• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl channel?

Remo_Mago

Smash Rookie
So,
i dont know if there's another thread on this som where in the forum, i've looked but i couldnt find any. so ill ask.
does any one know if nintendo is planning in doing a Brawl Channel?
If of you have or played Mario Kart Wii, you probably noticed that it has a very sophisticated multiplayer sistem. you have the option to download a MK channel that uppdates time trails gohst's etc. ...Wouldnt that be simply perfect for brawl? it could find people online that are willing to play and you could exchange information, chat and add the person as a friend, instead of just dwelling with an anonymous person like it is done in basic brawl (which is almost the same as fighting a cpu...but with lag).
So does anyone have any information or thoughts on this??
thankss

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Wow u think they would make a channel but nintendo doesnt support competitve play sakurai wanted to make brawl a more "party" like game hence the many date release changes at E3 or where ever the live demo was at there was a form of wavedash/land etc. so this will probably never happen and its been 9 months since the release and the mario kart channel came with it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
No. Nintendo never does more then they have to.
No ones going out to buy Brawl because they can get a Brawl channel, so there is not going be one.
Sales are all thats important to them.

lern2english

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Dude this is the best idea anyone has ever made in a long time...

Its possible .. very possible because the channel could be downloadable...

Oooooooo even though Sakurai said "he didnt want competitve play" we could prove to him that the Brawl people are fed up with Nintendo's crap in online with a petition....

I mean compare Mario Kart Wii's Online to Brawl ... Then think if everything you wanted in Mario Kart was in Brawl how much MORE the sales would go up and people would play it ?

You got something real nice here ;)

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Excel, petitions NEVER work with Nintendo. Most of the petitions sent to Nintendo are ignored, or are responded to with a generic e-mail response.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Excel, petitions NEVER work with Nintendo. Most of the petitions sent to Nintendo are ignored, or are responded to with a generic e-mail response.
Considering how Brawl is .. Nintendo's "Best game" at the moment .. They MAY consider it if we have enough people say they want a "hardcore game " for once instead of all the crap Nintendo has been feeding us with low ratings and the characters talking to US...

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Im TIRED of society these days giving up hope and always being negative...

Then people question why America is slowly declining in wealth....

Stop blaming other people and look at yourself.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
They won't consider it.
Its not going to happen.
Brawl can't have patches.
No DLC.

Get over it. =/

No ones being negative, they're being realistic and truthful.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Noone Mentioned Patches....He mentioned a friend finder...and leader board..
So,If of you have or played Mario Kart Wii, you probably noticed that it has a very sophisticated multiplayer sistem. you have the option to download a MK channel that uppdates time trails gohst's etc. ...Wouldnt that be simply perfect for brawl?
Thats what we'd like to call a patch my friend.

Not possible.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
An updated (as in a new disc) version of Brawl that has a Channel of it's own would be neat. It should also add Krystal, Ridley, K.Rool, Megaman, Geno, an AC rep, Tails, Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario as playable characters for it. But since Sakurai doesn't like people demanding sequels and just adding more characters, the chances are very slim.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Mario Kart Wii has names, tournaments, records, different ways to play online (with anyone).......

Brawl has none of that, if there was a Brawl channel, it would be really small......

Ange

Smash Lord
An updated (as in a new disc) version of Brawl that has a Channel of it's own would be neat. It should also add Krystal, Ridley, K.Rool, Megaman, Geno, an AC rep, Tails, Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario as playable characters for it. But since Sakurai doesn't like people demanding sequels and just adding more characters, the chances are very slim.
Wouldn't that just be the same as adding a downloadable Brawl Channel?
That idea of doing a new updated version of Brawl would be like making Bowser a playable character in Super Mario Galaxy, it just wont happend. As far as I know, there has never really been a complete updated version of any game (Im probably wrong), but the whole "adding new characters for an updated version of Brawl" sounds very unrealistic.
It would require almost a complete change in the SSE storyline, and the character roster would probably be so huge that fighting them all in All-star mode would take an hour.

It would be a complete new game, so this idea rather fits with SSB4 then updating an already existing game.

I personally think the whole Brawl Channel is a good idea, but to be honest, it will probably never see the day. :/

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Dude this is the best idea anyone has ever made in a long time...

Its possible .. very possible because the channel could be downloadable...

Oooooooo even though Sakurai said "he didnt want competitve play" we could prove to him that the Brawl people are fed up with Nintendo's crap in online with a petition....

I mean compare Mario Kart Wii's Online to Brawl ... Then think if everything you wanted in Mario Kart was in Brawl how much MORE the sales would go up and people would play it ?

You got something real nice here ;)
Sakurai said that? Where is that documented? I always knew that Brawl was not ment to be competitive, but it was actually said?

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Not going to happen as far as characters go, that'd take too much time and effort. Nice wishful thinking, but not realistic in terms of how a production of a game actually works. /pat

As for you OP, you should bring your thoughts to the SSB4 discussion thread. It probably wont happen for brawl. But it never hurts to voice your option.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Sakurai said that? Where is that documented? I always knew that Brawl was not ment to be competitive, but it was actually said?
Everyone knows that Sakurai said **** You to the competitives.
It's just something you know.
I'm pretty sure that it's documented somewhere that he wanted a game where a newbie could beat an advanced player...

Master Meta

Smash Rookie
That channel is kinda like, umm, here! This is that supposed channel. We can do all wat u said right here! I know, its really stupid isn't it? Dumb *** Nintendo...

Brawl online sucks big ballucstrius balls!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Everyone knows that Sakurai said **** You to the competitives.
It's just something you know.
I'm pretty sure that it's documented somewhere that he wanted a game where a newbie could beat an advanced player...
Yeah he said something like "If one player is constantly beating another player, it will make the loser feel bad. I don't want people to feel bad when they play games."

Wtf... it's a fact of life that some people are better than others at something, what is this politically correct world we live in? -__-

Raimu

Smash Cadet

FIRST OFF. We will NEVER see Megaman or Geno. They're both 3rd party. Yes, Geno is square, not Nintendo. We're not gonna get Tails either.

People need to realize that Sonic and Snake were kinda a one-time thing, and they were in it for one reason only, not to make the game more enjoyable, they were in it to SELL COPIES. And it worked, I know people who have bought the game only because Snake is in it. Only hardcore fans would actually give a crap if Tails, Geno or Megaman were in it, and those fans would buy brawl anyway, so Nintendo is not going to give us those characters. Besides, those characters wouldn't add any new value to brawl, think of how they'd play, pretty much the same as other characters we already have.

Anyway, BoT, we have what we have, this game is OLD now. Nothing new is going to come out for it. People could say we need to stay positive, but, you wouldn't bet money on you, would it? Because I could make a mint off all you optimists out there. Common, 5 bucks on the brawl channel every being made, takers?

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
you mean like SWF's friendfinder or allisbrawl.com's ladder/free play live chat system?

>__>

the internet solved most of this stuff a long time ago lol.
Not many people know about smash boards or allisbrawl...

I had about NINE really decent players in my community that did not know about it....And wouldn't it be nicer if we did not have to go on our computer just to play with someone GOOD on brawl?

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Yeah bro he said it.. Along with no mic because of a risk of it not being safe...

Just another tally for us to kill him.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
If Nintendo ever decides to man up and make something like this (it won't), there must be downloadable music.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
i've thought about a brawl channel since i saw mario karts channel. i think it would be an awesome idea, and wouldn't take nintendo much to create and distribute. but realize one thing, if they do that, it will most likely require a system update and stop homebrew (at least for a while). so do you update and lose homebrew for a brawl channel? or deal with the mediocre (and i am being nice with that adjective) online and have your hacks?

ill say bye to homebrew for better online.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
There should be a Brawl channel... Brawl was popular and huge before it was even released. It was popular before the thought of the game was even thought up by Nintendo. There should definitely be a Brawl channel. I don't see why Mario Kart would get one, but not Brawl. I mean, Brawl is probably the largest selling Nintendo game... I don't see why it doesn't have its own channel yet.

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
If they made a Brawl channel, It would suck without rankings...........
They could even make their own tier lists out of online wins this way......

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
i've thought about a brawl channel since i saw mario karts channel. i think it would be an awesome idea, and wouldn't take nintendo much to create and distribute. but realize one thing, if they do that, it will most likely require a system update and stop homebrew (at least for a while). so do you update and lose homebrew for a brawl channel? or deal with the mediocre (and i am being nice with that adjective) online and have your hacks?

ill say bye to homebrew for better online.
umm there are ways to download without disrupting homebrew. I know people who download vc games with the wiishop 3.4 update on a standard 3.3 update. That wouldn't be much of a problem. And, most people don't really know about homebrew, or, are way too scared to brick their wii s for it.

I'm actually kinda surprised you brought this one up, no offense, but its kinda irrelevant...

A brawl channel would be actually possible on the wii, just like "homebrew". Its fairly easy to re-patch content. Memory wouldn't be much as a problem either, if anything, uploading characters from a SD card should be more than enough if any, just like how Rock band 2 and Guitar Hero has DLC for music and such for the wii "saved onto an SD".

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
the link i sent was how there putting smash 64 on the virtual console, if this is true then all of nintendo's attention would be put into making that retro classic work before trying to repatch or update brawl, that is if they plan to do so.

if they make smash 64 online without lag, i think they could find a solution to the problems we're still having now.

again i could be wrong.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
perhaps I'm off topic?

anyway what sort of thing would we have in a brawl channel? ranking and friend codes? how about an actual website we can access to see all replay clips and save them? the replays could be temporarily saved and then view and downloaded via a PC sorta like youtube videos?

Dark Mew

Smash Cadet
I could see Ranking in the Brawl Channel, and maybe a larger storage for FC's. And there could be a feature where you could see all of the Replays and Snapshots through downloads. A Brawl Channel would change everything.

Top Bottom