• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Just got almost everything ready for 1.5 release.

I just wanted to post something in here, although im a bit late
528 downloads of 1.4
360 downloads of 1.3
197 downloads of 1.2
34 downloads of 1.1
-----------------------------
Thats right 1,119 downloads!
Thanks everyone :p

After I work out all the bugs, I am going to start work on something thats almost the same thing, except...FOR CUSTOM TEXTURES + CSP's!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Define can't.
Now, I believe there are two versions of the .net framework 3.5 installer.
Theres.
1) The online installer, which downloads stuff from microsoft inside the installer, and has a really small filesize, and..
2) The offline installer, which has a huge filesize, but doesn't download during the install.

Ill have to get links to both, but please expain why you can't download .net framework 3.5

EDIT
If the installer has trouble downloading files, try the FULL install.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah sorry, i'll be more specific.

What happens is it pretty much just stops downloading and says "error occured while downloading" or something so. :/

Anyways, i'll try downloading that one.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Okay, that link doesn't work either. >.<

I like how much detail it gives you about the error.

"An error occurred during setup." oh ok. gg.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Hm..
What version of windows are you running?
I was unaware that building apps on top of .NET Framework was gonna be an issue with people wanting to use my apps.

JackCorvus

Smash Rookie
Dan, you are my second god.

Now I can convert MP3s without that stupid .brstm converter I used to use turning Megaman Starforce songs into the Super Mario RPG Victory Theme or a Golden Sun Battle song.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Hm..
What version of windows are you running?
I was unaware that building apps on top of .NET Framework was gonna be an issue with people wanting to use my apps.
There are plenty of programs that utilize this "engine" if you will...

Since Victra is having issues downloading I can just upload the .exe to megaupload and give you guys the link. :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQNE12C9 <--- Hopefully that works for ya

Maybe you can put the link on the front page as an alternative for some people who are having similar issues.

And lastly I should thank you for investing your time to develop this program, it really is convenient, although it has a few bugs those can easily be fixed with upgrades. I suggest when you get a stable enough version you post it on Kittycorp and other smash hacking sites so it gets more exposure. I'm pretty sure A LOT of people would want this.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Victra is having problem INSTALLING .Net 3.5, not downloading.

Its already posted on kittycorp, and a few other places.
(I check who refers people to the downloads)
I do need to have it posted other places, I'm just laaaaazy and busssssy

Dantarion

Smash Champion
1.5 is outtttttttt
new brstms should be louderer.
a few bugfixes, and major changes to the way data is stored.
EDIT
Left the download counts from my blog in when I copypasta'd, o well, im sleepy

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Is it possible for your next version to include:
'Log' of some sort.
In other words, with the brstm converter being twiqued, and other features, it would be good for me to be able to recreate songs with the previous loop/other data without having to remember/find again the optimum loop points.
So a log.txt (or similar) that has
Date Time "Filename.mp3" converted; Looped at x and y, title: Artist - Song

Also what does the 'Rehash' feature do?

Thanks for the great program.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Dude! The normalization feature of 1.5 is EXACTLY what I came here to report for 1.4! It's driving me CRAZY, I was loosing an entire decible D:

Well, looks like I won't have worry about it now, you mind reader :p (But I still have to re-encode some songs again...)

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Dude! The normalization feature of 1.5 is EXACTLY what I came here to report for 1.4! It's driving me CRAZY, I was loosing an entire decible D:

Well, looks like I won't have worry about it now, you mind reader :p (But I still have to re-encode some songs again...)
Yeah, had the same issue. Well I'll check out 1.5 and report any bugs I run into. Good job again

And LMAO sorry Victra, I was skimming posts..didn't really see that you had issues installing, not downloading. Oh well I guess you can always use a friend's comp to do the songs for you or something :(

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Great job with 1.5

If I could still suggest something, it would be to add an "Are you sure?" prompt for the "Delete Song" button. I've accidentally clicked it when I meant to sort songs by "Display Name" lol

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Is it possible for your next version to include:
'Log' of some sort.
In other words, with the brstm converter being twiqued, and other features, it would be good for me to be able to recreate songs with the previous loop/other data without having to remember/find again the optimum loop points.
So a log.txt (or similar) that has
Date Time "Filename.mp3" converted; Looped at x and y, title: Artist - Song

Also what does the 'Rehash' feature do?

Thanks for the great program.
1.6 will be able to show you loop data of brstms, and will allow you to adjust the internal gain of each one,
(Well, after I test if the game honors that flag in the brstm header)
This will allow you to tweak songs you have already made, without having to reconvert all your songs.

The rehash feature exists to cover a bug where if you convert a file twice, the program used to not update the hash of the file in your library, so when you copied said file to your SD later, the program wouldn't recognize what song it is. You shouldn't have to use it ever.

Oh, and I guess a delete confirmation box would be nice :p

TrainerAbu

Smash Cadet
I always thought the secret feature of 1.5 was to change what the song titles display as in Brawl itself.

Uh... So was I wrong, or what :X?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
That was because of the fact that the audio level in the default sounds isn't as loud as most mp3's, I was already normalizing the mp3's, people are just gonna complain about them being too loud now, when the issue is the ****ed up range of volume on their mp3 collection.

sallas09

Smash Cadet
Ok, I found my problem with the .Net program. If anyone else has the problem where they can get the Framework but are unable to install it, here is a suggestion; this worked for me.(And if this was already mentioned, I apologize.)

If you click the link to the Framework and scroll down a little past the downloads, you will see a link that says KB959209. This is an update patch for the framework that fixes some compatability issues for it.

EDIT: Let me be more specific. Download the framework first, then the patch. Then run the patch(it will likely prompt you to reset your computer). Then after it reboots install the framework. It should work.

I was able to install the framework successfully; I'm going to try to get the conversion program working later today.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
you should add the ability to make songs that don't loop...or is it already added in the program and I can't find it?

Ajyle

Smash Rookie
you should add the ability to make songs that don't loop...or is it already added in the program and I can't find it?
I'm pretty sure you can. Right before converting your music look for a check box under the word loop. Uncheck it and your song shouldn't loop anymore. Its automatically checked in when you add a song so if you don't want it to loop be sure to uncheck that box.

Great job with version 1.5 Dantarion that volume problem was very bothersome. Can't wait for 1.6 :)

sallas09

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd let you know, I have the music hacks working just fine. The program is amazing!

My suggestion would be to try to incorporate some kind of volume control for imported songs; some of mine come out a little quieter than I would like.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Ochobobo said:
You can still do it with 1.5. Export the song list as a .db file then use this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242095

I'm guessin he'll eventually merge that into the GUI as well, lol
How exactly do you export a list of songs as a .db file? I can only export one file at a time in the program after I transfer it to my SD card.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Yay, 1.5! = D

Feature Requests:
- Integrate a feature (like a button or something) that automatically converts songs.db into info.pac (using your other program, I suppose) and puts it into the correct spot on the SD card. This would save a lot of time for some people (including me).
- Make an option to automatically put a certain amount of silence at the beginning of the converted brstm based on how far away the given loop point is from a multiple of.. whatever that number was. That way we can have perfect looping without a lot of tedious work in Audacity.

Thanks! This is still one awesome program. =]

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
GedgetTR:

1st one: That is going to be done in due time, most likely by version 2.0.
2nd one: good luck. I highly doubt it though.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
My suggestion would be to try to incorporate some kind of volume control for imported songs; some of mine come out a little quieter than I would like.
This was there from the beginning, the problem is that if you have a mp3 that ranges from complete silence to 100% loudness, and then have songs that range between 98% loudness and 100% loudness, there is no way to have them be the same volume through normalization.

1.6 will support modifying the gain information in the header of the brstm, but other than that, youre gonna have to check your songs before hand.

How exactly do you export a list of songs as a .db file? I can only export one file at a time in the program after I transfer it to my SD card.
1.5+ all auto-export songs.db on exit. Also, the export button lets you export to clipboard or songs.db. I have no idea what you mean by the program only allowing you to export one song.

Yay, 1.5! = D

Feature Requests:
- Integrate a feature (like a button or something) that automatically converts songs.db into info.pac (using your other program, I suppose) and puts it into the correct spot on the SD card. This would save a lot of time for some people (including me).
- Make an option to automatically put a certain amount of silence at the beginning of the converted brstm based on how far away the given loop point is from a multiple of.. whatever that number was. That way we can have perfect looping without a lot of tedious work in Audacity.

Thanks! This is still one awesome program. =]
For right now, just put the other tool in the same folder as this one, and copy the file yourself :p
For the silence thing, its doable, I just dont see much demand to do so.

bwahahahaha it worked, I just had to restart my comp. <3333333333

im dumb
Its okay, we are all dumb sometimes :p
I'm glad you got it working.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
1.5+ all auto-export songs.db on exit. Also, the export button lets you export to clipboard or songs.db. I have no idea what you mean by the program only allowing you to export one song.
Like on the SD side (the right side), I can only highlight one song and click export to songs.db. I can't select all of the songs on the right side and export them to songs.db, or does highlighting the songs not matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom