• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Character Power Rankings [Need Panelists]

5ive

Smash Champion
That's right. Valuno and I thought this would be a great idea to bring rivalry to each area, and also help improve ourselves to strive for the best. We will be listing the best players for each character based on public debate, tournament placings, significant wins, and panelist decisions.

So far, we have a very, VERY vague outline on what we want to do. Before we start ranking ANYTHING, we need panelists.

1. We need 2 panelists from every major region (with the exception of Tristate. There will be 3 representatives)
2. You may only nominate 2 per region. (with the exception of Tristate. You may nominate a maximum of 3 representatives)
4. You must try to nominate at least one person from every region. If you aren't familiar with the region, do not nominate a panelist. Stay away from uninformed decisions.
5. Include a short explanation as to why the nominee is fit to be a panelist. This is optional; it helps though.
6. You may not nominate yourself.

*Tristate (3 panelists being accepted)
*MD/VA
*Toronto
*Montréal
*TX
*WC
*TN
*Georgia

When we have our panelists, discussions for each character will begin. Everyone can nominate and debate, but decisions will ultimately be made by the panelists. Top 3-5 players for each character will be ranked based on the popularity of the character. Changes may be made when there is a drop/improvement in tournament placing, significant wins, and real life challenge matches.

We won't be discussing characters until after BtL2, so we have plenty of time to get some panelists.

(hope this works)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Explain exactly how this works, or more specific, what exactly is it? Me being slow in the head and all. D:

EDIT: "no I mean that PA is part of tristate along with NY and NJ"

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Why can't you choose a player from your own region?

Those are the players you should have the most experience with =\

GuruKid

Smash Ace
PA is part of the Tristate region.

Looks alright, although it's illogical that we can't nominate for our own region. Who would have better knowledge qualified players from a certain region than players from that very region? Because outside players generally wouldn't.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Er... no? If someone only feels comfortable with nominating players for their own region then they shouldn't have to nominate for others. Doing so just causes more uninformed decisions being added to the pile.

iLink

Smash Champion
How are the panelists selected?

Do we apply or... are they selected by someone?

5ive

Smash Champion
The public nominates them, then I will probably get WBR members to count the nominations.

1. We need 2 panelists from every major region (with the exception of Tristate. There will be 3 representatives)
2. You may only nominate 2 per region. (with the exception of Tristate. You may nominate a maximum of 3 representatives)
4. You must try to nominate at least one person from every region. If you aren't familiar with the region, do not nominate a panelist. Stay away from uninformed decisions.
5. Include a short explanation as to why the nominee is fit to be a panelist. This is optional; it helps though.
6. You may not nominate yourself.

Just let everyone know you're WC.

iLink

Smash Champion
Ah alright then I wouldn't mind being a WC panelist. Although I have to say, activity here is rather lacking.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Ff****. How am I, or anyone in Vegas for that matter, gonna get on the Power Rankings if not many people play, besides a group of friends? SK92 and all the other good vBrawlers in Vegas play vBrawl, rrraaagggeee.

Any ideas? I'd LOVE to host a **** tourney, but that doesn't seem to be as easy as I'd hope it'd be. =[

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
Tristate- Chibo, Gurukid, Yes!
MD/VA- JCaesar, Vist
Toronto- Eugene, 5ive
Montreal- Holy
TX- GHNeko
WC- iLink, Jiang
TN- KOKingpin?
Georgia- Zeon and VietGeek

jokey665

Smash Ace
TBH I think Ohio should be considered, as I'm fairly certain I've noticed a lot of Ohioans active on these boards and I'm pretty sure there are a few in the WBR.

5ive

Smash Champion
Don't worry. The regions aren't set in stone, and if we are indeed missing some regions, we'll just announce that we're taking panelists from that region.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
The main people from TN who actively post are Me, Chad(he used to live in memphis but now lives in South Haven MS which is basically memphis in MS) Bob-e, And possibly Milln. Your Best bet for our Panelist would Be myself (if we need two people Either Bob-e or Chad. Id say go with Chad if he wanted to be in on that)

Also I think Lord_Rayku would be great as a panelist for GA

Top Bottom