• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
If you want, you can upload a brstm that you want in the 9000/9001st slot and I can swap it with the current one.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Let's take the Ducktales (Game Boy) songs I've uploaded for example. They are all approved, but the only songs that have been downloaded so far ARE the one that doesn't loop. I've seen that for a week, so I was kind of intrigued. O_O
I'm curious as well.
Do you know why that happens moosehunter?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Moosehunter, I've shortened the song "Vs Gechisu" from Pokémon Black / White. Before, it was at 3:36, now it is at 2:19. Also, I've corrected the song "Vs N", because there was a little change in volume at the loop-point. Here are the mediafire files, so you can update those songs : Vs. Ghetsis and Vs. N :awesome:

shileno

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new here. Maybe many people won't believe because I'm new but, I upload some brstm to Brawl Custom Music and the user Flame Hyenard (I assume it's the same user from here) deleted them and upload them again with his name. It sucks since I was planning to upload many songs but it's not fair when people take credit for your work.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I did not delete any of your BRSTMs, because I'm not an admin on Brawl Custom Music. Even if I was one, I would have accepted your BRSTMs and updated them afterwards, so you would still get the credits.

The only persons who could have deleted your BRSTMs were Moosehunter, TheUltimateKoopa or Segtendo.

shileno

Smash Rookie
Well, it's REALLY weird then. First I upload the original Deoxys battle theme from FR/LG (Didn't knew you had uploaded a remix) and you post "the loop is not perfect", and I always test my brstm until I get the perfect sound. After that I upload Mewtwo's battle theme and now it says you're the author? I just wanted to help people just like they helped me with some great brstm.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Well, I listened to those FR/LG BRSTMs of yours, and the loop-point were not good at all. If you use BrawlBox to make your BRSTMs, do you happen to change the numbers sometimes (I mean, substracting or adding up 10000 to the start and end of the loop-point for example) ? This will help you out a lot :)

shileno

Smash Rookie
What I do is simple. Find a loop point with Audacity, and then I test them in Brawl until I get a perfect sound and loop. I'd like to know why they're not good, if it's the 14336 thing, I never had any troubles with my brstm.

I do this because there are tons of good songs in the site that need a better loop, it's easy to notice and it sounds bad. Besides, the volume is awfully high or low in some cases.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I do use Audacity as well, but only for cutting the silence at the beginning of the MP3 files and for amplifying the volume.

Either way, your songs would have been updated anyway, because you put the loop-point way later than it should be.

shileno

Smash Rookie
Well, no problem. Everyone has their own style to do things, if you don't like mine ok then, I won't upload more brtsm. The loop point doesn't really matter, it sounds better where it is because the songs have variations. For the volume, I do it with MP3 Gain and keep them as close as possible to Brawl songs. The silence in the beginning of the song is less than a second, it's almost useless to remove it.

Now if you want to reduce the size of the file, that's ok, but at least write some real arguments instead of saying "this is bad" or "this is not good". I don't use Brawlbox btw.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I didn't meant to sound rude in my comments, nor did I meant to start an argument with you (which is not only pointless, but is also something I avoid like the plague). If I offended you, then I'm sorry about it.

The loop-point does or doesn't matter, it depends if the persons doing those songs does or doesn't mind having a badly looped song. Sadly on Brawl Custom Music, it DOES matter. As of now, I've had 19 rejected BRSTMs, and 10 of them were because they had bad loop-points. If you want to check out the reasons your BRSTMs have been rejected, you can go here to see them.

shileno

Smash Rookie
Seriously? You do this all the time? Take people's brstm, make a couple of arrangements and then put your name on it? Wow, just wow. So I can take all your brstm, make them shorter or lower the size, reupload and say that they're mine? Nope.

"Loops nicer", good one ;D

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It's simple.
If you make a ****ty loop (pops at the loop included), and then somebody else comes along and makes one that's not ****ty, credit goes to the latter one for making the good one.
Why should the original get credited when his loop was inferior?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
If you talk about the "Vs Ghetsis" and "Vs N" songs, I only did that, so the main admin (Moosehunter) could update those BRSTMs, since there were a few problems with some songs from Pokémon Black & White.

And nope, actually I did this only two times, and those times were today with your BRSTMs. Also, it was not me who wrote the message in your rejected BRSTMs page, because I'm not a mod/admin. Here's my proof :
If I were moosehunter, I'd make you a mod.

shileno

Smash Rookie
Isn't easier to send a message to the original author to modify the file? If you want shorter files, higher volume and not ****ty loops (I don't even know what a good loop is then) ok.

EDIT: I opened my brstm with Brawlbox and all of them have a bad loop, the thing is, they sound perfectly fine in Brawl.. Is it me or it's something wrong here?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Sorry dude, I deleted them. Flame had better loops and were shorter.

shileno

Smash Rookie
I undestand, what it bothered me is that it's not fair that FH took my brstm, made some edits and then say he made it? It's easy to open the file and improve the loops when you already have them. Can I do the same? Because there are some brstm with bad loops.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I undestand, what it bothered me is that it's not fair that FH took my brstm, made some edits and then say he made it?
I have to correct you on the bolded part : I never claimed them as mine in the first place (and for what reason would I do this anyway ? It's like saying on Youtube "XX persons died from the sheer awesomeness of the video" just to get thumbs up : it's useless, and the person who does this sounds like an idiot).

By the time I will claim a stolen BRSTM as mine, roosters would grow teeth. In short, never.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Moosehunter, I've shortened the song "Vs Gechisu" from Pokémon Black / White. Before, it was at 3:36, now it is at 2:19. Also, I've corrected the song "Vs N", because there was a little change in volume at the loop-point. Here are the mediafire files, so you can update those songs : Vs. Ghetsis and Vs. N :awesome:
There's a reason Vs. Gechisu looped the way it did. Listen more carefully to the second repetition of the song compared to the first.

shileno

Smash Rookie
I saw you as the author, that's like you made it, until I realize that you can edit someone's else brstm and improve it, I apologize if I sounded rude, but I didn't knew that. Now, I opened my brstm files with Brawlbox and yes, they sound bad (in Brawl they sound good, or that's what I thought) so I would like to end this.

I'll just make better brtsm (shorter and better loops WITH Brawlbox) and then if you (and the people who check the songs in the site) like them, great. Again, sorry for this misunderstood from my part and thanks for making this clear.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
No offense taken ;)

Moosehunter : I can hear the little difference, indeed. Maybe I will upload the shorter version someday. Also, somebody has to update the name of many songs (like the name of the towns, which have official names as well as some trainers, like Ghetsis).

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Okay, here's the thing about loops and who did what

When it comes to BRSTMs, the only effort put into it is finding a proper loop.
Obvious exception is a medley, but that's not the issue here.

The bolded sentence means that if he made a better loop, he gets full credit. It means he edited 100% of the BRSTM. You did not convert it with your bare hands; conversion requires no effort so no credit is given for who converted first. Credit (for non-medleys) is solely based on who made the better loop.

If you made a medley and he just made it a little more seamless, I'd give you credit, but all you did was take songs that were pre-made and find a loop point that didn't actually work. Ergo, you didn't do anything productive, no credit, etc.

...rant done.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Working on Earthworm Jim (Game Boy, using the GBS rip), Earthworm Jim (SNES, using the SPC rip) and Earthworm Jim 2 (SNES and Genesis using the VGM and the SPC set). I do like the Game Boy versions of the songs. I owned that version of the game as a kid :awesome:
Moosehunter : Also, somebody has to update the name of many songs (like the name of the towns, which have official names as well as some trainers, like Ghetsis).
I've been asking him to change it, yet no response from him doing it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Double post.
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis)
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Anything but Tangerines By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Bonus By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Continue By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Ending By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Forked By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Game Show By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Lorenzen's Soil By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Puppy Love By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - The Flyin' King By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Title Screen By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Udderly Abducted By Segtendo - DEMO
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis) - Villi People By Segtendo - DEMO

--> Go Back to the List
Logo I ripped. I went into Fusion, set the full-screen resolution to the highest, went full screen, and then print-screened. I did this because there are no HD versions of the logo on the web.

Uploaded some MadWorld as well, since its audio files are compatible with vgmstream and I could convert them with moosehunter's converter ;o
MadWorld logo

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
How do I extract songs from miniGSF files using Winamp ? Linkshot told me it has something to do with output, but he left me on a cliffhanger :(

If I can't solve this, I can always use FRAPS to record the songs...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Extract? What do you mean? miniGSFs ARE songs, if that makes sense. If you know how to do it for GBS, SPC, NSF, 2SF, USF, GYM, VGM etc, you should know how to do it for GSFs. miniGSFs are just the individual tracks (or songs), in a GSF set. I'm still not sure what you mean by "extract songs from miniGSF"?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
My bad, I thought I wrote "Converting" instead of "Extracting". I guess the hot temperatures nowadays don't help in focusing.

Anyway, what I meant is converting miniGSF to MP3/WAV files. Sorry again for the unconvinience.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
^The word is inconvenience :p

Also, do you know how to convert any files to WAV? If you do, it's exactly the same.

If you know how to convert other files to WAV with Winamp, and are able to play GSF files in Winamp, you should be able to convert those to WAVs.
But just incase, this is how I do it:
Firstly, make sure you only have the songs you want to convert in the 'now playing' playlist (press Alt+E in Winamp to show or hide this list).
Now, go to the Options menu, and select Preferences.
In the menu on the left side, go down until you reach "Output" (under "Plug-ins")
Select the "Nullsoft Disk Writer" one.
Most of the settings are up to you, but I would strongly recommend that "Convert to format" is NOT ticked -- this means that the WAV file will be exactly the same sample rate as the original song. That is, a 32000 Hz song will be converted to a 32000 Hz WAV.
If you want to convert multiple songs at once, make sure the "Enabled" box under "Single-Fire Mode" is NOT ticked. If you want your converted files to be in the same place as the miniGSF files, tick the "Output to directory containing source files" box, otherwise, choose where you want them to go by clicking the button next to "Directory:"
Choose "Auto (recommended)" for the "Output File Type"
The Playlist index at the beginning, and Output Filename Format are completely up to you. If you have more than 100 files, I'd choose "3 digits" for the playlist index at the beginning, otherwise, instead of going 99, 100, 101, 102 etc, it'd go 99, 00, 01, 02 and when viewed in numerical or alphabetical order, you'd get 00, 01, 01, 02, 02 at the top.
Finally, I don't know what it does, but I never have "Override thread priority (hack)" ticked, so I'd just have that not ticked.

Also, I uploaded "He Lives in You" by Lebo M from "Rhythm of the Pridelands" :p

Top Bottom