• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+: Citius Altius Fortius

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6207

Currently scheduled for the 26th of June.

Location: 2321 Aralia St, Newport Beach, 92660, California, United States

You do not have to be in the tourney to come to this event, nor do you have to have Brawl+. If you just want to play friendlies and check out what the game is like, please feel free. The more the merrier! Bring your friends! If it has to, this event will spill into the front yard and I am sure I can get some setups there, despite the possible glare of the sun, but I doubt that the turnout will be that huge (sadly). I will have AT LEAST one setup for constant friendlies. More friendly setups are determined by how many people bring setups.

As always, bring your own controller, and your stuff is your responsibility!

TIME

11:30 AM: Event starts, friendlies, setting up (please try to bring Wiis and TVs BEFORE 1PM!)

1:00 PM: Doubles sign-up begin, doubles will follow immediately after. I'm sure you can easily find a partner at the tournament if not beforehand. Singles sign-ups will start after doubles and then singles will begin.

10:30 PM: Everyone must be gone/in the process of leaving by this time. No exceptions.

COST/PRIZES/BRACKETS

Since Brawl+ has not caught on significantly in California, I want to make this cheap and more for fun and enjoyment. There is no venue fee!

Doubles: $5 to enter per team.

Singles: $5 to enter per person.

I will be participating because I also want t have fun, and I WILL pay to join my own tournament.

Prizes:
1st place - 60% of pot
2nd place - 30% of pot
3rd place - 10% of pot

Double elimination of course. I am going to try something different for brackets. I will have a large piece of poster paper/a whiteboard (if I have one lying around) with the brackets written on it. When the match finish, if I am not there to record it please write the result YOURSELF. If you won, write your name in the next bracket, and if you lost write it in the loser's bracket (there will be a guide for where people are sent to the loser's bracket next to the actual brackets). Yes, it may sound odd, but I think it may be very convenient.

NEED SETUPS!

I have at least 3 TVs that will be available, but only ONE Wii. Therefore, I REQUIRE people to bring in hacked Wiis. You do not need an SD card or Brawl+, as I can simply insert my own SD card and load Brawl+ that way, but your Wii needs to be hacked and have the Homebrew Channel!

Bring TVs as well, but unless there is a Wii to go with it, or it is better quality than the TVs I provide (very likely), some may be unnecessary.

If you bring a Wii or a TV that get's used, you get a free soda! Bring two Wiis and get two sodas! Wish I could give you guys an actual discount, but the pot won't be grand, so we need as much in there as possible.

I want AT LEAST one setup to be a friendly zone throughout the entire tournament, but to do this I require at the very least 4 setups to have the tournament run smoothly(depending on how many people come). So please please, bring your hacked Wiis people!

PLEASE tell me if you are bringing a Wii/TV, and how many, so I can know in advance!:

Wii:

TV:

VENUE INFO
Please DO NOT GO INTO THE HOUSE! There is a bathroom accessible from the left side of the house, and this should be the only reason for anyone to enter. As always, please respect the property, throw away your trash, don't steal or damage anything, DO NOT STEP ON THE PLANTS/FLOWERS!

NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL!! If you have to smoke, please step outside the garage/front yard and do it on the sidewalk.

SODAS AND WATER WILL BE SOLD! Unsure about food as of now. I am going to be participating in the tourney as well, so if you want to buy something just find me and tell me.

PLEASE help spread awareness about this!

RULES

The codeset used will be the LATEST Nightly Build from two days ago and on. That means if there just so happens to be an update the day before the tournament, we will sadly have to skip it. If you DO NOT have this on your SD card, PLEASE tell me, and I will use my SD card to boot Brawl+ on that Wii.

-4 Stock, 8:00 minutes, no items (obviously)-

-Matches will be best 3/5, Grand Finals, Winner's Finals, and Loser's Finals will be best 4/7. If a competitor in the Grand Finals previously lost in the Winner's Finals, he has to win two sets of 4/7 to be the victor.

-The first stage will be picked via Random (have only neutrals on). No resets, no crying, man up!

-Each player is allowed to ban ONE stage before the set starts.

- The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the following matches.

-No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again.

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Luigi's Mansion
PKMN Stadium 2
Training Stage (New Pork City)
Wario Ware

Counter-Picks:
PKMN Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Pictochat

-Any other CP must be agreed upon by both players.

-MetaKnight's Infinite Cape Technique is banned. Excessive stalling is banned and you risk a chance of getting kicked in the nuts.

-Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

-If the match ends in a suicide attack, the player who initiated the move wins even if the game thinks otherwise. If you spit out the opponent (with D3 or Kirby) right beforehand and end up dying first, you of course, still loose. It should be simple to tell, but if for some reason there's a disagreement replays are infinite, so waste everyone's time and check.

-For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
So is this the official topic for the tournament or the other one? Either way, I'm definitely interested in going and can bring a pal or two along. Just gotta check if they're free on that day too.

Also if I show up, I can easily bring my Wii with Brawl+ on it + 4 controllers. If I can't I'll give notice.

If I'm right, in the other topic you said you wanted to use the 5/22 nightly build right? I'm almost certain they'll have released another one before the week of the tourney, so wouldn't it be better to just say: "We'll use whatever build was last released from 2 weeks before the date of the tourney"? 2 weeks is plenty of time to get everyone caught up on a new build.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
This is the official thread, the other one was just to see if anyone at all was interested, all the rules and details are explained in this one.

4 controllers is not necessary, as it is a staple for each person to have their own (unless they are for your pals).

I would rather use the latest codeset available in the nightly build because it helps give more feedback to the + community about it. Usually they are only updated once every week anyway so it's not like there will be no time to "train", and the changes are never drastic enough to the point where you would have won with the previous codeset and lost with the new one.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Oh I know it's not necessary, but I may as well seeing as Smash is pretty much the only reason I have 4 controllers to begin with. Besides, you just know -someone- is going to forget their gear so I can help with that.

I suppose you're right about the codeset changes, I'm just worried that something like what happened with Link (Complete moveset tinkering) will happen before the tourney. Ah well, guess we'll just see what happens eh?

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Oh I know it's not necessary, but I may as well seeing as Smash is pretty much the only reason I have 4 controllers to begin with. Besides, you just know -someone- is going to forget their gear so I can help with that.

I suppose you're right about the codeset changes, I'm just worried that something like what happened with Link (Complete moveset tinkering) will happen before the tourney. Ah well, guess we'll just see what happens eh?
If it is in fact a major rework then I will think about it, but let's just hope it doesn't happen.

I really wish there were more people, hopefully they will show up as the date approaches.

If you guys know of any other + players in the area, helping spread the word would be so awesome.

I got 3 hacked Wiis and TVs now, good start at least.

Also, if anyone is able to bring a TV that's actually LARGE, speak up. That's a huge thing to mention, everyone prefers larger TVs over smaller ones, and I only have 2 large ones, and one of those isn't the best quality.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
$5 per team? thats a tiny *** doubles pot
You think people would join for $10?

Also, it's not like many people play doubles and I doubt any have set partners for +, so I doubt the matches would be amazing. Thinking along the lines of just making it for fun rather profit, but if enough people support a $10 entry price I can raise it.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Well, I am NOT canceling this thing, but really, unless we get more people it will be a super small tourney where I hope people at least stay a while for money matches and friendlies.

So unless you want it t be just a fun little session of playing a game where it's often hard to fight other people in person due to the lack of interest on the West Coast, we need more people to attend this thing.

Quite honestly, as long as I play with others I will be satisfied.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
One question, what if people who lost lie and write their name in the winner's bracket?

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
One question, what if people who lost lie and write their name in the winner's bracket?
Same thing if the loser comes up to the front and say they won at any other tourney I assume. Both people have to check to see where they go next on the bracket anyway, let's just hope no jack*** chooses to lie. Besides, this thing is going to be small, I am sure it won't happen.

Have to go put this thing into tourney listings as well, forgot to.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Last day guys. We need more last minute people! Unless 10 people join, 3rd place won't even break even XD! That's where money matches earn you a profit or make you loose it all.

Top Bottom