• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Competitive Videos - NEW Wifi Wars Brawl Tournament Videos! (2-11-08)

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I wish I could travel all the way to Texas, but can't. :( Am I the only one who wishes to see Olimar? Does EVERYONE think he'll suck, but me?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Why is it that I abosolutely cannot get the links to work? Do I have to download something? Everytime I click either link the page goes blank.

xilez

Smash Apprentice
Its probably because there is a huge amount of poeple trying to watch these videos, slowing down the bandwidth

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

I spent all last night playing the new copy of JP Brawl that came in. I wrote up some impressions and posted them over at WifiWars.com . Keep in mind that I am a competitive player so when I talk it is in terms of competition and not just brawling for fun.

Let me know what you think!: http://www.wifiwars.com/node/73

By the way, I will be posting some videos between me and some other competitive players tonight. Subscribe to the thread to watch for the updates!

Huge UPDATE!
I redid the entire impressions page along with my character impressions. Anyone who has read it so far should re-read to see my updated feelings. I also added new characters such as Wolf and Toon Link. Impressions page: http://www.wifiwars.com/node/73

Also, I added a TON (about 14) of new very nice quality videos. The quality on these is much better than the previous ones. Here is the video page: http://www.wifiwars.com/?q=node/75

So far, the ones that are finished uploading are:
Match 1 - Ike(LeeHarris) vs Lucario(Marcus)
Match 2 - Falcon(LeeHarris) vs Wolf(Tony)
Match 5 - Snake(LeeHarris) vs Pit(Marcus)
Match 6 - Snake(Tony) vs Diddy(Marcus)
Match 7 - Link(LeeHarris) vs Lucas(Tony)
Match 8 - Metaknight(LeeHarris) vs PT(Marcus)

The rest of the videos are in the progress of uploading to the server. The uploads will take a max of about an hour. They should finish around 10:45 am central time.

**VIDEO #2 ADDED**

Here is the video list: http://www.wifiwars.com/?q=node/75

I will upload the rest as they are done encoding/uploading!

**UPDATE4**

I am going to go play some more and record videos. I will be posting the videos here soon!

**UPDATE3**

As many of you know we at Wifi Wars are starting an online Smash League. Our registration for the league will be opening any day now, so if you want to reserve your name create an account on Wifiwars.com. We also have a thriving community of competitive Smash, Pokemon, MK, Strikers, etc players.

Here is the link to register: http://www.wifiwars.com/user/register

**UPDATE2**

Another big thing I forgot to add! Whenever you do a shorthopped aerial your momentum moving sideways drops to practically zero, especially if you are doing a nair. It is not like Melee where you keep moving after a shorthop. This makes the aerial game MUCH different than Melee.

**UPDATE**

Our copy is located at the D-Pad, a LAN center in New Braunfels, TX (between Austin and San Antonio). It is there during open hours and you can play. If you live in the south you should drive over and play! www.thedpadonline.com

Since their site seems to be getting hammered here is the address in case you want to play:

830 643 0440
1024 San Antonio Street
New Braunfels, TX 78130
I wish i had a chance to test the game out. The more that i hear about it the longer it seems i have to wait :'(

-Knux-

Smash Ace
LeeHarris, is there anything that you can think of that might be causing it to not load for me? I can't view the impressions page or the video compilation page.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Sorry guys our servers are taking a massive load right now. We just got moved onto a shared SQL server from a dedicated to resolve some crashing issues we had. Being a shared server, it can't handle the load like our dedicated web server can. Just keep trying and it should come up eventually.

I will look into getting our stuff running faster!

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Also some peach goodness with lots of float canceling would be awesome. It seems spiking someone trying to recover is a bit hard to do. Also if you get a chance could you try out the air block technique and the footstool spike(this might be the best option to spike).

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
You wrote that sheik got nerved. But what about Zelda? Please, don't be bottom tier again!

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Lee,

I have a very very important question...

Does Luigi still have his pink costume? That's the one and only thing I still want to know about this game.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Aww that sucks. I hope spiking is still a viable option. It seems edge guarding got a huge nerf. Also combos in general seem to be gone or very very hard to do.

chaos971

Smash Rookie
Nice. You're doing a great thing here man. Can't say many others would do it. For me the vids cut off ever 3 seconds, and go back to the beginning. Really interested in the Gandondorf/Bowser vid to see if Ganon is on the same weight level as Bowser. But again, you are doing a great job.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Nice. You're doing a great thing here man. Can't say many others would do it. For me the vids cut off ever 3 seconds, and go back to the beginning. Really interested in the Gandondorf/Bowser vid to see if Ganon is on the same weight level as Bowser. But again, you are doing a great job.
After watching it, Ganon seems a little heavier than beez. He's got a hard time setting up attacks, though.

chaos971

Smash Rookie
He's heavier than Bowser O_o? Nice. Thanks for that info, very appreciated. Just glad he stayed true to his SSBM roots.

chaos971

Smash Rookie
Well that would seem to fit in with him being heavier. Dammit I want to watch that vid. Hopefully his power actually makes up for his lack of l-cancel.

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, even when i get to the webpage, I can't view the videos. Do you have any thoughts why? cause I really want to see these videos.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I'm really worried about Snake... He looks sooo awkward to use in those videos. Please tell me more about him.

Does speed matter as much as it did in melee?

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
It's not connecting. There seems to be a database error.
The site had its bandwidth DESTROYED by all of us watching the Brawl videos. :laugh:

LeeHarris said he's currently working on getting them to Youtube. Quality will be worse but we'll still be able to watch them.

honestluigi

Smash Rookie
Can you please tell me your impression of Wario! I want to know is he strong and will he be a good character to use! I haven't seen any info on him at all and i just registered to smash boards a few minutes ago to ask you what hes like, such is my desperation! Overall-is he strong?!

mSlacker08

Smash Rookie
anything about Yoshi? havent exactly looked through all the pages, but theres like 15 or something. also, there wouldnt happen to be the black one would there?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Voltage differences? The US and Japan use the same voltage, which is another reason why DSs are so often imported for their other colors. Other than the lack of warranty there's no drawback at all.
japanese voltage is 100V and 50hz east japan, 60hz west japan. Our voltage is 120V 60hz. If you look at your DS charger, it'll say 100-120V or so, followed by 50hz/60hz meaning it works in both countries. The wii on the other hand, is only 120V here, and 100V in japan. So here you have to use something for it to not get damaged from the voltage difference, and that's what i was asking the op

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Is ganondorf playable? I heard he has lots of lag... but can u still beat someone with him? and does he have super/heavy armor in any moves? thanks in advance!

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
I heard that Marth's recovery got nerfed. Is this true? I'm kind of worried about what I hear of Marth - I was hoping he would be weakened in Brawl, though not to a Kirby level. Also, is edgeguarding as nerfed now as a couple of people have said?

Soyl

Smash Cadet
Something important that I haven't seen talked about:

Can you turn around to do a neutral B in the air??

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Marth's recovery still seems good to me, thanks to the new floatier jumps and auto-sweet spotting. He can't repeatedly use his Side B to gain horizontal distance anymore, but he can use it once to push forward. Also, his Neutral B now pushes him forward in the air as well so you could probably make that work for horizontal movement.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the infos....btw can u confirm all of the positive things tha gimpy said about mario..??

Top Bottom