• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Fighting the Gorog

YOU WANT IT?!

Don't push me on uploads again if you'd like me to do any more requests for you. I'm at a point where if someone rubs me the wrong way with these, I'm not doing requests for them. This period since the incident has really tested my patience and made me actually reconsider doing BRSTM's anymore. If I'm angered any more with these or anything related to them, I think I'll shut down the Factory. I'm not kidding, either. I'm almost at my breaking point.

EDIT: Uploading my Halo stuff now. I'm saying start-end loops for all of them, if some aren't custom loops that I didn't catch, could you guys fix that for me? Thanks in advance. Most of them are start-end, though.
Sorry. I tend to get excited about certain soundtrack being uploaded to the point that I get all jumpy about it. Next time I send a request, I'll do my best to avoid bugging you guys about it too much. (If you guys want to help me recognize that I'm asking about a request too much, just let me know on a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being not a problem for anyone and 10 being to the point of where everyone's upset about my asking and,..., you know what I mean, since darksamus77 mentioned what he'd do at that level. This way, it will be easier for me to avoid bugging you to heck.) Anyway, thanks for the file. Wasn't what I had in mind, but it's a good "melody" brstm (like the "Death Egg Robot" melody brstm for Sonic Generation). Thanks again. Later.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I see. Now that you've mentioned those examples, has anyone out there got some brstms from the games that aren't very full (like only 1 to 5 brstms, if any at all) to upload? Some of the guys here have suggested getting them uploaded onto the site so they aren't as bare as they are.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, of all of you guys making brstms for the site, do any of you own the game "Star Wars the force unleashed 2" by any chance?

Covarr

Smash Cadet
By that, I mean, are they stored as MP3s (like for example, Sonic 3D and Sonic R on the Saturn)?
Umm, what? MP3 is not redbook.

Red Book Audio means that the music is coming from CD audio tracks. Typically, the first track will have the game, and the rest will have the music.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

Are you saying that, of the main brstm suppliers, none of them have played "Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2"? (I really don't want to put a youtube to what I had in mind from it if I don't have to.)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@Segtendo

Are you saying that, of the main brstm suppliers, none of them have played "Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2"? (I really don't want to put a youtube to what I had in mind from it if I don't have to.)
I'm saying that I've never played it.
Not sure about the others.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Well, I did ask everyone out there that question. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anyone has played it so that I don't have to post a link to a youtube for what I had in mind.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Even if I did play the game, I'm more of an old-obscure-DOS-games-nobody-ever-played BRSTM maker.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Umm, what? MP3 is not redbook.

Red Book Audio means that the music is coming from CD audio tracks. Typically, the first track will have the game, and the rest will have the music.
Yeah, I know that. I just said MP3, as in "not streamed with loop points like BRSTM, AST, etc" ... it doesn't make sense I know, but, basically, by MP3 I meant "CD audio". I should have probably said "CD audio" as opposed to MP3.
That being said:
"The Saturn and PC versions' soundtrack was composed by Richard Jacques, and is stored as Red Book audio."

On the actual disk, what is the format for the audio files? MP3? CDA? CDDA even?

Covarr

Smash Cadet
That being said:
"The Saturn and PC versions' soundtrack was composed by Richard Jacques, and is stored as Red Book audio."

On the actual disk, what is the format for the audio files? MP3? CDA? CDDA even?
Are you referring to Sonic 3D Blast or Sonic R? In Sonic 3D Blast, it's definitely CD-DA; I remember I often listened to this game with the original disc in my walkman some years ago. I can't speak for Sonic R, since my PC copy was a misprint with no music whatsoever, but I assume it also uses CD-DA simply because I can't imagine such a misprint being possible if it was audio files in the data track's filesystem, whereas it's easy as hell to mess up a mixed-mode CD.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That quote, from Wikipedia was about Sonic 3D Blast. I assumed Sonic R was also CD-DA.

Also, is there a difference between CDA (CD Audio) and CD-DA (CD Digital Audio)?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I can probably get Bowser's Inside Story up by tonight.
I found loop points for everything that needed a loop.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
By that, I mean, are they stored as MP3s (like for example, Sonic 3D and Sonic R on the Saturn)?
I believe that's the case for all of the Halo games, yes...I mean, I haven't ever dismantled the data on the discs to find out if that's the case, but I believe so.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@darksamus

Really, you can do that?

Anyhow, out of curiosity, have you ever played "Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2" and completed it?

Covarr

Smash Cadet
Also, is there a difference between CDA (CD Audio) and CD-DA (CD Digital Audio)?
CD-DA is the actual disc audio tracks. CDA is a filesystem representation of that same thing; it's just what the OS actually displays if you try to look at your music CD in a file browser. In actuality, CDA files do not actually exist on the disc, the OS is just showing you them based on the CD's metadata to make things "simpler".

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Good evening guys ! I'm back from Poitiers with a new laptop on my hand !

I am trying my best to handle the new MSN right now, but I'm okay ! I'm also redownloading Winamp and Audacity to go back to making BRSTMs :awesome:

EDIT : Is this high-quality enough to be worthy of a BRSTM ?
It's pretty good quality, I think.

The info, according to Winamp for the MP3 file in the link in the description is:
Payload Size: 7634024 bytes ()
Header found at: 1195796 bytes ()
Enc Delay: 576
Zero Padding: 2259
Length: 190 seconds (3:10)
Format: MPEG-1 layer 3 (MP3)
Bit rate: 320 kbps
Frames: 7306
Sample rate: 44100 Hz, Joint Stereo
CRC: No
Copyrighted: No
Original: Yes
Emphasis: None

In short:
MP3, 320 kbps, 44100 Hz, Joint Stereo

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Damn it.

I got some songs stuck in processing V:

I'll wait it out. I wanna update the old Bowser's Inside Story BRSTMs before uploading the missing ones.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Do you know why there aren't many videos being uploaded?

It's called TWENTY-THREE DAYS... 23 god damned freaking days... of people, who are possibly either busy, or just lazy, not uploading the damned logos. Seriously, it's like February 12th here in Europe. The last update to any logos was January 20th!

Also, Alaric, stop spamming. No one freaking CARES!

Also, go to BrawlBRSTMs profile <_<.

I have disabled it. I will re-enable it, in 8 minutes from the original time this post was posted. This is what will happen if anyone continues to spam the comments with useless rubbish -- however, it may be for longer, until I feel like letting people in.

Also, Seg, did you upload Ape Escape 1 and 3 logos? Also, can someone do the BRSTMs for the rest of Ape Escape 1, 2 and 3? Maybe 'that prick' will shut up then. Also, I'm keeping his money.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Ttails: UPLOAD APE ESCAPE! GIVE ME MY ****ING MONEY BACK, *****!

Aesthetiiic: UPLOAD APE ESCAPE! GIVE ME MY ****ING MONEY BACK, *****!

Coincidence? I think not.

soneek

Smash Ace
If he wants Ape Escape so badly, he can make the brstms himself...and then we could reject them XD.

Seriously though, he's so whiney.

Top Bottom