• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
God dammit. I'm updating and it halted my update AGAIN.

Does it do that to anyone else?

soneek

Smash Ace
God dammit. I'm updating and it halted my update AGAIN.

Does it do that to anyone else?
I put random BRSTMs in place of the updates that didn't go through. It happened to me before too. I guess whenever we update a song, we have to check here to make sure it actually made it to the site.

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/music/update/

There were some old BRSTMs in that folder that never got deleted, so I renamed them to 1997,2001,2003,2005, etc. so that processing would get out of that endless loop.

soneek

Smash Ace
I just thought of something. I could upload gameplay videos to the channel of songs from the site being used in Brawl, Mario Power Tennis, DBZ, and other games that use BRSTMs. Just something random that popped into my head. :p

Maybe using only music from a certain game or series. One of my templates has MvC3 music already, so maybe I could do a Brawl gameplay video with only MvC3 and UMvC music.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That dividing by zero is perfectly normal, if you view a game with a BRSTM that's currently uploading but not processed.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Maybe replacing it through FTP will work.
It won't let me enter the folder.

This is why we need an owner that is on constantly so he/she could help fix the site when we need it. Ijah's never on D:
These bugs are pissing me off.

soneek

Smash Ace
He's actually been in IRC lately. I think he's secretly working on stuff. o_O

I'm gonna make medleys for the rest of the MvC3 stage themes.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Fellas, I have a bit of an issue with the site. Darren, head of Shinesparkers, contacted me about uploading the Harmony of a Hunter songs to BCM. He had no issues with people using the songs for Brawl, however...he did mention something that sort of bugs me too. He said that it lists the person who uploaded the BRSTM as the creator, which is only true for the BRSTM. We didn't "create" the song, we merely created the BRSTM. So, he suggested replacing the word creator with "uploaded by", and that would help all future uploads, and perhaps prevent some copyright issues. I only bring it here because I am not an admin of the site, and Darren only told me about this because he was unable to reach any of the admins of the site on IRC. If this can't be resolved for some reason, the Harmony of a Hunter songs need to be removed. I certainly don't want to get in trouble with the owner of one of my favorite sites on the net, and I promised him that I would do that, were this to be unable to be resolved. Let me know ASAP what your course of action will be, so I can let him know. Thanks for your time.

soneek

Smash Ace
I was actually planning on adding fields for composers and arrangers, once I learned enough about PHP.

Code:
 Game: Harmony of a Hunter (Metroid 25th Anniversary Tribute Album) 
Song Name: The Caves of Brinstar 
Song Composer: Hirokazu Tanaka 
Song Arranger: Aries T
BRSTM Creator: darksamus77 
Length: 3:04 BRSTM 
Size: 8.89 MB Downloads: 3 
Date Added: May 24, 2012
Loop Type: Song Does Not Loop Normally But Has A Custom Loop 
Start Loop Point: 3,799,040 
End Loop Point: 8,148,578 
Sampling Rate: 44100
It would look something like that.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But then... what about when we upload BRSTMs that weren't created by any of us? I.e. those that were already BRSTMs? Such as Mario Kart Wii, for example? Then what do you put for BRSTM creator? The best one would just be to call it "Uploaded by", rather than "Created by". Because by the rules, the person who uploaded it, most likely created it, if it was a custom BRSTM.

Oh and another thing....

MAKE **** UPDATE REJECTING POSSIBLE! :(

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/2959
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/8016

Also, those need fixing.

Seg, I have a warning.... and this is from what moosehunter said a while ago.

When updating BRSTMs, only update ONE at a time. Don't update one, then open a new tab and update another one at the same time. If that's what you're doing, then that's why they keep failing. Also, hi, Pnf.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Seg, I have a warning.... and this is from what moosehunter said a while ago.

When updating BRSTMs, only update ONE at a time. Don't update one, then open a new tab and update another one at the same time. If that's what you're doing, then that's why they keep failing.
I don't do that anymore. I leave the current BRSTM page open while updating, but I don't go to another one and update that. Sometimes, while uploading, it hangs for me.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I was actually planning on adding fields for composers and arrangers, once I learned enough about PHP.

Code:
 Game: Harmony of a Hunter (Metroid 25th Anniversary Tribute Album) 
Song Name: The Caves of Brinstar 
Song Composer: Hirokazu Tanaka 
Song Arranger: Aries T
BRSTM Creator: darksamus77 
Length: 3:04 BRSTM 
Size: 8.89 MB Downloads: 3 
Date Added: May 24, 2012
Loop Type: Song Does Not Loop Normally But Has A Custom Loop 
Start Loop Point: 3,799,040 
End Loop Point: 8,148,578 
Sampling Rate: 44100
It would look something like that.
Is that possible? Or would it be easier just to change it to say "uploaded by"?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But then... what about when we upload BRSTMs that weren't created by any of us? I.e. those that were already BRSTMs? Such as Mario Kart Wii, for example? Then what do you put for BRSTM creator? The best one would just be to call it "Uploaded by", rather than "Created by". Because by the rules, the person who uploaded it, most likely created it, if it was a custom BRSTM.
That's what I said... :p

soneek

Smash Ace
I guess I'll change the YouTube descriptions to say "submitted by" instead of "created by" also. I'm gonna try to do it before I head out today. Don't be surprised if you randomly don't have access to the site for about 15 minutes. :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, I believe we need to sort out the code to handle links... it's clearly what the problem is.

Also, has anyone gotten an e-mail about hamsters and elderberries?

soneek

Smash Ace
Code:
 Segtendo\'s Shack TheBrawlMusicGuys

Hello ***,

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt like elderberries..

Thank you, The www.brawlcustommusic.com team.
:p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Um.... it's from Monty Python Also, I sent it for no reason because I wanted to see if it works... even though I know it works but you know... people do that all the time right?

To be honest I don't get why though. Like, you put your keys in a keyhole. Turn the key. Lock the door. You know it's locked... yet you insist on turning the handle to see if the door opens. And I don't mean people with OCD.

Also, I'm going to be doing some Mario Kart Arcade GP BRSTMs. Anyone have a logo for both games?

soneek

Smash Ace
I saw some wallpapers for them, but I suck at isolating logos from vivid backgrounds. :p

Also, Happy Birthday Alaric!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've been on a Diddy Kong Racing craze lately, so that's why you see so much of both games' music going up.

Top Bottom