• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
One. It's spamming. Get over it.
Two, he's a moderator. He can do what he wants. Don't you even THINK about telling him not to do something he's supposed to do! Heck, just because you've got autism, it does NOT mean you can use that to get away with anything. You can't just post 30 smilies and then basically hope that people will be like "Don't worry, you have autism, I won't permanently ban you because I feel sorry for you" -- it doesn't work like that!

You know what ELSE is spamming?
This: sahgeouhe$wrag<?mngjhsdfa,....
I only do that "thing" when I find out something, that I thought was impossible until that point, that really ticks me off. Besides, I think it'd be better than having me put a link to how I stuttered at the sight of the smiles being eliminated. In short, it's the only "appropriate way" I can think of for showing my reaction to it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What I want to know is why do you think you're so freaking special that you should be able to post multiple smilies in a row and then throw a tantrum when they're removed?

Also, yay, you actually quoted... see? It's not hard.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
What I want to know is why do you think you're so freaking special that you should be able to post multiple smilies in a row and then throw a tantrum when they're removed?

Also, yay, you actually quoted... see? It's not hard.
Maybe I should direct you to my deviantART journal once I have it set up to let you in on that, since I don't want this to go into another "off topic" conversation, like we did with the torrent.

As for the quoting thing, It's just so that you know that I'm trying to keep to the right post and to let you know that I'm quick to reply.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@Segtendo

sahgeouhe$wrag<?mngjhsdfa,.... How in the name of the Super Smash Series did you modify my post?!!!!! Seriously. Now that's just a big stab in the back!! I had just finished the boss fight against Silver, and was in a good mood, but then you had to destroy it. Thanks. :glare:
I moderate the entire Brawl Workshop General, so I can edit post anywhere in this section :V

Besides, I explained why I edited my post. Refrain to only a few smilies at a time.

Covarr

Smash Cadet
There's somebody who had tried to upload Brawl's OST on BCM O_O
As bizarrely amusing as the concept may seem, it could definitely have its uses. For example, if you wanna play Ai no Uta and Bramble Blast in Port Town Aero Dive. :p

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

How many is allowed? (Feel free to state how many I can have total per sentence, per paragraph, per person I'm speaking to, per "anything that you can think of" so that I have a heads up so that I don't overuse them in the future.)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'd go with a couple like 3 or 4 max cuz it gets annoying seeing, like, 20 of the same smilies over and over.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

Okay. I can understand that much. But is that in total, or for the total amount of the same smiley? I'd also like to know if it counts individually or in groups (cause I think that's what TUK's complaining about).

Yui Hirasawa

Smash Cadet
@TUK
That was a little test just to make sure I had proper permissions.

And anyway, the site layout is getting a redesign as there are quite a few layout bugs and some unused CSS classes lying around,
I'll post some pics first and talk with you guys about it before I publish it.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
@Yui Hirasawa
I tried to make you an admin on BCM, but apparently you used a different email than the one you've been emailing me with, but you have access to the database, so that shouldn't be a problem for you.

@TUK
I was going to make you an admin, but after that little stunt you recently pulled, I'm not so sure about that anymore unless you promise to attempt to control your temper better, both here and on YouTube. And that includes the excessive swearing. I don't want BrawlBRSTMs to suddenly start having random outbursts in its comments after I leave this evening.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Yui Hirasawa, do you know how to make BRSTMs ? If you don't, we the mods would be happy to give you an edge when it comes to these :awesome:

Moosey, I suppose you won't be able to lurk around this thread anymore after you've left, will you ? :(

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
@Yui Hirasawa
I tried to make you an admin on BCM, but apparently you used a different email than the one you've been emailing me with, but you have access to the database, so that shouldn't be a problem for you.

@TUK
I was going to make you an admin, but after that little stunt you recently pulled, I'm not so sure about that anymore unless you promise to attempt to control your temper better, both here and on YouTube. And that includes the excessive swearing. I don't want BrawlBRSTMs to suddenly start having random outbursts in its comments after I leave this evening.
I won't do anything like that again. And I will try to control my temper. If you still think I should or should not be an admin, I'm OK -- just as long as it doesn't involve that actual site's coding and stuff -- I'm assuming that's all Yui's problem right? Would it simply be being able to upload videos to the BrawlBRSTMs account, and whatever other things admins can do?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I won't do anything like that again. And I will try to control my temper. If you still think I should or should not be an admin, I'm OK -- just as long as it doesn't involve that actual site's coding and stuff -- I'm assuming that's all Yui's problem right? Would it simply be being able to upload videos to the BrawlBRSTMs account, and whatever other things admins can do?
Yes to your last and second to last questions.

Yui Hirasawa

Smash Cadet
Yui Hirasawa, do you know how to make BRSTMs ? If you don't, we the mods would be happy to give you an edge when it comes to these :awesome:

Moosey, I suppose you won't be able to lurk around this thread anymore after you've left, will you ? :(
Well, use the brawlbox method still to achieve seamless loops and stuff, not sure if there are newer methods though.

@moosehunter
Yeah, I used my alt for some reason.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Gee, it sure was rage in here for a while.

Also, to put it bluntly Alaric, your smiley habit is completely ridiculous. Look into more descriptive vocabulary if you need to find ways to express yourself. I can't help but imagine users who post with excessive emotes as nothing but children.

And you're missing the point of the whole "smiley restriction". It's not about cumulative or continuous use. You need to be more reserved in emote usage period. There's hardly enough reason to use one in most posts as it is.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Whoever made the bar at the top of BCM blue, cheers.
It's super sexy.
And you're missing the point of the whole "smiley restriction". It's not about cumulative or continuous use. You need to be more reserved in emote usage period. There's hardly enough reason to use one in most posts as it is.
Couldn't have said it better.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
@Yui
Did you have any questions before I left? I sent you an email with some information about the site.

@Everybody else
The Metroid Prime Series songs need to be checked. I accidently used the total number of samples in the original files as the end loop point instead of the actual loop point. In some songs it sounds kinda cool like MP3: Meta Ridley. I would just keep the improperly looped one here and add a properly looped one. But on some it results in a poorly looped song.

Those with access to the brawlbrstms Google account, read the youtube comments in gmail and star ones that need attention like I currently have. Among other things, if a song is looped improperly, people on YouTube will catch it.

Logos for the YouTube videos should be 1920x1080. I always get the best quality/highest resolution logo I can find on Google and modify the canvas size so that the resolution’s at a 16:9 ratio, and then resize it to 1920x1080 using the proper filter or whatever it's called.
If I can't find a logo, I do what I did with games like Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Gold. I took a snapshot of the game's title screen in an emulator, used Photoshop to make the picture wider, and then enlarged it using the nearest neighbor filter.
You'll have to give properly formatted logos to Yui to upload them.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Our duty to upload logos for Yui to use?
Check. I got some logos from the Phoenix Wright series in HQ.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Is the rahc 01 your standard "random letters to make your post the minimum number of characters so it can be posted"? Or is there a secret behind that thing?

Also, isn't adding songs to the play list tiresome?
*click on game*
*click song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*

etc?

Also what is that second option between "Logout" and "Admin Stuff"?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Is the rahc 01 your standard "random letters to make your post the minimum number of characters so it can be posted"? Or is there a secret behind that thing?

Also, isn't adding songs to the play list tiresome?
*click on game*
*click song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*
*click 'Add to YouTube'*
*go back*
*click next song*

etc?

Also what is that second option between "Logout" and "Admin Stuff"?
You're usually adding songs from only one game.

Awstats? It's a traffic software that I didn't put on the new server.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What do you mean from the same game? I though if you want to add songs from the same game, and there was say, 20 songs in there, don't you have to keep clicking on each song, pressing the button, then going back to the next song in the same game? Or is there something where you can just click buttons down a list or something that I'm not seeing?

Oh and can I go through your profile and add whatever requests (if available) have been made? For example recently a request for Kirby & The Amazing Mirror.
There are only 3 songs uploaded for that particular game, but if there are any requests and there are a significant amount of BRSTMs uploaded, I can add them to the queue right? It'll at least keep them happy, and you want your victims er... I mean loyal fans to be happy, right?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know... but if it did, what would I do? All I can think of is clicking on each song and going to each song's page then pressing 'the button' and then going back to the game's page, and THEN going to the next song's page, and then repeating.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I noticed.
It has an extra column :p -- so wait, would one be able to upload logos? One being myself?

If not, as long as it has a logo, I can add to YouTube right?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
There's something I'm confused. You said you put the loop end as the total number of samples? Isn't that what it should be?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I always though that the end of the loop was the total number of samples in the BRSTM. It seems you actually put the "loop end" as what would be the total number of samples, plus the loopstart.
Like if the loop should have been 14336 to 500000 or something, you would have put 514336.
So, if I subtracted your loop start from the loop end you put, that's what it should be right?
So for Meta Ridley you have:
Start Loop Point: 315,392
End Loop Point: 2,166,241

So if I subtract 315,392 from 2,166,241 that is what the End Loop Point should be, right?

Top Bottom