• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I'm getting an error
Using 1.1?
What is the filename of the mp3?
Are there any weird characters in the pathname/filename?

EDIT: I just fixed a bug caused by flies with missing ID3 Tags for artist and song title, but other tags like disc number :p

UPDATE:
Heres what ive added today so far.

You can now drop .brstms into the library folder and the program will read them in.
You can know edit artist and title names so you can clear up any "UNKNOWN" entries.
You can now export the SD list to the clipboard, for posting on a site :p
TODO: Add progress bar for hashing SD brstms, its starting to take almost 20 seconds with the
amount of customs I have.
TODO: SD->Library
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=27737

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Could you make it so it can launch the .brstm files from our SD card and play them on Winamp? Just so it would be easier to tell which song is which. Then we could edit the song's info and put in the real song name.

Great work so far though

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Ochobobo, I just finished implementing playing of brstms.

I did it the lazy way.
I used the test.exe from the vgmstream project to dump the brstm to a wav, then play it, then delete the wav on program exit :p
Double clicking on a row now plays it.
The program plays the original mp3 if you have it on your comp though :p

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
I appreciate all your work :)

Made the entire process of what Kitty Corp had into child's play :)

No more Audacity needed... XD

(Although for making looping smoother I guess it is ._.)

I'm still looking forward to Custom looping though...

I don't want to download Goldwave, and Audacity with their old process is a complete pain, I can't figure out how to do it with its sample labels ._.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
@shadowofchaos725
Even when I implement custom looping, you will still need to use audacity or another program to get the loop sample #s.

@rocklee10
The first video is a video of me using the program, the second video is a video of the custom songs in action.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
To be honest, if you are that lost on using a program like this, I'm not sure how to help.
I'm not sure what you are having trouble with, or how much you understand about what you are trying to do :p

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, if your that lost as to not be able to understand my problem, I will go elswhere. Thank you for your time. (:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
No one else has asked such an open ended question as to how to use the program as you. I've already had 20+ people contact me about the program, and other than people who found bugs, NO ONE has had any problems figuring out the program on their own.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Everyone els can use YouTube <.< Sorry, I've only had THC for a week, I don't even know how do add codes yet, my friend put the Brawl+ codes in for me o.O

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If you are gonna complain about the program being hard to use, at least tell me where you got stuck or something.

UPDATE:
Squashed the bug that caused mp3's to fail if the filename contained special characters.
Successfully converted "02 - Ryu☆ - THE Safari -Ryu☆remix-.mp3"

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
LOL, of course audacity is gonna be needed to fix up the ends to loop the song smoothly, especially if it fades out at the end...

Though I can use the program, I suck at finding where the sample loop point would be if I used Androu's tool in conjunction with Audacity...

I REALLY don't want to download Goldwave just so I can find the sample number where it should loop... Do you know how to do that with Audacity?

Well enough about my complaints...

Your GUI is insanely helpful, and I would like to thank you for all your hard work on this :)

*Waits patiently for custom looping*

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
This is awesome, fix the ID3 tag problem and let me drag and drop my songs in and we're looking at the perfect brawl music machine!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
ID3 Tag problem is fixed.
Theres still a bug with weird filenames(You can convert them, and add them to SD, but they won't play if you double click them)
Drag and drop is in, too.
EDIT:Will release tonight

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
May I request an OPTION (you can even have it off by default if you want) of allowing you to save the brstms in a folder of your choice instead of forcing you to use the SD card file structure? When I'm using the other programs I sometimes save the songs in a "music" folder in my documents for songs that I've converted but I haven't decided which stages to play them on (or if I just converted them for other people and don't plan on using them myself). With this, I either have to save them straight to my SD card, or have it create the private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm directory inside my music folder. Either way, it's a lot of unnecessary clicking to navigate to the songs. I know that you're trying to make this as simple as simple as possible for people to convert songs and use them quickly, but this might be a good alternative option for people who want to do it that way.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I keep stumbling upon newer and newer music programs :) Well, I might as well thank you now. You and SSR are doing a great service to us all. I finally get the sample stuff too! It can't be any number, but a multiple of 14336. It took me a while just to figure how to change the display from hh:mm:ss to samples on audacity >.>

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I have a question, where are the temp files stored in while the program's converting the BRTSMs?
Just wondering since I'm using a netbook, and my C Drive doesn't have much space (and by not much space, like 10MB sometimes even because of the Internet cache) due to me not tweaking it right at install.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I have a question, where are the temp files stored in while the program's converting the BRTSMs?
Just wondering since I'm using a netbook, and my C Drive doesn't have much space (and by not much space, like 10MB sometimes even because of the Internet cache) due to me not tweaking it right at install.

All of the temp files are stored....in the tmp folder!
After creating each BRSTM, the tmp folder is wiped.
EDIT
with 20+ songs on my sd, the program now has a 20 second startup time...with no progress bar :p
Maybe in 1.3

Dantarion

Smash Champion
TODO:
SD->Library (Should be easy, nothing more than just copying the file really)
Looping
- Adding 3 editable columns to the Add queue window
-- Loop Checkbox
-- Loop Start Sample #
-- Loop End Sample #

I am also gonna add code to read generated brstms to see if they loop or not, and the sample #'s
I also want to store what version of the program was used to generate the brstms in the library.xml.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Also, can you have it so that you can make .brstm's even if you have the same .brstm on your computer? sometimes you want to have the same song for one or more stages. -.-

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, does this break the need to edit the song manually with Audacity or any other sound editor program to convert it properly to brstm?

Also, will this work with a Mac? (I'm not sure if I can download that framework thing.)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Quick question, does this break the need to edit the song manually with Audacity or any other sound editor program to convert it properly to brstm?

Also, will this work with a Mac? (I'm not sure if I can download that framework thing.)
1: Not at all, it is automatic.
2: No it will not, because it is coded with Windows commands.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I still have the same problem as with v1.1. I select a mp3 file, the progress quickly goes up to "Decoding MP3 Left Channel", then that window closes. Nothing is added to the library and I'm left with is a .wav of the left channel that is not even the full song. I'm pretty the issue's on my end but I have no idea what to do.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Hm....
I notice that youre in France.
Does your pathname where the program is contain any non-ansi characters?
I am going to add a log file to 1.3 so that when something goes wrong, you can post the log in here and it should explain how far along the process got :p

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Thank you very much Dantarion for all of your hard work! I'm downloading this program right now, I can't believe you don't need to use audacity first (unless you want to clean up the song) that's awesome! :D

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Okay so I still have the same problem as with v1.1. I select a mp3 file, the progress quickly goes up to "Decoding MP3 Left Channel", then that window closes. Nothing is added to the library and I'm left with is a .wav of the left channel that is not even the full song. I'm pretty the issue's on my end but I have no idea what to do.
I'm actually having the same problem, and I'm not in France. I know for sure the songs I'm trying to convert are stereo ( I checked with audacity). The artist, song title, and other parameters are filled out. Maybe it's my OS? I don't know, but I guess I'll wait for the log file to determine what exactly is wrong.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
You just click on it :p
And yeah, I need to put a stop button :p

@The people having problems, upload the offending mp3 someplace and let me test it

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Downloaded mp3, absolutely no problems.
What path do you have the program stored at?
The full path, i.e. I have the program stored at
C:\Users\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Brawl-Tools\BCSM-GUI\bin\Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom