• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
TUK, would you happen to know about a guy named "antonio342100" on Youtube, would you?
He says you blocked him or something.

I PM'd him earlier, and here's his response.
You wouldn't mind telling them about this. I seriously love the channel and to be blocked is like someone telling you **** off. Please tell them.
I also have more logos.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
767 - Super Mario 3D Land
I beat you, Seggy.

Also here's a few logos.

Remember Yui. After you've downloaded them, when you upload them to the site, they MUST be uploaded as the exact name as is listed here.
http://h8.abload.de/img/supermariorpgt0ra.png -- rename this to 41.png
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/027/8/2/donkey_kong_country_logo_ii_by_ggrock70-d386mli.png -- rename this to 100.png
http://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/gallery/wario-land-shake-it/080625shakeit3.jpg -- rename this to 160.png
http://www.dkvine.com/games/dkc2/logo_big.jpg -- rename this to 62.png
http://www.dkvine.com/games/dkc3/logo_big.jpg -- rename this to 103.png
http://projectumbrella.net/files/logo.jpg -- rename this to 426.png

Also, as you may know, there are some that have already been uploaded, which need to be renamed:
3ftHP.png -- rename this to 107.png
hzEuH.png -- rename this to 77.png
P6auT.png -- rename this to 249.png
rwKdu.png -- rename this to 56.png

Also, on the "About Me" page, just for those who are audiophiles and stuff, maybe you might want to mention that:
The MP3 files are all 44.1 kHz, and between 80 and 160 kbps VBR?

Also, since you mentioned how BRSTM is short for Binary Revolution Stream, why not mention that MP3 in it's absolute completely expanded form, is short for:
Moving Picture Experts Group Phase 1 or 2 Audio Layer III :D j/k
I also posted a few logos.... ages ago.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yes, you provided it, but you didn't make it into its proper size :p

I also have logos for Mario Party 9 and Sonic 4: Episode 2 ready :cool:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Is that the official Sonic 4: Episode 2 logo? Not a fan-made logo? :D

Also, Seggy? I need help :(
superman1234393 has sent me no more than 11 PMs on BrawlBRSTMs account within the last 2 days with requests.... what do I do?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Just heard about other file hosting sites. Wtf...
I know, right?
I mean. Jesus christ. They don't give up.

Also, they have an FLAC gamerip of Rayman Origins. I heard the game's music had to be pieced together. I don't think I'm gonna do that. I can just make BRSTMs of the FLACs. The game is really good. It need some representation on the site.

soneek

Smash Ace
I know, right?
I mean. Jesus christ. They don't give up.

Also, they have an FLAC gamerip of Rayman Origins. I heard the game's music had to be pieced together. I don't think I'm gonna do that. I can just make BRSTMs of the FLACs. The game is really good. It need some representation on the site.
Yeah, I would hate to see anything happen to Mediafire. :mad:

Oh alright sweet. I still have to try it out. The last Rayman game I played was The Great Escape on N64 lol.

Yesss God of War is finally on Youtube.

And here's a Banjo-Tooie logo for TUK. Just needs to be renamed to 260.png if Yui adds it before finishing his upload logo script.
[collapse=Banjo-Tooie]
[/collapse]

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Okay, so the FLAC gamerip of Rayman Origins is down on FFShrine and Raytuness. V:
I'll ask the guy on FFShrine to reupload it.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I wonder why nobody bothered with Elite Beat Agents before.

Also, I had to admit, You're The Inspiration required me to perform a very hacky solution.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I wonder why nobody bothered with Elite Beat Agents before.

Also, I had to admit, You're The Inspiration required me to perform a very hacky solution.
I've never played it. :urg:
I know of it though.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I sometimes ask myself, why do people always make the loop too long? Especially if you're done with a five second loop?

I mean, it's not like fifteen more seconds of "My name is Doof and you'll do what I say, WHOOP WHOOP" adds anything special to it.

That's how some of my EBA loops are fairly short compared to the songs themselves, which are mostly around three minutes. The average brawl only lasts for about two minutes anyway, so what's the point in making it longer?

Oh, I actually wanted to ask if it would be possible to make the names of the BRSTM creators clickable, so that it links to their profiles? I like to compare the amount of BRSTMs I made with others.

Might also be fun to make a list of creators.

soneek

Smash Ace
Oh, I actually wanted to ask if it would be possible to make the names of the BRSTM creators clickable, so that it links to their profiles? I like to compare the amount of BRSTMs I made with others.

Might also be fun to make a list of creators.
The user names are clickable on individual song pages.

soneek

Smash Ace
Should we change game names to match US PAL titles? Like changing Soul Edge to Soul Blade, and Xenoblade to Xenoblade Chronicles?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Or we should have something that shows alternate names for different regions?
So when you click on something like "Kirby's Return to Dream Land", on that games page, it should say something like:
Also known as:
Hoshi no Kirby Wii (Japan)
Kirby's Adventure Wii (Europe and Australia)

Also who are you referring to when you say they make the loops too long? The people who make BRSTMs and upload them to BCM?

Covarr

Smash Cadet
I sometimes ask myself, why do people always make the loop too long? Especially if you're done with a five second loop?

I mean, it's not like fifteen more seconds of "My name is Doof and you'll do what I say, WHOOP WHOOP" adds anything special to it.

That's how some of my EBA loops are fairly short compared to the songs themselves, which are mostly around three minutes. The average brawl only lasts for about two minutes anyway, so what's the point in making it longer?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you saying that there's no point in using the entire song, for songs longer than two minutes? I don't really do tournaments, but my friends and I usually play 5 minutes, 15 stock, so having the entire song without bits unnecessarily cut is quite nice.

Or are you referring to songs where the actual audio data is repeated, rather than looping the first time? I'm pretty sure the My Name Is Doof that I uploaded only contains the main loop once, so if this is what you mean then I'm not sure why you used it as an example. I agree that it would be ridiculous to include three or four repeats in the file itself rather than just letting the loop point handle it.

soneek

Smash Ace
Or we should have something that shows alternate names for different regions?
So when you click on something like "Kirby's Return to Dream Land", on that games page, it should say something like:
Also known as:
Hoshi no Kirby Wii (Japan)
Kirby's Adventure Wii (Europe and Australia)

Also who are you referring to when you say they make the loops too long? The people who make BRSTMs and upload them to BCM?
That would be cool too, almost like a Wiki. maybe we could have a list of the composers too along with publishers for some games.

In regards to the whole thing about songs being too long, such as looping later than the earliest point, is why I like streamed music with loop data in them. It saves the trouble of listening for subtle changes, so as to not miss any piece of the song.

Some streams sound like crap though, so for some stuff I used the OST versions, but took loop points from the streams. It's always nice when the soundtrack songs start fading soon after the loop point though.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I usually try and have my custom loop points for ones that aren't originally streamed, or at least ones that don't have loop points already, to be as early as possible.
Some tunes may naturally have awkward loop points that start ridiculously late.
Take "Lair of the Blind Ones" from the N64 version of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/4850

The earliest loop start I could find was 4:57.
The full loop is 4:57 - 12:00, that is, it has an intro of just under 5 minutes, and a loop of just over 12 minutes.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
There's a problem with the playlists.... particularly Twilight Princess. There are only 200 videos allowed in a playlist, and some games have over 200 songs in them. The bad thing is there's no easy way of knowing which songs were not added to the playlist.
The only way I can see that would fix this problem would be to alter the script that uploads the videos so that, if a playlist has 200 videos already, it creates another playlist called "[Game Name] Music Extended Part 2" or "Part 3" if it gets over 400 videos altogether, etc.

DarkAceZ

Smash Cadet

We do use these brstms for other games too...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
There's a reason why in most every game the loop is almost always around two minutes. One is to save disc space, the other is because nobody is actually going to actively listen to the background music, especially if it's over two minutes long, three tops.

By the way, the saving disc space is also why I downsample the songs to 32000 Hz.

In other news, there are some songs in Elite Beat Agents that I haven't converted yet, simply because they are simple jingles that don't loop at all. Some are even just the sound effects. What I'm saying is, how big does the logo has to be?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That's not what he means, unless I'm wrong.

What I think he means is is a song loops from 0:05 to 0:17, then looping it from 0:05 to 0:29, or 0:05 to 1:03 for example, is pointless.

soneek

Smash Ace
What I think he means is is a song loops from 0:05 to 0:17, then looping it from 0:05 to 0:29, or 0:05 to 1:03 for example, is pointless.
That's what I assumed too.

I've actually been setting up manual loops lately for the Golden Sun, Star Ocean, and Valkyrie Profile stuff. The waveforms are pretty nice with the exception of VP 2, which takes a few tries to get a loop that doesn't pop. I just wish there was another program like Zero-X out there available.

The latest streams I have are for Tales of Graces, but I'm lazy and don't feel like tagging the rest atm. :p

For the games with over 200 songs, we could always manually add the remaining songs to a Part 2 playlist. Twilight Princess and Brawl are the only games that we would need to do it for, but Brawl might be under 200 if we leave out non-original songs.

soneek

Smash Ace
Same here with PokePark 2. I have everything converted, but I barely know where anything goes. I got what I have so far from watching some gameplay on Youtube.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So...
Pac-Man Party for the Wii uses BRSTMs.
The files were pretty easy to tag cuz many of the files had simple names, like "grassland_approach_disaster" or something.
Best part? I'm almost done tagging. Got a couple more. Also got a logo.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hooray.... also remember that problem I was having with the DKC soundtracks being too quiet? Well hopefully, assett1 from FFShrine's remastering and stuff has made it loud enough to be used in Brawl, as a match BGM -- comparing it to the actual BRSTMs in Brawl, the volume is pretty much identical (if not just slightly louder :p) -- What do you think?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/update/1459

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Well, once the problem is fixed, I'll then resume gathering the files In the mean time, if you guys want to, I think that having a few BRSTMs from the Star Wars universe would be something the site could use, once it's back online. (Yeah, the site lacks a good amount of Star Wars BRSTMs, and the Star Wars soundtrack is usually extremely good.)

Top Bottom