• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Covarr

Smash Cadet
I have an idea! An on-topic post!

Sonic CD (JP/EU) - Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself By Covarr - DEMO

Seamless custom looped (required a bit more effort than I'd expected because of a poorly-timed fadeout at the end, thanks SEGA!), sourced from the recent OST rerelease. The song may have already been done, but it's impossible for me to check with the site down, and I didn't find it anywhere else, so I went ahead and did it. My apologies if someone else already did this, I don't mean to step on anybody's feet here.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yea.
Sega had some weird fade-outs for Sonic CD.
At least the US version has some places where you can loop nicely.

Covarr

Smash Cadet
Actually, the new rerelease of Sonic CD that came out on some platforms and will be out soon on others has naturally-looping versions of both the US and JP/EU soundtracks. The JP/EU stuff is looped using extra bits that were previously only available on beta versions of the game.

If nobody else minds, I'd like to call dibs on these once a proper rip is available.

soneek

Smash Ace
I have an idea! An on-topic post!

Sonic CD (JP/EU) - Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself By Covarr - DEMO

Seamless custom looped (required a bit more effort than I'd expected because of a poorly-timed fadeout at the end, thanks SEGA!), sourced from the recent OST rerelease. The song may have already been done, but it's impossible for me to check with the site down, and I didn't find it anywhere else, so I went ahead and did it. My apologies if someone else already did this, I don't mean to step on anybody's feet here.

Addition: Actually, the new rerelease of Sonic CD that came out on some platforms and will be out soon on others has naturally-looping versions of both the US and JP/EU soundtracks. The JP/EU stuff is looped using extra bits that were previously only available on beta versions of the game.

If nobody else minds, I'd like to call dibs on these once a proper rip is available.
Yeah I'm having that problem with the Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth OST. The songs end RIGHT at the ending loop point, so I have to manually make LWAV files so it won't extend into the quiet part.

About the Sonic CD stuff, the guys over at the HCS forums might have the files directly from the new version, so you would be able to have perfect loops. I'll keep you updated if they have any news about it.

LMAO
That song.
That's when Spongebob was still good.
Yeah, the show went waaay downhill since then lol.

On another note, I got the BNSF files for Tales of Vesperia, so maybe I'll go through those within the next week or two.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Speaking of "downhill," does anyone know why the main peers and seeders for TUK's torrent have gone down? (If you own one of the peers/seeds for the torrent, feel free to provide what's going on at your end.)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
*points at soneek* LEECHER!

Also, it appears I'm uploading the torrent at a nice fast rate of... *drum roll*
0.4 kB/s

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@soneek

You'll be the one complaining when the site goes down again (assuming donations don't continue enough to keep it active).

@TheUltimateKoopa

I see.

@moosehunter

The term "keep it handy just in case" mean anything to you? Hm?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, we have $94.84 in donations now.
Three people finally donated today (December 18th), the last one before these was December 15th.

soneek

Smash Ace
@soneek

You'll be the one complaining when the site goes down again (assuming donations don't continue enough to keep it active).

@TheUltimateKoopa

I see.

@moosehunter

The term "keep it handy just in case" mean anything to you? Hm?
I'm not too worried about it going down again.

Just because moose isn't seeding, doesn't mean he doesn't have all of the files. There's more files on the site anyway than there are in the torrent.

Also, we have $94.84 in donations now.
Three people finally donated today (December 18th), the last one before these was December 15th.
I'm glad more people donated. It's about $35 a month to have it up?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Nobody ever thinks it'll happen until it does. I'm just trying to be ready for when it goes down again. Think of it as an emergency kit.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, "Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!"

What ever happened to the archive all the music in one place?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Well, that's kinda hard when the site that they're stored on is offline. At least I'm now at 77.3% done with what I'm downloading.

@soneek

I'm only using the old one so that I can finish my download so that I don't have to go through all of the unfinished files and replace them with a complete individual download. After that, I'll move onto the new torrent (or site,..., whatever).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Newsflash.
This topic was made LONG before Brawl Custom Music existed. MOST of the songs on the first page of this topic are more likely MediaFire, MegaUpload and other file hosting sites.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Yeah, but your torrent was the only thing that had them all archived. (Now at 77.4%)

Update 1: 77.5%

Update 2: 77.6%

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I hope putting the link to the Paypal in my KC:MM sig helped.

I think you should too, soneek :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
He probably turned it off cuz moosey probably is almost done fixing up the site.

soneek

Smash Ace
I hope putting the link to the Paypal in my KC:MM sig helped.

I think you should too, soneek :p
I will. I'll revive my topic there later this week too. Something epic is almost finished. :cool:

@TheUltimateKoopa

Having internet problems again, king TUK? [IYW (If You're Wondering), the seed just conked out again.]
He's probably asleep.

I'm almost dome with Tales of Vesperia. It was tagged, thanks to bxaimc, so I just have to do volume checks on the rest of the stuff later.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Actually I spent the last 2 hours or so trying to install something...
What was that, exactly?
Well this:

But all I get is "Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware"

It's installed separately, so I'm still able to use my PC as long as I boot it up as Windows 7 :D

Also, surely someone must know this, I asked at soundtrack central ... I'll check for a response, but just incase there isn't,
does anyone know when the Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards for Japan are going to be available?
In short? When will the Mario Kart Wii Platinum OST be available?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Eww, metro.

And I think all I have left is to make the merge game feature merge the respective YouTube playlists.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
@moosey, you mean where you have two games, called "Yoshi's Island" and "Super Mario World 2" for example, and then merge them, if there were two separate playlists, it would merge those videos into a new playlist, right?

Also, on a somewhat similar note, I've mentioned this before, but have you thought about it at all?

Here's the thing.... a British person goes to the site looking for music from "Yoshi's Universal Gravitation"
He doesn't see it. He does however see "Yoshi Topsy-Turvy", however, as far as he knows, that's not the same game. Yes, we know, but not everyone does.
So would there be a way of adding some feature where, maybe alternate names of games are listed, or maybe something where there's a Yoshi's Universal Gravitation AND a Yoshi Topsy-Turvy in the game list but they BOTH lead to the same page?
Another yet again, similar thing. Sometimes video game music is shared between multiple games.
Green Hill Zone in Sonic 1, and Brawl for example. What about a similar thing where both the Green Hill Zone song under Sonic 1 and Brawl, go to the same "page"?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I like maybe. It's not yes, but it could be.
But then it could be no.
The point is... very sharp, so don't touch it.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
So, "Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!"

What ever happened to the archive all the music in one place?
Newsflash.
This topic was made LONG before Brawl Custom Music existed. MOST of the songs on the first page of this topic are more likely MediaFire, MegaUpload and other file hosting sites.
I can answer those for you, having updated this thread previously.

Yes, this existed before BCM. Actually, BCM hasn't really been up all that long in comparison, yet everyone clamored for it to be back up (myself included). The reason why is because it is impossible to put all of the songs on the front page, due to restrictions on posting. There are only so many songs that can fit in one post, and if you go over that, it'll give an error message when you attempt to save the changes. Therefore, you can only archive most of the music in one place. In all honesty, I don't even believe that all of the BRSTM's ever made will be in one place, simply due to the sheer amount of them, plus the ones that haven't been posted on the web yet (which, I know is the case for some of mine)

EDIT: Not to mention, if anyone else had my problem (files getting deleted from Mediafire) on their file sharing sites, there could be quite a few broken links on the front page (which, there probably are, but I'm not checking)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, surely someone must know this, I asked at soundtrack central, but no replies yet.
Does anyone know when the Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards for Japan are going to be available?

soneek

Smash Ace
Also, surely someone must know this, I asked at soundtrack central, but no replies yet.
Does anyone know when the Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards for Japan are going to be available?

Sorry, but I have no idea.

Top Bottom