• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Beginner Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesley`

Smash Rookie
Hello. My name is Wesley, and I'm completely new to this forum. But I don't need help with the forums, i know how they work, my questions are about brawl :).

I've recently bought my Wii and of course brawl with it, and started playing straight away. I know how the game works because I've played Melee for ages, and Samus was my favourite character. But now that I got brawl, I'd like some tips, advice, online matches, anything that could help me.

I have already completed the SSE and so far the ones I really like to play with are Samus (of course) , R.O.B. , and Diddy Kong (Allthough i prefer the first two). As I like changes, I will probably start maining R.O.B. from now on. Does anyone have ideas how I can improve my game? Or is someone willing to give me some online fights and give me a little feedback?

Thanks in Advance,

Wes.

BTW: I realised about 20 seconds after playing with MK that I hate that guy, so please don't come up with tips saying I should main him instead.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Hello. My name is Wesley, and I'm completely new to this forum. But I don't need help with the forums, i know how they work, my questions are about brawl :).

I've recently bought my Wii and of course brawl with it, and started playing straight away. I know how the game works because I've played Melee for ages, and Samus was my favourite character. But now that I got brawl, I'd like some tips, advice, online matches, anything that could help me.

I have already completed the SSE and so far the ones I really like to play with are Samus (of course) , R.O.B. , and Diddy Kong (Allthough i prefer the first two). As I like changes, I will probably start maining R.O.B. from now on. Does anyone have ideas how I can improve my game? Or is someone willing to give me some online fights and give me a little feedback?

Thanks in Advance,

Wes.

BTW: I realised about 20 seconds after playing with MK that I hate that guy, so please don't come up with tips saying I should main him instead.
Firstly, your the coolest guy for not maining MK.
Secondly http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176 is the ROB forums, just go in there and read,learn,abosrb :)
Is there anyone around your area you can play offline? If not www.smashboards.com/ff should be you new best friend (sorry for the pun).
Welcome to SWF!

mutalisk332

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the boards.

Well, my advice would be to first pick up the basics. As a beginner myself, I found a lot of techniques on this forum that I wasn't aware existed before hand. I think there's a stickley in the tactics section explains briefly what they are and how one does them. Learn how to time dodges. How to short hop consistently. How to space air attacks. How to DI well (I'm still working on this one). This stuff will help your game dramatically, no matter who you chose to main.

The best resource I think you'll find on smashboards are the vido archives. Watch proesionals handle your favourite character. See what tactics/combos/techniques they use. Try to pick up some of what you see. And practice. Always practice.

Wesley`

Smash Rookie
Firstly, your the coolest guy for not maining MK.
Secondly http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176 is the ROB forums, just go in there and read,learn,abosrb
Is there anyone around your area you can play offline? If not www.smashboards.com/ff should be you new best friend (sorry for the pun).
Welcome to SWF!
Yeah I've got my brother but that's hardly any training, just a bit of rolling and hitting him from behind. Besides he can't give me feedback on what I do good or bad, which is why I'd like to play a more experienced player.

Welcome to the boards.

Well, my advice would be to first pick up the basics. As a beginner myself, I found a lot of techniques on this forum that I wasn't aware existed before hand. I think there's a stickley in the tactics section explains briefly what they are and how one does them. Learn how to time dodges. How to short hop consistently. How to space air attacks. How to DI well (I'm still working on this one). This stuff will help your game dramatically, no matter who you chose to main.

The best resource I think you'll find on smashboards are the vido archives. Watch proesionals handle your favourite character. See what tactics/combos/techniques they use. Try to pick up some of what you see. And practice. Always practice.
I did read through some pages stating those tactics and yes I am working on some. But how do you recommend to train them? Simply playing Classic a few times, play online, brawl vs computers, or just the solo training stuff?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The best training method is to just play the game! With real humans, that is.

But yeah, as the first reply said, there are threads everywhere that can help you out, and the Friend Finder can help you find an online match any time of the day. Welcome to the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom