• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I was thinking, I could do some Goldeneye: Source BRSTMs? (Can we do music from hacks or mods?)

I'm also thinking of re-doing Yoshi's Island, as well as Super Mario World, and maybe Star Fox (Starwing), also Street Racer.

I'm getting a new PC ... soon (well, I've ordered it from Amazon, and it's being prepared for dispatch, with a delivery time of February 22 - February 24), which has a 3.2 GHz processor (Intel core i5 650... something IIRC)... I'm not entirely sure how much RAM it actually has, but it supports up to 16 GB of RAM, either way, hopefully it'll be faster than this one :p
Looks like you'll be able to play Brawl in 1080p resolution now, assuming you have a monitor with at least a 1920x1080 resolution. What kind of graphics card does it have?

Edit: And Linkshot should approve of experimental in-page looping.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
It looks like the music player on BCM has a new look, and it looks nice too :)

Also, nice to play a song indefinitely instead of just having 40 seconds of the song after the loop-point :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Um, about that... how come for the past few months, while most of the time we'd get a black player with white text, we'd sometimes on the odd occasion get a light grey/silvery colour with black text player? Anyway, the new player, while lacking a bit in the appearance department, at least has an infinite play-forever thing, which brings me to my next question.... why was it set to a... let's be honest, ridiculously long 30-minute delay after the first loop, and then a 10 second fadeout? Personally, I just have it fade out immediately after the loop, or maybe up to a 5-second delay, but that don't matter now :p

EDIT: Um, does the new player ONLY appear on BRSTMs uploaded since it was er... added? Because I listened to an older BRSTM, and it had the old FlashMP3 thing <_<

Also, what do you mean I'll be able to play Brawl in 1080p? If the Wii is only programmed to support up to 576i IIRC, then you're not REALLY playing in 1080p, are you? And more to the point, what do you mean I will, now (as if I couldn't before)? Also, I'm getting a PC, not a TV <________< (also, I don't like using emulation of Wii games on a PC)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Okay, the new song previewer is nice :3
TUK, you're probably listening to the BRSTMs on the game page (like after you choose a game from the list). When you click the song, it loads the new song previewer.
Also, I'm scared o.o;

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Okay, the new song previewer is nice :3
TUK, you're probably listening to the BRSTMs on the game page (like after you choose a game from the list). When you click the song, it loads the new song previewer.
Also, I'm scared o.o;
That song doesn't loop well.
The only thing I don't like about the player is that I can't, or don't know how to make it play before it finishes loading the song.

Edit:

Um, about that... how come for the past few months, while most of the time we'd get a black player with white text, we'd sometimes on the odd occasion get a light grey/silvery colour with black text player?
I don't know. The only reason I could see this happening would be because someone put a double quote in the song name or something.

Also, what do you mean I'll be able to play Brawl in 1080p? If the Wii is only programmed to support up to 576i IIRC, then you're not REALLY playing in 1080p, are you? And more to the point, what do you mean I will, now (as if I couldn't before)? Also, I'm getting a PC, not a TV <________< (also, I don't like using emulation of Wii games on a PC)
Why not? It's just like playing it on a Wii. If you want the game on a larger screen, just hook your computer to a TV.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Er... moose? The new PC monitor I ordered is 21.5 inches. My TV is 32 inches.

The monitor is indeed 1920 x 1080 resolution, and therefore has a pixel density of 102 per inch. The point is, I play Brawl on my Wii, on my 32 inch TV. Why would I want to take all the unnecessary effort to play it on my PC monitor? As I said, the game only runs at up to 576i. You can't just play something on a 1080p screen and suddenly expect it to be 1080p. For example, playing Super Mario Land on a Game Boy emulator in full screen, will not give you super awesome HD graphics :p

As for the graphics card, I'm not sure, but the graphics RAM is 2 MB (I honestly have no idea whether that's good, bad or meh).

The basic comparison between this PC, my lap-top and the new PC is:
RAM:
Current PC = 2.00 GB Installed, 2.00 GB Total, 1.01 GB available
Laptop = 4.00 GB Installed, 3.00 GB Total, 1.3? GB available
New PC = up to 16 GB (I don't know anything else other than that)

CPU speed:
Current PC = 2.13 GHz
Laptop = 2.00 GHz
New PC = 3.20 GHz

Graphics RAM:
Current PC = 256 MB
Laptop = 512 MB
New PC = 2 GB

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Er... moose? The new PC monitor I ordered is 21.5 inches. My TV is 32 inches.

The monitor is indeed 1920 x 1080 resolution, and therefore has a pixel density of 102 per inch. The point is, I play Brawl on my Wii, on my 32 inch TV. Why would I want to take all the unnecessary effort to play it on my PC monitor? As I said, the game only runs at up to 576i. You can't just play something on a 1080p screen and suddenly expect it to be 1080p. For example, playing Super Mario Land on a Game Boy emulator in full screen, will not give you super awesome HD graphics :p
So am I just imagining SSBB in HD?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/ssbbhd/

Also:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/colorshd/
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/momhd/

And it doesn't take much effort to download a program and run it.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Colors is AMAZING in HD.
Starlight Carnival is beautiful in HD :3
You think the screenshots look good? Just wait until you see it in motion, and without that black outline around sonic.
Those screenshots were taken just after the game came out, so the devs hadn't fixed that glitch yet.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You think the screenshots look good? Just wait until you see it in motion, and without that black outline around sonic.
Those screenshots were taken just after the game came out, so the devs hadn't fixed that glitch yet.
I don't see a black line around Sonic. Which picture(s) is/are it/they in?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, I'm confused. The Wii says 576i. The only explanation is that the screenshots aren't true HD, but have been upscaled.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, I just thought... what if we got the original B09.brstm, then copied it for every BRSTM in the game, and renamed it to all of the BRSTM names that exist, that'd make a rather interesting game. In short, "25m" would be everywhere. Dun dun dadadadun dun dadadaddun dun dadadaddun <___<.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to re-upload (And finish, if possible) Streets of Rage. I'm using Vertiphon's remastered version, since, in the words of one of the posters of the topic on FFShrine, "This puts all the other OSTs to shame", and is very good quality IMO. It's also in FLAC so yay.

Am I the only one here who tries VERY hard never to use low-quality (e.g. YouTube videos, or 128 kbps MP3s) and will only try to use FLACs (or at most 320 kbps MP3), or direct rips (GBS, USF, streams) and then convert to WAV, at the highest quality I can get?

Edit, all (loopable) themes done.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
My menu music is getting old >.>
Any suggestions that are already on the site?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
If anyone's using SPCs and uses SNESAmp (Alpha-II SPC Player v3.3.4), just to finalize, these are the exact settings I use, and what I find to be THE HIGHEST quality.
DSP Emulation is obviously set to custom.
Sample Rate is 48000 Hz
Channels is Stereo (HQ)
Sample Size is 16-bit
Interpolation is Cubic (this is definitely the highest quality -- honestly, listen to Weapons Factory on BCM, the metal clank REALLY sounds like a metal clank with a nice high-pitched ding to it

As for the annoying volume thing, this is simply what I do:
Firstly, I set the AAR to "On", then I put the Amplification and Output Threshold both down to 0, then I put the AAR back to Increase.
IF you choose to set the amplification and output threshold first, then you need to simply set the AAR to On, then back to Increase (yeah, that simple).
To see if it's worked, go to the Other tab, and enable the control panel. Then play an SPC and if the first slider (the volume one) stays still, hooray. If it rises, then... you missed something, because I posted exactly what I did, so there should be no mistakes.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Let me guess, he got an audio file, converted it to BRSTM with 0% effort on looping?

Also, now I've got my new PC, I can reveal a few things about it for no reason:
It has 1.5 TB HDD, 6 GB RAM, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 650, ATI Radeon HD 5520 GPU with 2GB RAM, it also comes with a nice remote control thing for Windows Media Center. I'm currently transferring all my files from my old PC to this, and then I'll just have to spend the next few months re-installing programs, such as Winamp, and the many plug-ins, etc.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Moosehunter's uploading Sonic 3 & Knuckles music to Youtube at the speed of sound :O

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I've downloaded the F-Zero X OST in FLAC, so I can do some FZX BRSTMs.
Just wondering, how comes the OST is in stereo, but the USF rips sound almost mono?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Contra : Hard Corps - A Spirit of Bushi By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - AC Violence By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Alien's Den By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Charshoe X By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Contra Overdrive By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Contra The Blue Gale By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Final Stage Clear By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Format X By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Game Over By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Gekokujoh Norakura By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - GTR Attack ! By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Guillotine By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - JB303 By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Jurassic Dope By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Last Springsteen By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Locked and Loaded By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Moonlit Army By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - R.A.V.E. By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Simon 1994rd By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Something Wonderful By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Stage Clear By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - The Dawn By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - the Foggy Cavern in the Darkness By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - The Hard Corps By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - The Hard Corps Blues By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - What a Painful World By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Yoru No Nikosyokujyuu By FlameHyenard - DEMO
Contra : Hard Corps - Zephyr By FlameHyenard - DEMO

This game needs more recognization :(

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Does anyone know how to convert XMA files to something usable?
I have Marvel vs. Capcom 3 XMAs that need converting.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
VGMToolbox r716 has an XMA to WAV converter:

- Convert XMA to WAV using external tools
- Preset .xml files should be placed in: "VGMToolbox directory"\plugins\XmaConverter
* Note: This tool requires 'ToWav.exe' by Xplorer, 'xma_test.exe' (xma_parse) by hcs, and (optionally) xmaencode.exe.
Please download both files and place in the following directory: "VGMToolbox directory"\external\xma

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
VGMToolbox r716 has an XMA to WAV converter:

- Convert XMA to WAV using external tools
- Preset .xml files should be placed in: "VGMToolbox directory"\plugins\XmaConverter
* Note: This tool requires 'ToWav.exe' by Xplorer, 'xma_test.exe' (xma_parse) by hcs, and (optionally) xmaencode.exe.
Please download both files and place in the following directory: "VGMToolbox directory"\external\xma
Alright. I'll try that.

Question: I got everything (VGMToolbox r716, ToWav.exe, and xma_test.exe). I open VGMToolbox, drag and drop the folder with the XMAs, but as they convert, I don't see any .wav files :mad:
What options do I need to convert?

Top Bottom