• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

BrawlerJesse

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrawlerJesse
I've noticed that the brawlcustommusic site has been having problems now and again. I've come across this thread and I've done a bit of reading. So basically the site's down because no one's been donating any money? Or are there other problems that are occurring? Hope everything works out for the best!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I've noticed that the brawlcustommusic site has been having problems now and again. I've come across this thread and I've done a bit of reading. So basically the site's down because no one's been donating any money? Or are there other problems that are occurring? Hope everything works out for the best!
Welcome to SmashBoards! I'm darksamus77, head of the BRSTM Factory, where you can request songs to be made into BRSTM's. If you need a song to be converted to a BRSTM, just let me know!

The server costs $30-$40 a month, so we have to donate each month for the site to remain afloat. It'll have problems when the donations need to be collected again. I appreciate your concern and well wishes, though

BrawlerJesse

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrawlerJesse
Welcome to SmashBoards! I'm darksamus77, head of the BRSTM Factory, where you can request songs to be made into BRSTM's. If you need a song to be converted to a BRSTM, just let me know!

The server costs $30-$40 a month, so we have to donate each month for the site to remain afloat. It'll have problems when the donations need to be collected again. I appreciate your concern and well wishes, though
Alright, I understand now, thanks! Hopefully there will be some people to help with the donations soon.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, darksamus77, just like they came every day for the last 3 weeks...

Seriously that's stupid. The donation link has been on the YouTube channel for months, it was never removed until about 2 days ago. No one bothered to donate for a full 3 freaking weeks. I even mentioned that the donations needed to be in by February 13th.... still no one bothers. So now when the site is down, or whatever, people start complaining... (I'm not talking about you, BrawlerJesse, but other people on YouTube). THOSE people, are idiots. Why? Because they want the site, but don't donate. They know it needs money to keep it running. How do they know? Because it says so in the description... and everyone reads the description...

Oh....... wait..... no they don't.

"Don't request music I can't upload"
Hey, can you extend the soundtrack to Final Fantasy XVI?

"The site is down because it needs donations"
Hey, why is the site down?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Yeah, darksamus77, just like they came every day for the last 3 weeks...

Seriously that's stupid. The donation link has been on the YouTube channel for months, it was never removed until about 2 days ago. No one bothered to donate for a full 3 freaking weeks. I even mentioned that the donations needed to be in by February 13th.... still no one bothers. So now when the site is down, or whatever, people start complaining... (I'm not talking about you, BrawlerJesse, but other people on YouTube). THOSE people, are idiots. Why? Because they want the site, but don't donate. They know it needs money to keep it running. How do they know? Because it says so in the description... and everyone reads the description...

Oh....... wait..... no they don't.

"Don't request music I can't upload"
Hey, can you extend the soundtrack to Final Fantasy XVI?

"The site is down because it needs donations"
Hey, why is the site down?
Well, on IRC, Soneek said he was going to donate soon, he just had to put money in the bank. I haven't donated because I've had 2.77 in my acount, but that'll change tomorrow. Hopefully, a lot will change tomorrow...but that's one for a rainy day. I can't believe how much Ttails fails at being a troll. I wouldn't ever give him his Ape Escape music. What a prick.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Hack Attack

Upload? I haven't "uploaded" anything for a few days.
If what you're saying is true, then we've got a hacker in our midst, and his name is Ttailss. This could be why the donation button disappeared. Ttailss doesn't want us to make any donations until his requests are done. I think we should ensure that the trap goes successfully and get the info we need to block Ttailss' IP address and make a new set of passwords to keep him at bay.

soneek

Smash Ace
There should've been a donation of $15 so far. Somebody named mermi came into IRC and said they would help out, so I'm gonna reward them by looping Crash Bandicoot. :p Their YouTube name is AnimeMoviePro

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What the ****ing hell is Alaric talking about? The donation disappeared? How had it disappeared?

Hey, Alaric? Incase you haven't noticed.... there's this thing... it's called "You can edit your own description". Has it ever occurred that I was the one who edited the description and removed the donation link? No. You just accuse Ttailss of everything. You don't even have a freaking clue what you're talking about...

And what the **** is Segtendo talking about? My latest upload? What upload? My definition of upload is "transferring a file from my computer to somewhere else, such as uploading a video to YouTube, uploading a file to a file host, or whatever" -- I don't know what the hell you mean by "upload", and what my 'latest upload' has to do with Ttailss.

Also, I've heard of AnimeMoviePro -- I believe they've sent some comments both on the videos and in the profile in the past.

Oh and... who was the last person to use the channel? Because someone added the IRC link in the 'About Me' section, and also changed it to that ****ty new layout.

As for donations...

The most recent donation was February 26, 2012, by someone called Marie Dunne... this was about 4 minutes before the post... I'm assuming this is AnimeMoviePro. The donation amount was, after the fee, £9.46. Originally £10.00 -- or equivalently $15.741 (or $15.74 if you round it).

In total, we now have $19.84 -- we still need $18.04 at least.

AS for the status of the actual payment, it's basically waiting for the payment.

So, as soon as enough money is in, we can pay. Although, I should remind you... you shouldn't just stop donating as soon as the money's paid. That's the problem. People donate only when it NEEDS it... and then it gets paid, and then it needs to be donated again. If people just kept donating, it'd be easier.

soneek

Smash Ace
We need to set up a solid system, like if you donate a certain amount of money, we do a certain amount of requests for you. We'll just have to keep track of who is who.

And we were only idle cause the room wasn't too full yet. Doesn't mean we're not there :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Whoops.
I actually did think it was an upload.

Also...
I never changed the channel.....
It might have been either hiddends, or soneek. There are more than one user who has access to this channel -- basically, all the mods or admins. This isn't like a 'personal YouTube account', it's essentially a shared account between the 'staff members' of the site. I know for a fact that I never added that bit about joining the IRC chatroom, so it's probably one of them.
TUK, we couldn't have changed it since you said you changed the password and we never got the new one.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Ijah maybe?

I mean, he knows the password cuz you were the one who changed it to stop the uploads and he was the one who had to edit the script for the uploads.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I might do a few custom-looped TV themes... possibly of the type aimed at younger people... if you get what I mean...

:D

But I'll also do some video game BRSTMs as well, obviously.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well a whole load of things.

Also, we're still short of our target... but how short? Well..... basically, we need $37.88, and we have $37.41

In otherwords, we need just 47 cents.... JUST 47 CENTS! $0.47!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So now we have a grand total of.... *drumroll*

$54.53

Why? Because the person who sent £12, sent another £10 before you sent the £1.89 (lulz).

But remember, if we subtract $37.88 from that, that leaves us with $16.65

Which means we'll need to raise another $21.23 by March 13th.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Now the only thing I have never been able to do... how the **** do you actually pay?

Ijah did it last time.... but I don't have a clue what the heck he did.

You'd THINK that it's a simple case of "Pay now"... but NO! Unless it takes more than 20 minutes to process.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
What's with "request reimbursement"? I thought that was Alaric's bounty joke, not something that would actually happen...

EDIT: Think I'll start on my spree today. Not sure when they'll be finished, but I'll get started on it, and see how far I get in one day.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
The person I mentioned donated a lot to the site, so I offered to take requests for them.
Well, if you need help, you can send a few my way. Or, if someone else wants reimbursement, I'll take care of them for you guys.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I also have a question, if any one is ****ing on the ****ing forums:

Your response to this statement by AnimeMoviePrick:

"Okay, what I really don't understand is why you, BrawlBRSTMs, cannot just pay the rest of the fee off. It is only $21.23 and it is YOUR website after all. I have given you $15.84 towards the site and I don't even own it. I donated in the hopes that your website would be back online but I was sorely disappointed. I won't be donating again at this rate..."

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I also have a question, if any one is ****ing on the ****ing forums:

Your response to this statement by AnimeMoviePrick:

"Okay, what I really don't understand is why you, BrawlBRSTMs, cannot just pay the rest of the fee off. It is only $21.23 and it is YOUR website after all. I have given you $15.84 towards the site and I don't even own it. I donated in the hopes that your website would be back online but I was sorely disappointed. I won't be donating again at this rate..."
I understand this viewpoint. I don't think I would donate that much per time if I knew it wouldn't affect the site being up either...I think your previous post is everyone's sentiments right now. If we knew how to pay the host, we could just donate right to that, maybe...just a thought

Top Bottom