• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
They're both anthros, like everybody's avatar on the 'cario boards.
Still, Neco Arc Chaos has nothing to do with Pokémon. :laugh:

EDIT : Is it just me or I can't move a BRSTM to another section ?
For example, I've approved this BRSTM. Problem is, the section the user put it under already exists (kind of), which is the reason I wanted to move it to the "Other" section. But after I pressed the "Finish Editing" button, the only thing remaining is "Please Wait" and nothing happens next, as if it froze (though you can still play the song).

Covarr

Smash Cadet
I've finished converting the music from the Sonic CD rerelease. Some of the loops are quite different from the ones on BCM (most of the present/future songs, since they never looped in previous releases and Lohead's "normal" loops for these on BCM are in fact custom and mislabeled), whereas some are just about identical (the Past songs, since they looped to begin with).

A few of the new official loop points don't sound very good, but I'm reluctant to fix them because it's what actually shipped in the game, so it's technically correct (the only changes I made were for the 14336 rule).

Eventually I'll get around to comparing these to what's already on the site, and upload anything I did that is better than the original, but for now I'm just putting up whatever's missing entirely.

Also in that MediaFire folder I linked are a few custom loops of songs that originally didn't (and a redo of the JPN/PAL special stage, which was incorrectly looped in-game). I probably won't even attempt to put these ones on BCM unless asked to, but they're available if anybody's interested.

edit: If anybody's curious about the filenames, it's because they're actually labeled as R1A, R3D, etc in the game's files to signify what level/time period. I added the level names myself.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
O_o
I wanted to extract the music from the Sonic CD re-release. I don't know why I didn't >.<

Anyways, Covarr, you should upload the tracks that are missing from the Sonic CD section.
EDIT: Oh. That's what you're doing.

Covarr

Smash Cadet
O_o
I wanted to extract the music from the Sonic CD re-release. I don't know why I didn't >.<
You didn't because it wasn't in any known game music format. Actually, it was in OGG Vorbis, which was packed in a never-before-seen .rsdk archive, and the loop points were stored separately in the game's level scripts. I and some other guys were halfway through reverse engineering it when Christian Whitehead, the developer of the re-release, flat out told us the loop points.

Well, that, and I called dibs on it like ten pages ago. :p

Anyways, Covarr, you should upload the tracks that are missing from the Sonic CD section.
EDIT: Oh. That's what you're doing.
Yeah, for starters I'm just uploading what's missing. As I mentioned before, some of what's labeled as "normal" loops is flat out wrong. Should I be uploading the new versions of those as well?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You didn't because it wasn't in any known game music format. Actually, it was in OGG Vorbis, which was packed in a never-before-seen .rsdk archive, and the loop points were stored separately in the game's level scripts. I and some other guys were halfway through reverse engineering it when Christian Whitehead, the developer of the re-release, flat out told us the loop points.

Well, that, and I called dibs on it like ten pages ago. :p
Yea. I believe I wanted to download the PS3's PKG, extract it, and look through for the music.

Thing is, I never got around to doing it :p
You probably knew this, but some guy over at Sonic Retro helped with the re-release (Taxman, I think).

Yeah, for starters I'm just uploading what's missing. As I mentioned before, some of what's labeled as "normal" loops is flat out wrong.
What do you mean by this? Have any examples?

Covarr

Smash Cadet
Yea. I believe I wanted to download the PS3's PKG, extract it, and look through for the music.
The rsdk format seems to have been used on all platforms for storing everything but the game's executable itself (so far has proven to be true on iOS, XBLA, and PSN, and will probably be the same on the Steam release). Probably a side-effect of Taxman using the same "Retro Engine" to develop all versions. Simply searching around in the PKG wouldn't have given you the music.

You probably knew this, but some guy over at Sonic Retro helped with the re-release (Taxman, I think).
Taxman and Christian Whitehead who I mentioned in my previous post are one and the same, and it was at Sonic Retro that the reverse engineering was done :p

What do you mean by this? Have any examples?
Palmtree Panic (JPN/PAL) is the most obvious. The first few measures of the brstm is not where the song starts in any version of the game, and until now that portion of the song hasn't been in any actual release. It was stored unused in the betas and actually used in the re-release to help the song loop, but even then it was only at the end, not the beginning.

A few others have similar issues, looping back to the wrong place or starting in the wrong place. These versions come from the JPN/PAL Looping Project by GeneHF, so LoHead isn't really to blame for this, but the problem is nonetheless there. What's more, since no previous version of the game had looping music at all except for the Past songs (it was all fadeout/E to S red book audio), any brstm not based on the 2011 version cannot possibly have a "normal" loop, only custom.

On the other hand, some of the songs in the JPN/PAL Looping Project turned out to be spot on identical to the new release. I haven't gone through yet and identified all of them as correct or incorrect, but for the ones that do match I suppose the custom loop is just as good as a normal loop, if not for all intents and purposes the same thing.

Segtendo, I noticed that you put up custom loops for most of the US present stages (though curiously not for Metallic Madness). You may want to see how they compare to mine (though I don't really take any credit, since all I did was fix them to comply with the 14336 rule, they were looped by Taxman).

I don't think I'm going to upload game soundtracks anymore. It's less fun when it already loops properly, so I'd rather stick to bizarre/unconventional stuff that needs custom loops. I only even did this one because I was in a hurry to get all the music that wasn't there already into my own copy of Brawl :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I meant, if being on vacation is the reason for not posting, and then you seem to be able to post to say you were.... on vacation, how did you not post on your computer then?

Now you're going to emphasize that you WERE on vacation but ARE not now, aren't you?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Just because you're on vacation doesn't mean you don't have a computer. It just might mean you're doing other stuff all the time.

And I found a bug that was making the loop type on some songs change to "doesn't loop," but I don't know what happened with the update changing the database for the the wrong song, so I enabled the mysql bin log for the moment. Let me know if that happens again.

Edit: And why did you approve this song? The file that was uploaded was exactly the same as the one that was already on the site.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/15494

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Just because you're on vacation doesn't mean you don't have a computer. It just might mean you're doing other stuff all the time.
Also, that's not what I said.
I said you don't post.
You said, I was on vacation.
I said how did you post?
You said, with a computer.

What I asked was why don't you post, if you have your computer with you?

You're probably going to say "I don't spend all my time on my own YouTube channel" or something.

Speaking of which, I sent you a couple of PMs on YouTube. I don't know if you read them, but I never got a response.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Also, that's not what I said.
I said you don't post.
You said, I was on vacation.
I said how did you post?
You said, with a computer.

What I asked was why don't you post, if you have your computer with you?

You're probably going to say "I don't spend all my time on my own YouTube channel" or something.

Speaking of which, I sent you a couple of PMs on YouTube. I don't know if you read them, but I never got a response.
That's because I posted here about them...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You mean the ones about Seggy wanting to know how to upload the videos to the BrawlBRSTMs account?
Why the **** am I constantly doing ****ing stupid things at the moment? Why don't I just stop ****ing posting and get off the mother****ing internet? No, the entire planet?
If I wasn't so ****ING stupid, I'd remember that you said that you simply have an extra button that you press, and that's your answer to how you upload videos.

Anyway:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/16066

Should this be approved? I know we have Tallon Overworld Depths, but this is a remastered version. And there are a few other songs where we have 'remastered versions' in addition to the original song.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
TUK, I believe he answered my question on how he can upload so easily.
There is no such file, I just get an extra column in the game list that I click to add the song to the upload queue, which you can view at that page I posted.

soneek

Smash Ace
Gonna be updating those songs I destroyed a while ago.

Edit: When I tried changing some songs to say Normal loop instead of Custom, that info wouldn't update. :/

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was wondering, do songs ever get rejected from BCM?
If they do, what happens with them?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Another of the many bugs on the site.
What exactly are these "many bugs" that the site has other than the update one? I just did a quick rewrite of some parts of the site, so I'm almost bound to have overlooked something. I'm traveling right now, so I'll have to look at it this evening.

:phone:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, moose? As you know, we have $94.84 towards the host. We haven't had any donations since December 18th. We should have enough for 2 more months, and be just over $10 short of a 4th month in total. Would we need more donations after 2 months? I.e. is the $35 per month a permanent per-month payment?

soneek

Smash Ace
Hey, moose? As you know, we have $94.84 towards the host. We haven't had any donations since December 18th. We should have enough for 2 more months, and be just over $10 short of a 4th month in total. Would we need more donations after 2 months? I.e. is the $35 per month a permanent per-month payment?
Donation link should be on the side of every page of the site IMO.

Just passed 1000 uploads. :awesome:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm gonna see if I can get Rayman Origins' music.
I have the Wii ISO, but I'm obtaining the Xbox 360 ISO right now.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I'm uploading that song on BCM

EDIT : If I merge a game section with another one, that means only the songs that were in the first game section will go in the next one ? Nothing else happens ? I just don't want to mess it up, since it's my first time doing this.
I want to merge this section with this one, but I don't want to mess up the "Other" section by accident.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Basically, if you go on the "Non-Game Music/Songs", and ask to merge with "Other", then you will have a single game entitled "Other".

Basically, if you want them to all be under "Other", you must merge "Non-Game Music/Songs" into "Other".
If you do it the other way, you'll get all the BRSTMs in "Non-Game Music/Songs"

A shorter way is that, when you merge two games, the merged game is the name of the game you merged a game INTO, not the game you've merged into something.

Game A merged into Game B = Game B
Game B merged into Game A = Game A

And yes, if there are 34 BRSTMs in "Game A" and 26 BRSTMs in "Game B", if you merge one into the other, you will get a single game with 60 BRSTMs.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And this is the part where I ask for pro advise:

1. I have this and this, I don't know if the full one sounds better than the shorter one (or if it sounds even good), I feel the loop is a bit off.

2. This one song... It is originally two choruses only. Editting it into the middle bridge was extremely easy, leading to the second chorus, but I wanted to loop it into the first one so the song could be as complete as possible, but in the end it was not as smooth as I wanted it to be, or at least for me it is not.

Feedback on those would be appreciated. :)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I see that the game was for the PS2 and DS.
Maybe obtain the ISO for the PS2 version and look for its music?
I already did, somebody complained that the quality sounded like poop.

EDIT: I've listened to the rejected song, and the original had the cracking. It had nothing to do with the song being too loud, it's part of the song.

soneek

Smash Ace
I already did, somebody complained that the quality sounded like poop.

EDIT: I've listened to the rejected song, and the original had the cracking. It had nothing to do with the song being too loud, it's part of the song.
Never got around to it. Is there a music folder or something on the actual disc, or any files that look like they would be the music? I might be able to extract something from sample files. I'm not sure if they'll sound better than what PSound gave you though.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Sounds nice, Seg !

Can anyone help me in finding the OST of Dragon Ball GT : Final Bout on the PSX ? There's no PSF files of this game and the only places that hosts MP3 files of the OST (KHInsider and Galbadia Hotel) don't have the character's theme songs :(

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Alaric, please for God's sake.... quote the post you're responding to. Don't keep typing "@whatever" all the time. It's not exactly hard to quote messages. On the post you're responding to, click the button that looks like this:

Then you'll see something like this:
some person said:
Some text

Top Bottom