• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Beta Build (GSH1) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
@sage yes.

@thesilenceofnonone yea, bummer. Is there any way you guys could fix this? where buffer will be allowed online?
Question: is the SSE jungle the only stage that was replaced?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Alright, thanks. I'll use it to get this when online buffer is fixed.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
The changes may be mostly subtle, but it makes a pretty big difference overall. It feels a lot less "easy mode" now. I have to say though, I think there still is a -tiny- bit too much shield stun still. I'm still finding that many moves, even when not spaced well, are pretty safe on shield.

Also are there plans to decrease the size of the ledge? It's still so easy to grab the ledge.

Other than those two things I really like the changed, particularly Falco's throws and Fox's shine (seems to knock down a lot more now?)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
hehe..my wii has fallen over 83 times so far (I've been counting) and it still works.

I would just get it sent in to be repaired.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
When do you guys think that the problem can be fixed? :)

I'm trying to play against a friend of mine and I'm not able to send him any files and I don't want to mess with making a gct again.

Rudra

Smash Ace
I just started playing with this set earlier today, and I must say that I love Falco's throws and Pit's UpB renewal. I only have one question though: I was fighting my friend's Sheik and I got CG'd by her Dthrow while using Falco...how do you escape it? Are you supposed to DI down+away or behind her?
:005:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
DI down and away + tech.

Cape has made it so that all down throws have lower angles and don't chaingrab. Or they shouldn't, at least.

Adm. Melonhead

Smash Rookie
Several inches below the surface of your skull
Personally, I find brawl+ very dissapointing. I could find no physical difference on any player except fox and co. There is no new content, and the sound is a little messed up. And frankly, it turned restricted camera back on and got rid of my textures.

How do I uninstall this crap?

Revven

FrankerZ
DI down and away + tech.
Wrong.

Up and in, all she can do is Bair.
Personally, I find brawl+ very dissapointing. I could find no physical difference on any player except fox and co. There is no new content, and the sound is a little messed up. And frankly, it turned restricted camera back on and got rid of my textures.

How do I uninstall this crap?
Sounds to me like you're missing the .GCT and if not that, you have the .GCT and you're missing the .PACs for a LOT of characters.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Working with giantpune on getting an updatifier for the nightly out, right now the updatifier only downloads the official set.

Also trying to figure out why exactly Online Buffer isn't working since I'm 100% sure I enabled them when I made the gct...but I'm going to try remaking it and see if it makes any difference.

Adm. Melonhead

Smash Rookie
Several inches below the surface of your skull
I don't think the textures were removed. My textures are still there, but alongside them is a fitchar.pac
Not even fitchar01.pac either. No numbers. And the RSBE01.gct was there, it asked me if I want to replace it. It must not contain a file replacement. I got it from the brawl+ website, so I doubt it was messed up in any way. I'm sure there are other differences too, but I just don't see them. Small, competitive changes don't make up for my losses. The only good coming out of it was the apps it gave me.

Unless anyone gets it, how do I uninstall.

Edit:

Gecko said something about there being too many lines of code. hmm...
At this point I don't think the chars are unupgraded, I just accept that I'm a *******. How do I get my textures and music back?

Edit:

And how do I get that sse stage?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Re-use the updater again, the GCT came out larger than when I last made it so I'm hoping I got Online Buffer working again

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Adam Melonhead guy, is your SD card an SDHC?

if so than the pacs won't work.

Brawl+ is awesome, get out hater >.>

VietGeek

Smash Hero
@Melonhead:

seems like gecko did not fully initialize the codes.

Also the fitchar.pac's (no #) are the character data files for B+. If you have effect textures then you'll lose them (unless you re-eject them into the B+ character files using BrawlBox).

It also seems like you don't care about Brawl+ to begin with. To uninstall, remove the .gct and all the non numbered fitchar.pacs, as well as the strap and sc_title.pac

and common3.pac

anything else I missed?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Seeing as how gameconfig comes with the autoupdater, and how the file replacement code for textures, stages, etc. comes with brawl+, it just looks like he's doing something wrong.

And looks like I might as well delete the updatifier. >_> I got that expecting that I could get the latest nightly. Ah well.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
you need a snapshot right?

i forget, do you put file patch on the .gct or inside the snapshot? o_O

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yup yup

i just made it.

try it before i go to sleep ~_~

so if it doesn't work i can fix it up or something

The Cape

Smash Master
While it seems most of the recent autosnap removals work fine, Lucario's Extremespeed shows some...unwanted behavior.

Sure, it snaps at the end of its animation, and it acts similar to Melee phantasms if it aims slightly above the ledge (it'll slide onto the stage).

However, something probably needs to be done to how the move detects running into a wall, since actually attempting to recover into a ledge mid-ES-animation causes Lucario to go into special fall.

Somewhat a large contrast to an once overly-safe recovery to now one that is sh*t, but that's why this is a beta. ^_^

* Posting it here for everyone else to see too.
Hilariously enough JCaesar was talking about this just tonight. Making it so that you can go into wall cling would be a good way to go or to make him grab from a face crash. However the recovery also ends basically instantly giving you no landing lag, the ability to AD or attack. So you need to direct your extremespeed away from a pending attack and you should be good to go on the recovery. Got some vids of it I can put up later to demonstrate, but I would not be against giving him wall cling out of upB more often or something of that nature.

Also, Wolf Fair is RC1 fair. Changelist fails V.V

Hm...I just noticed that footstool is no longer with up-taunt. (No wonder why I was failing every footstool... :laugh:) What was the reason for the reversal?
This was removed because some people prefer the jump and footstool on one button. Once we get the ability to allow both it will most likely be included.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Srsly ._. give Lucario his autosweetspot back

Its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo impossible to recover, it ends so often in suicides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom