• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Competitive Videos - NEW Wifi Wars Brawl Tournament Videos! (2-11-08)

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Congestion hopefully fixed!
2 Marth - Pit Videos added
Toon Link - R.O.B. Video Added (by popular request!)
Olimar - Yoshia Video Added

If you guys want to help with the load, click our ads on the site. Like I was saying before, we got moved temporarily to a shared SQL server while our VPS was being fixed. I am trying to get a new one ASAP.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
This is super important.

Can you tech in this game?

I'm not joking at all.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yup I've seen some of the players do it in the vids, it's very scarce though, I'm not sure if it's harder timing now or they're just screwing up.

LordMofop108

Smash Rookie
Hey, could you confirm to me if Kirby really got buffed from Melee? I heard he's more like he was in 64, but I haven't gotten anyone who has played this game to confirm this.

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
Nice vids and your lucky to be playing brawl alrdy
So you dont think FSs will be in AT ALL? thats really dissapointing to hear. I know theres AI or something in the smash ball if your winning or something its harder to kill but i guess thats unfair, still wish FS would be in a big part of the game gone :(

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Teching is definitely still in. It actually seems easier to do now. One thing I noticed is that it seems like the up tech goes almost straight sideways instead of far up and to the side now.

Check out the new videos!

Click our ads! (please :'()

Chepe

Smash Lord
Have you still not seen my request LeeHarris, or do you refuse to try? Please, I really want to know the results of my request from someone with the final product:

Pick Yoshi and go to practice mode or something, and jump. At the height of your jump do a double jump, but IMMEDIATELY as you start the double jump do an air dodge. Try it many times. Does Yoshi ever, instead of air dodging upwards, just air dodge down toward the ground? This is something that I want to confirm in the final product if you can please. At least acknowledge that you have seen my post and that you will get around to trying later...

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Have you still not seen my request LeeHarris, or do you refuse to try? Please, I really want to know the results of my request from someone with the final product:

Pick Yoshi and go to practice mode or something, and jump. At the height of your jump do a double jump, but IMMEDIATELY as you start the double jump do an air dodge. Try it many times. Does Yoshi ever, instead of air dodging upwards, just air dodge down toward the ground? This is something that I want to confirm in the final product if you can please. At least acknowledge that you have seen my post and that you will get around to trying later...
Oops, sorry man! I didn't see it until now. I have been running around like crazy! I'm sick as crap, I've been playing Brawl, maintaining servers, updating code, answering questions, etc.

Anyways, no, I couldn't do this with Yoshi. But... if you DJC or FC with peach then fall and air dodge you will go down into the ground. It is a slight waveland/wavedash.

DoritoXI

Smash Cadet
You guys seem to be accidently falling off the stage alot? Are you trying to edgeguard that you guys keep falling off?

shanus

Smash Hero
1. Ads clicked

2. Olimar seems ballin'

So his smashes throw the pikmin? They seem pretty power, nice for edgeguards for sure. Also, have you tried any moonwalks yet? Im really interested in seeing if CF and Sonic have nice moonwalks.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oops, sorry man! I didn't see it until now. I have been running around like crazy! I'm sick as crap, I've been playing Brawl, maintaining servers, updating code, answering questions, etc.

Anyways, no, I couldn't do this with Yoshi. But... if you DJC or FC with peach then fall and air dodge you will go down into the ground. It is a slight waveland/wavedash.
Ah, so Yoshi only air dodges upward then? Thats cool, thank you so much for your input.

Incidentally, I have a suggestion. Perhaps making a video with all the Kirby hats might please many, including me. Its all up to you though. Thanks for answering my question!

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Kirby definitely seems better, at least relative to the rest of the case. His priority has gotten a boost, his moves are more practical now, and his landing lag is low. I would have used him more but I've never been a big fan of Jiggly or Kirby. I don't know why :p

LordMofop108

Smash Rookie
Ahh thanks alot man, i've been looking alot for any impression on Kirby, but he seems to ignored alot.

I figured if he was as bad as he was in Melee in Brawl, then I would of dropped him as one of my mains.

Kirby may not come off as a masculine character, but c'mon.
He's 8 inches of pure man :laugh:

Zek

Smash Ace
Dude, why did you keep fighting with only 2-3 Pikmin out? You had a ton of chances to replenish your stock whenever Yoshi was out of range, it takes like half a second.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Dude, why did you keep fighting with only 2-3 Pikmin out? You had a ton of chances to replenish your stock whenever Yoshi was out of range, it takes like half a second.

As he said in his impressions, he doesn't really know about Pikmin & Olimar.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Zek: it was my second time playing him. He is hard to get used to! I wouldn't even notice at times that I only had two Pikmin because it felt like they randomly disappeared during the match.

Youtube links added! The quality isn't as good and the framerate is lower, but it should load faster. If you want to refresh a few times on the wifi wars site they will eventually come up. Once they start loading it is fast, but Youtube will come up instantly.

The videos are mostly in the process of uploading/processing! Over the next 2 hours they will ALL be up! If you want instant loading, go here for our youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/WifiWarsVideos

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Can i request a video? When you unlock the spear pillar stage can you make a vid playing on it? Havn't seen any good vids of it that arn't on niconico and i'm to cool for that site only not really.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
I'd really like to see Luigi and Mr. Game & Watch, if you could.

You're a great guy, thanks for all the effort :).

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Yo Lee, would you mind playing a doubles match? I'm really interested in seeing how teams has been affected by the new system.

-Syn

Revven

FrankerZ
How come I can't see the videos on your YT profile? I just saw them like two seconds ago and now they're gone! WTF?

Proven

Smash Apprentice
japanese voltage is 100V and 50hz east japan, 60hz west japan. Our voltage is 120V 60hz. If you look at your DS charger, it'll say 100-120V or so, followed by 50hz/60hz meaning it works in both countries. The wii on the other hand, is only 120V here, and 100V in japan. So here you have to use something for it to not get damaged from the voltage difference, and that's what i was asking the op
Ah, thanks for the info. But I have to wonder then, the exterior power brick wouldn't help at all?

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
I am very impressed with your work Lee and that of wifiwars ( Jason and Matt ). Having personally known Scav for 4 years and M3D, professionally, for almost 3 years, the potential success of this business could not happen to better people.

Experienced smashers (competitive and casual) are not making rash declarations concerning Brawl's competitive potential. Such a statement takes months, and, finding techniques and game play styles develops over years.

This (thankfully) is not Melee 2.0 and approaching Brawl as such will be of great benefit to competitive players. I have knot in my stomach that has not occurred since initially competing in Halo 1 and Melee, and I must say it is a joy to have back.

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
Hey, great stuff man, thanks for all this info and video footage and whatnot.

A couple requests I have,

1) Could you either make a video/take screenshots/describe in detail the taunts for every character? It seems like alot I know...but I'd really like to know! (if you just wanna do a couple of them, Kirby, R.O.B., and Dededes would be my preferences)

2) More R.O.B. footage!! yay for R.O.B.!

Again, very much appreciative of all the work you're putting into this, I'd be much more selfish than you were I in your position :p

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Match 12 - Wolf(Marcus) vs Falco(Tony) is one of the most epic Brawl matches I've seen.
Wolf vs Falco, enemies in the Star Fox games, on the MGS Stage + MGS4 Main Theme...
Snow falling, as the two exchange blows in what-ends-up-being quite a close match...
I recommend everyone watch it!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
there are still already vids out there with all of the taunts i belive.

But I have yet to see DDD being played by a human since brawls release.

Top Bottom