• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
I've just returned from the Exam Abyss and Christmas has come, so I to bring you this.

Cave Story - Christmas Story(Mimiga Town) - k-wix By BaconLegs - DEMO
Cave Story - Chime Vale(Plant) - k-wix By BaconLegs - DEMO
Cave Story - Holiday Construction(Mischievous Robot) - k-wix By BaconLegs - DEMO
MediaFire's down right now, so I'll upload them there instead of MegaUpload when I can get access to my account again. EDIT: Done. I'll have to try out the new brawlbox, I'm still using Dantarion's tool.
And this new ReMix format is interesting, do I have to reformat all my old posts?
Hoo boy I have a bunch to catch up on.
Happy holidays!:chuckle:

Gallade64

Smash Apprentice
Yes. The 14336 rule is a result of the way Brawl reads the brstms and has nothing to do with the program used to make them. There's no way around it.

Edit: Just noticed that your question has some odd wording. You know that only the starting loop point has to be a multiple of 14336, right? The end can be anything.
When I looped a certain song without the 14336 rule using Brawl Box the song surprisingly looped pretty well in game without any problems.

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
When I looped a certain song without the 14336 rule using Brawl Box the song surprisingly looped pretty well in game without any problems.
Coincidence. Some songs mess up worse than others.

This is a property of the game itself. It is not related to the way we make brstms at all, and no amount of wishful thinking is going to change that.

Chepe

Smash Lord
If it still looped well without abiding by the 14336 rule, your loop point either was a multiple of 14336 or it was close enough to a multiple of 14336 that you can't tell the difference when you hear it. The latter is obviously more likely, but either way Vyse is right: the game always follows the 14336 rule.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If it still looped well without abiding by the 14336 rule, your loop point either was a multiple of 14336 or it was close enough to a multiple of 14336 that you can't tell the difference when you hear it. The latter is obviously more likely, but either way Vyse is right: the game always follows the 14336 rule.
Can you explain this rule? I've never heard of it before?

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Song lengths are measured in samples, with 32,000 or 44,100 samples per second being the norm. Any brstm with a starting loop point that is not a multiple of 14336, in samples, will not loop correctly in the game.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I've made some of my own brstms so I might as well share them here seeing that I got some from here.

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - The True Mirror ~Guitar Ver~ By Hozu - DEMO
F-Zero X - Call Crazy at Cry By Hozu - DEMO
F-Zero X - The Long Distance of Murder By Hozu - DEMO
Star Fox 64 - Area 6 By Hozu - DEMO

I've been having trouble getting a certain song to loop and it happens to be the highest quality song I've tried yet (320kbps/44100HZ mp3). Is it being high quality the cause of my looping troubles, or is it just because of the song itself?
It is harder but not impossible. I got the song I was having trouble with yesterday to loop w/o sounding like crap, need to make it a bsrtm now. Will upload some more songs soon.

Edit: I have other F-Zero X songs if someone wants me to make a brstm out of them, but I don't have the Expansion Kit songs (aside from a youtube rip, which totally kills the quality) found some high quality EK tracks now (again, 320 kbps so I'll have to wait until someone knows the answer to my question). PM me if you want them, that will be the fastest way to reach me here.

Edit 2: Title fix

Edit 3: These are all redone, go here to get them.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Edit: I have other F-Zero X songs if someone wants me to make a brstm out of them, but I don't have the Expansion Kit songs (aside from a youtube rip, which totally kills the quality). PM me if you want them, that will be the fastest way to reach me here.
You COULD try using Video2MP3. Just put the Youtube URL in the box and click "High Quality." It helps, trust me.

Smash Apprentice
All of these come from games:

BlazBlue Rebellion By 112 - DEMO

^ To celebrate Rebellion's Platinum status, I decided to remake this since the old one has a lot of static (why I hear it now is beyond me) and it comes from the OST not Youtube :laugh:

Final Fantasy XIII - Battle Theme By 112 - DEMO
Final Fantasy XIII - Pulse de Chocobo By 112 - DEMO
Final Fantasy XIII - Snow's Theme By 112 - DEMO

^ I wasn't satisfied with Wander's version of the FFXIII Battle Theme (which should be instead) because during the loop, it sounds like the CD skipped for a second which is enough to irk me. and FFXIII has an amazing soundtrack, those three are my favorites. I might do some more if I have any idea about what song to do. Don't worry about the preview links, i was able to remove the static in each beginning.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Allegro (Remix) - Aoi Shoudo By 112 - DEMO
Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations Godot's Special Blend #9 - Aoi Shoudo By 112 - DEMO

^ The title and artists were incorrect, my fault sorry, and here are the replacements.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Coincidence. Some songs mess up worse than others.

This is a property of the game itself. It is not related to the way we make brstms at all, and no amount of wishful thinking is going to change that.
Actually, I specifically requested that BrawlBox automatically correct the 14336 error (adding silence onto the beginning to push everything into place) and Kryal said it wouldn't be hard to implement, so I'm guessing it's in the latest version.

Meaning, it's no coincidence. Brawlbox automatically corrects it.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Here's some more songs that I just put together:

FFXI - A Realm of Emptiness By Hozu - DEMO
FFXI - Fighters of the Crystal By Hozu - DEMO
F-Zero X Expansion Kit - Rollercoaster By Hozu - DEMO

I did manage to work with higher quality mp3s this time, the second song gave me far too much trouble yesterday.

Edit: Go to this post for louder versions of the first and last ones. Go here for the middle one.

Conti

Smash Ace

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Bah, the bsrtms I made are a little too quiet... does Brawl Box support Stereo sound (ie. making a stereo mp3 into 2 wavs)? I think I'll use that instead if it does, and trim off the unused parts of the songs to make them smaller. And of course, try out the Amplify function in Audacity. I'll reupload all the ones I've done once they're fixed.

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Hi Vyse,
This brstm has extremely low volume.

I think it will be an amazing song to smash to, thanks :)
That's weird... It's at ~94 db, just like all the others. Try this one:

Final Fantasy I (PSP) - Last Boss by Vyse

And yeah, it is an awesome song.

Actually, I specifically requested that BrawlBox automatically correct the 14336 error (adding silence onto the beginning to push everything into place) and Kryal said it wouldn't be hard to implement, so I'm guessing it's in the latest version.

Oh. Well, that's convenient, I guess. Still doesn't get around the rule, though.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Title should say "This is NOT a request thread" or something... Also, I'm not sure if OP includes a link to it...

EDIT: Yes, it does, in big red letters, btw.... then should say "read FULL OP first"

Smash Apprentice
i Asked For Final Fantasy 13 Battle Theme Brstm Can You Please Make It For Me?
RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE! :mad:

If you tried looking, it's in the front page or you can go back a page. L2Searchfunction

moosehunter

Smash Ace

No, no, no. That's not how you should go about correcting it. Take my converter for example. It corrects the loop points while still keeping the original song exactly the same.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yw5f4wmznmj

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
I assume it just calculates the nearest multiple, moves the loop point there, and changes the end point by an equal amount?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That's weird... It's at ~94 db, just like all the others. Try this one:

Final Fantasy I (PSP) - Last Boss by Vyse
No Link :O

And actually I made a mistake in the last post, should have just named it rather than trying to muffle through BB code.
FF4 Fight No.2 is the one with noticably low volume.

Current "Last Boss" is fine.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I assume it just calculates the nearest multiple, moves the loop point there, and changes the end point by an equal amount?
Basically, yeah. Because of that you have to encode twice if the input file isn't already a loop-able file type. e.g. Wav files will have to be encoded twice if the loop points need adjusting, but files like brstm or adx files only have to be encoded once. Though I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could make it so a second or so of data is copied from the start to the end point and then adjust the loop points so you only have to encode once.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Divide the loop point by 14336 -> round up to the nearest whole number -> multiply by 14336 -> subtract the loop point from this number -> add this new value to the loop and end points as well as add silence equal to this number in samples onto the beginning of the song.

That's the way I do it in Audacity, though I have no idea what method Kryal used.

Also, 14336 samples seems to be a little under 1/3rd of a second. That's the maximum silence that will ever be added the the beginning.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, I can't seem to find a way to make my bsrtms louder without making the songs sound horrible... Audacity's Amplify function just isn't enough if I want to keep the songs sounding good...

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Divide the loop point by 14336 -> round up to the nearest whole number -> multiply by 14336 -> subtract the loop point from this number -> add this new value to the loop and end points as well as add silence equal to this number in samples onto the beginning of the song.

That's the way I do it in Audacity, though I have no idea what method Kryal used.

Also, 14336 samples seems to be a little under 1/3rd of a second. That's the maximum silence that will ever be added the the beginning.
I think the point is to do it without altering the audio.

The converter I gave a link to on the previous page aligns the loop point without altering the audio. It also fixes any existing brstm's without adding silence,

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
I think the point is to do it without altering the audio.

The converter I gave a link to on the previous page aligns the loop point without altering the audio. It also fixes any existing brstm's without adding silence,
Care to elaborate on exactly how it works?

And what's wrong with altering the audio if the alteration isn't noticeable?

Top Bottom