• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'd say this is an excellent reason to start going to KC:MM. >.>

BrawlVault will be easy to find, once it's open; a link to it will be on the KC:MM blog, and a button for it will be added to the forums, in the same row you see at the top of my screencap.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I might take you up on your offer, DarkSamus. Give me my spring break to see how far I can catch up. Then we can figure something out.

I guess I'll maintain things here. Yeah, it takes a bit of time out of my hands, but its a service people need and I'm glad to provide such convenience. If the BrawlVault proves to be a completely superior list, I might change my mind, but in the least I'll get the the submissions updated to where it is now.

I did this on SmashBoards versus KC: MM because Smash Boards seemed to need it. There was only a general board at the time and I was afraid of it being flooded with individuals topics for custom music (as had been the case for textures). Navigating all this was a pain. I suspected more people would be reached by doing things at Smash Boards (and secretly I hoped general Brawl users would find this topic and gain motivation to hack their Wii's, but the list is extensive enough now to serve this purpose even if I don't keep updating it). KC: MM has an awesome music forum...I really don't know why I haven't been more involved in it, I suppose this and other projects keeps me busy enough.

Well, the boards were never built for the highly formatted lost lists present in this thread's OP. If I have troubles updating (which happens when the lists get too long), that might be reason enough for me to stop updating. The Vault should be a much more sufficient option.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Still, a forum for updates is still good, though... This can't just be a dead end...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Well, the Workshop also unintentionally became a hacking hotspot, and tons of people love coming here as well to download a lot of stuff (hacks, music, etc), so it doesn't make sense to just stop when there still will be people coming through here wondering what the newest brstm's are for them to put in Brawl... I'll still go to KC-MM regardless of what you decide to do CyberGlitch, and if need be, I can change the ownership of the thread to someone else if you get tired as well. :p

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
@Cyber
Mine's next week too, I'll be absent from this thread from this Saturday to two Mondays from now, so...best of luck.
@Bionic Sonic
I'd try as best I could to keep the thread up to date, I fixed a month of missed BRSTM requests in about 7 hours, so...well, I don't wanna be too full of myself, as having both music threads would be crazy, but I would be up to the challenge, so to speak :laugh: sorry if this offends anyone...
EDIT:1100th post!

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Is BrawlVault going to have a good listing feature as well? A search is nice, but if the actual list has the BRSTMs listed in that size, the page is going to be way too large. The list HERE is huge, and the BrawlVault snapshot has one BRSTM taking up 10 times the space of one here.

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Is BrawlVault going to have a good listing feature as well? A search is nice, but if the actual list has the BRSTMs listed in that size, the page is going to be way too large. The list HERE is huge, and the BrawlVault snapshot has one BRSTM taking up 10 times the space of one here.
The page size won't change at all. It uses a scroll bar and multiple pages to keep the whole thing in one frame without loading too much at once. Have a look at the Mario page:

I will admit that the box for each brstm is rather large. I'll ask picano (the guy coding it) if it's possible to not include the comment box (the box on the right, for adding short descriptions and such, which is the main factor in the size) for brstms.

Edit: It's possible, but he prefers it the way it is, and I'm inclined to agree.

Kaiser6012

Smash Cadet
Heh heh... thanks to the advent of Riivolution, PAL users (like yours truly) now have a motivation to make custom musics. I may be putting up some things yet...
So far, I've done a bit of stuff with a heavy industrial bent. More when I'm able to access my files!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
The page size won't change at all. It uses a scroll bar and multiple pages to keep the whole thing in one frame without loading too much at once. Have a look at the Mario page:

I will admit that the box for each brstm is rather large. I'll ask picano (the guy coding it) if it's possible to not include the comment box (the box on the right, for adding short descriptions and such, which is the main factor in the size) for brstms.

Edit: It's possible, but he prefers it the way it is, and I'm inclined to agree.
The problem is the scroll bar. As I said before, the one for the front page is HUGE. Unless you plan to not include a way to view all of the BRSTMs, then it'd still be a problem. Having multiple pages only spreads the problem out over multiple websites. I don't think not being able to view all of the BRSTMs is a good idea. Having a single page for every game, anime, and TV show/movie is tedious and hard to navigate, especially for those with only a few songs.

If you really feel it's necessary [and I feel it's a good feature as well. I can explain my duplicates], have a collapsible comment box, similar to spoiler tags here. That way, it only takes up space for the BRSTMs that people are looking for. I don't think that BRSTMs should be approached the same way as textures, either, since there are MUCH more BRSTMs than textures. You have to be much more economical when you consider making a page for BRSTMs, in my opinion.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Look at the first picture again, please. That's not how it's done. At all.
Ah, you're right. I thought the first picture was a picture of your submissions [like, if you can view your BRSTM submissions in your profile or something]. Looking at the real thing, I see how it works. Sorry about that.

Still, I think the problem remains. But, seeing as you didn't reply to the rest of my post, you don't view this as an issue, so I won't pursue the topic further.

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Ah, you're right. I thought the first picture was a picture of your submissions [like, if you can view your BRSTM submissions in your profile or something]. Looking at the real thing, I see how it works. Sorry about that.

Still, I think the problem remains. But, seeing as you didn't reply to the rest of my post, you don't view this as an issue, so I won't pursue the topic further.
Well, it's open now, so you can check it out in practice and decide. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php

And I ignored the rest of your post because half of it was based on the faulty assumption I pointed out, and the other half isn't really something I can do anything about. I'm not making it, you know; I'm just friends with the person who is. <_<; And while I think the box isn't necessary for having comments, I do think it's nice for providing some spacing to make the list easier on the eyes.

Edit: OK, the songs aren't currently alphabetized by source after all. It just looked that way because there were so few. For example, all songs from sources starting with "C" are on the same page, but within that, they're grouped alphabetically by song title. So my "Battle with Magus" brstm from Chrono Trigger is at the top of the C page, but "World Revolution" from the same game is at the bottom. I told picano, and he said he'd fix it ASAP once initial activity dies down.

Also, OceanBlue, there is a View All button, so there you go.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I like this way better. It'd take twice as long to upload my songs there than here...because you can only submit one song at a time...

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
I like this way better. It'd take twice as long to upload my songs there than here...because you can only submit one song at a time...
True, but when your brawl album solidifies new bstrms come a bit slower (for me at least)

Unless a pack request is made, but I still see where you're coming from.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hamtaro - Hamtaro Opening Theme By Ussi- DEMO

Maplestory - Papa Pixie Theme By Ussi - DEMO

Persona 3 - Master of Tartarus By Ussi - DEMO

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 - Injection Of Love (Hina Mix) By Ussi - DEMO

Audition - Can Can (Acoustic Mix) By Ussi - DEMO

Touhou 9.5 - Shoot the Bullet - Tengu is Watching ~ Black Eyes Dark PHOENiX By Ussi - DEMO

This is really my first attempt at anything >_> Though i didn't do any real editing on this one...

I have 5 more uploading.. will edit this post when they finish. I simply did it for fun as I wanted these songs. I'm just sharing in case anyone else would like it XD

EDIT: Alright all done ^_^ I actually tried editing Master of Tartarus, Injection of Love, and Black Eyes so they felt like it was flowing not like stop and restart >.<

If anything feel free to comment if I did a good job on those three at least <_<;;

Arcade

Smash Ace
Youtube Poop - McRoll'd 3 By Arcade - DEMO

Here's my first BRSTM. Well, not really my first, I did Robotnik's Tea Party but it turned out way too quiet. This one sounds just right, and it also has an interesting loop... anyway hope a fellow YTPMV fan likes it, and don't kill me if I got the format wrong please :laugh:

We only have It's From the Show, McRoll'd 3, and Scrub Scrub Scrub?? We need more YTPMVs!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Youtube Poop - McRoll'd 3 By Arcade - DEMO

Here's my first BRSTM. Well, not really my first, I did Robotnik's Tea Party but it turned out way too quiet. This one sounds just right, and it also has an interesting loop... anyway hope a fellow YTPMV fan likes it, and don't kill me if I got the format wrong please :laugh:

We only have It's From the Show, McRoll'd 3, and Scrub Scrub Scrub?? We need more YTPMVs!
I did Robotnik's PINGAS song. It's freakin' hilarious.

Arcade

Smash Ace
I think Banjo-Kazooie: Treasure Trove Cove is broken. Whenever I play it in My Music or in a stage, it turns to static after a couple seconds.

Does anyone have the download for that last one, Pursuit ~ Caught? It seems to be malformed. It leads me to a "My Files" page and shows an empty folder of some sort.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Just notifying all of you that I'll be out til April 5th after this post due to Spring Break. Cyber, bet that's a good thing for you :laugh: sorry for overloading you with BRSTM's...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Touhou 7 - Perfect Cherry Blossom - Maiden's Illusionary Funeral ~ Necro-Fantasy (Ran Yakumo's Theme) - Dark PHOENiX By Ussi - DEMO
Mountain of Faith - Mysterious Mountain - Dark PHOENiX By Ussi - DEMO
Imperishable Night - Love-Colored Master Spark - Dark PHOENiX By Ussi - DEMO
Tales of Symphonia - The End of a Thought (Lloyd vs Kratos) By Ussi - DEMO

I must say I'm quite happy how i did these songs ^_^ They should all loop pretty well~ enjoy!

Edit: Alright Mysterious Mountain and Love-Color Master Spark have both been fixed and reuploaded

Aiuyu

Smash Rookie
Reupload The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Outset Island (Redux) by zhengman777 please o.o

Top Bottom