• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

Almas

Smash Lord
I GON DARN IT GOOD, BOIZ.

Ahem.

04641520 XXXXXXXX
04641524 YYYYYYYY

Setting both to equal works in the same way as a gravity modifier (but skims a few lines). Otherwise, X->"upwards gravity", Y->"downwards gravity". Did you say you found some kind of variable that stores sideways movement?

zxeon

Smash Lord

Ahem.

04641520 XXXXXXXX
04641524 YYYYYYYY

Setting both to equal works in the same way as a gravity modifier (but skims a few lines). Otherwise, X->"upwards gravity", Y->"downwards gravity". Did you say you found some kind of variable that stores sideways movement?
Hallelujah!

... Can you hook me up with some floating point numbers?

maticMan94

Smash Cadet

Ahem.

04641520 XXXXXXXX
04641524 YYYYYYYY

Great job! Knew someone would get it sooner or later.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
That's awesome. Do you know what's the starting floating point value?

Almas

Smash Lord
Favourite Me!

I think upwards gravity should be slightly increased:
1.05: 3F866666
1.10: 3F8CCCCD
1.15: 3F933333

Downwards gravity merits a larger boost:
1.25: 3FA00000
1.30: 3FA66666
1.35: 3FACCCCD

What I'm interested in is a code that will decrease horizontal motion across the board. Reducing the effects of DI (I'm not certain if it'd impact on SDI) would likely increase the effectiveness of 'interesting' combos, whilst doing little for 'boring' combos (e.g utilt). If upwards gravity and horizontal 'friction' are kept in equal proportions, then complaints about rates at which people die can be fixed with the player-specific knockback modifiers (or a smack to the face).

EDIT: Yes, the default is 3F800000. A fall speed of 1.5 (3FC00000) feels about the same as a melee fastfall oO.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I don't have time right now, but maybe later tonight or tomorrow I'll try to do a comprehensive study of up and down values and their effects on game pace, recoveries, and auto canceled moves.

Almas

Smash Lord
Who's fastfall are you speaking of exactly.. Many variances in fast fall speeds there are.
I was playing with Fox at the time. That said, it's kinda hard to compare the two unless you have them side by side. So don't take my word as truth.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I've been using 10% hitstun with the original gravity code set to 1.175 for some time now and it's pretty good, in my opinion.

Once we find a couple of good up/down ratios to playtest, we can adjust the hitstun accordingly.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
At x1.5 fall speed 11.5% hitstun is too much.
Find the hitstun and falling speed levels you think fit the best. Obviously some people are going to have different opinions on which combinations to use. I cannot try them out yet unfortunately.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I don't have time right now, but maybe later tonight or tomorrow I'll try to do a comprehensive study of up and down values and their effects on game pace, recoveries, and auto canceled moves.
I shall do the same if time permits. Exciting stuff, guys! :psycho:

@Almas
Decreasing horizontal motion across the board (assuming you mean air speed) would put an awkwardly slow spin on the air game, don't you think? You'd either want to reduce DI, reduce knockback, or increase horizontal momentum to get the desired effect.

I like the strong DI that Brawl sports, and I think it should stay because "interesting combos" are partially interesting because they must respond to DI to get epic.

Reducing knock back would indeed buff combos, but it would offset earlier KO's as well. I think the net effect would be the same, unless ken/offstage combos become much better as a result. It would be interesting if you could reduce knock back on a curve, so that the decreasing effect slowly moves back to normal knock back at high percents.

Increasing jump momentum would have the dual effect of speeding up the game and also buffing combos, which is why it's the popular suggestion.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Lol, did Fox always die from a Fsmash tipper from Marth at the edge of Final Destination at 60%?

One thing the fall speed code does is make launched enemies take a more horizontal tajectory when hit resulting in a sooner death.

Almas

Smash Lord
The codes can be used separately. The first line affects 'upwards gravity' - that is, the height at which you jump and how far an upwards-sending move will actually send you. A higher value results in a higher gravity and thus a lower height.

The second line affects 'downwards gravity' - this is how fast you fall, or how powerful any downwards-sending moves (such as spikes and footstools) will be on you.

To iterate: the first line ONLY HAS EFFECT when something makes you GO UP. The second line ONLY HAS EFFECT when something makes you GO DOWN.

EDIT: I'd have to experience the adding momentum from motion into jumps before fully supporting it. I really do want a way to get rid of those godawful utilt combos though.

I don't suppose anyone is aware of a move that sends players at a completely horizontal angle (much like Jiggs' rest sends people straight upwards if un-DIed). I suppose the closest is something like Fox' shine, which sends people recoiling across the floor.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
if there room left, how about the code fix the comet shots (IE Ganon's dair, Samus' dair, etc.)? There is reason why comet and spikes were different in melee, however there work exactly the same in brawl

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
i believe that if we can can modify the fail down just right, the game will up to par with melee. Fall down speed is the only thing that is making brawl feel slow

zxeon

Smash Lord
I've been testing at x1.5 fall speed and it lets link combo pretty well against spacies it's kind of like Melee. I think x1.5 might be too much but pretty close to what we might want.

Revven

FrankerZ
Really? I want to see some vids on this before I test it out because I might actually give this a chance...
It's still beta though as there are some glitches with it and Olimar crashes the game. There aren't any videos of it though unfortunately. (As far as I'm aware).

Starscream

Smash Ace
i believe that if we can can modify the fail down just right, the game will up to par with melee. Fall down speed is the only thing that is making brawl feel slow
Characters in Brawl are just slower than they once were, a prime example being Captain Falcon.

A speed modifier that just slightly speeds only characters up would be great. There's a speed modifier out already but I think it speeds everything up like in training mode. I've tried it at 1.1x speed and it's pretty awesome, glitches in the code aside.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
It's still beta though as there are some glitches with it and Olimar crashes the game. There aren't any videos of it though unfortunately. (As far as I'm aware).
Any leads to why he does it? =S sounds pretty weird... Anyway what does the + community feel about the code?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Now we need is shield stun, dash dance, jumping momentum, and an improved character speed code and we've pretty much got everything BrawL+ needs to be a good game.
Brawl+ will never be complete until the Perfect Shield timing is tweaked.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I don't suppose anyone is aware of a move that sends players at a completely horizontal angle (much like Jiggs' rest sends people straight upwards if un-DIed). I suppose the closest is something like Fox' shine, which sends people recoiling across the floor.
The closest thing I know of is ganon's ftilt, which knocks them up at about a 10 degree angle (no it does not knock them downward or completely flat - that's all the effect of gravity).

Anyway, guys, there is no way we can use a really high falling gravity. I could've told you this when I saw the codes, but brawl does not consider you "rising" when you're in knockback. Rising gravity is only used for jumps and upBs. Falling gravity is used for knockback and... everything else.

Even though only increasing falling grav will not nerf recoveries, it still isn't the perfect solution, due to upward kills getting vastly affected. I tried to see how much I could increase the upward gravity and not interfere with stuff, but that's looking like it won't be practical. Increasing the upward gravity even to 1.02 (I haven't tried lower) will cause ganon's dair to no longer AC with only 1.1 downward grav. So basically, in increasing the downward grav, we need to decide exactly how much we actually care about upward kills, which this will nerf.

Has anyone toyed around with Sonic in Brawl+?
Sonic is good in brawl+. Hitstun really helps him out.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Has anyone toyed around with Sonic in Brawl+?
Sonic is awesome in brawl+

His fair and uair combo very fluidly into each other, he can combo into bair and dair (sweetspot too) to set up easier kills, his d-throw is amazing for tech chasing, his upthrow combos into a lot of stuff, up B springs combo into dair at moderate percentages (if you do the dair immediately, but it's okay since it only has half lag), unsweetspotted dairs combo into uairs and at higher percentages combos directly into spring-> uair.

I dare say that Sonic is borderline top tier material in brawl+

zxeon

Smash Lord
The closest thing I know of is ganon's ftilt, which knocks them up at about a 10 degree angle (no it does not knock them downward or completely flat - that's all the effect of gravity).

Anyway, guys, there is no way we can use a really high falling gravity. I could've told you this when I saw the codes, but brawl does not consider you "rising" when you're in knockback. Rising gravity is only used for jumps and upBs. Falling gravity is used for knockback and... everything else.

Even though only increasing falling grav will not nerf recoveries, it still isn't the perfect solution, due to upward kills getting vastly affected. I tried to see how much I could increase the upward gravity and not interfere with stuff, but that's looking like it won't be practical. Increasing the upward gravity even to 1.02 (I haven't tried lower) will cause ganon's dair to no longer AC with only 1.1 downward grav. So basically, in increasing the downward grav, we need to decide exactly how much we actually care about upward kills, which this will nerf.

Sonic is good in brawl+. Hitstun really helps him out.
Oops, lol I didn't have the code on. Upon further research I found that for Fox to K.O. Fox off the top of Final destination regularly it's around 82% but at x1.5 falling gravity its around 95%. In my opinion that's not that bad of a nerf and I don't think we'll be using x1.5 it's a little much. Hey, atleast it doesn't mess with actual upward momentum.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Sonic is awesome in brawl+

His fair and uair combo very fluidly into each other, he can combo into bair and dair (sweetspot too) to set up easier kills, his d-throw is amazing for tech chasing, his upthrow combos into a lot of stuff, up B springs combo into dair at moderate percentages (if you do the dair immediately, but it's okay since it only has half lag), unsweetspotted dairs combo into uairs and at higher percentages combos directly into spring-> uair.

I dare say that Sonic is borderline top tier material in brawl+
*Drools*

Shame no one has recorded anything...

Top Bottom