with on melee.
5 lives, CPU level 5-9.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I don't know what I'll fight like untill I play for myself every game mode. I'm guessing something a little like I did with Melee, though-play with 10 lives (sometimes 5).

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
same standard tourney rules for human on human. 4 lives, no items, no stupid stages. knock it down to 3 for the comps because i tend to lose patience with their idiotic rapid punch spams.
gamerdude - the text in ur sig should be carved in gold and thrown at alot of whiny gamers.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
53 stock. 1 minute timed match. pokeballz high. wiimotes+chuks. 4 cpus. pajamas.

then i'm going to come here post videos, strategies, glitches, and advanced techniques like rolling, shieldgrabbing, shower-canceling, etc.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
3 stocks, little to no items probably

I might even drop down to 2 stocks. This way we can play more matches and we like to use different people a lot too. If I end up liking items and they're fairly balanced, I may keep some of them on.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Three stocks, only Smash Balls on low, with friends or computers lvl 5-9, or I'll play WiFi with anyone/friends.

Zevox

Smash Lord
*shrugs* Whatever I feel like at the time. Usually that means 1-5 lives, no time limit, any computers at level 9, stage random but with a few I don't like turned off, items somewhere between off and all on very high (only thing I can really say on that is that I'll likely always play with the smash ball on if nothing else). With friends, we'll come to some agreement on the matter beforehand that we can all enjoy.

Zevox

Sadnap

Smash Cadet
3 Stock no items. Haven't you guys seen how long it takes to finish a match now?

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
As far as vs. matches go with friends, legal stages and 4 stock. If with CPU's, level 9's at the same legal stages.

If we're just messing around we'll spice it up a bit with different stages/items :p

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
3 or four players
-Five Stock
-All items but hearts, stars, max. tomatoes
-Final Smashes on
-No time limit
-All stages on (may change)

1 vs. 1
-Five Stock
-All items but hearts, stars, max. tomatoes
-No FS
-No time limit
-All stages but New Pork City on.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Most commonly, probably 5 minutes. Maybe 4-15 stock depending on the number of players (stock matches w/o time).
When playing competitively, I'll use tourney rules except sometimes maybe items on low.

i hate brawl!!!!!! j/k it's the best game in the world!!!
There's a 'best game in the world' mode? MUST TRY.

Top Bottom