• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker v1.0 [WinXP/Vista only]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Ahh my mistake again. I had no problem after all. My only concern is how frequently the game freezes up. I am not kidding when I say I have to restart my wii every **** match. Is there an easier way to avoid this?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Just finished putting my first non-Nintendo song into Brawl thanks to this program! Excellent job! :D

There's one thing about all of this though I'm still seeking and would like to know more about. I did lots and lots of searching regarding looping, and it seems more or less everyone is talking about generally editing a song so it sounds seamless when it reaches the end of the track and goes back to the beginning. That's fine and all for some songs....

...But what about specified loop points?

As good as all of this already is, does anybody know if it's possible to specify exactly where in the song you want the game to loop? You know....so it behaves like nearly every other song in the game?

If anybody's even remotely knowledgeable with the subject or knows of a site or tutorial that figured out how to make a song file loop at a specific point - even after turned into a .brstm, I would be really grateful!

Personally I was hoping that by using both Audacity and Goldwave to locate the specific points of my .wav file and eventually adding cue points to it, the converted .brstm file would recognize the points and act accordingly. I guess though it's way more complex than that. Silly me, but I tried. I read of some more complex methods regarding looping, but I'm kind of at a loss regarding those....

Revven

FrankerZ
Anomilus, Androu1's Tool requires you to fill out the looping points of the song (start and end) I do not know if this program does this, but if it doesn't, that's why. Please use Androu1's Tool to make it loop properly if this does not do it yet.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I used this program because for whatever reason Androu1's Tool wasn't giving me the option for Stereo OR outputting the lentgh file. But I'll give it a few more tries if it means I can get the song looping properly. I pretty much have the proper sample points for the loop. Here's to hoping I can get to the step where it asks me for it. Thanks for the quick response!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
mac would be fantastic! i wanna play on FD with the Immigrant Song playing in the background. don't you take that way from me.....
Immigrant Song on Pirate Ship :laugh:

Just a small glitch: If you try to change any of the songs in Rumble Falls it'll go to the Bridge of Eldin songlist instead. Not that big of a deal, since it's Rumble Falls after all, lol.

Just lettin you know
Fixing that in v0.3

Ahh my mistake again. I had no problem after all. My only concern is how frequently the game freezes up. I am not kidding when I say I have to restart my wii every **** match. Is there an easier way to avoid this?
I dunno why, but it seems after holding down buttons after the game is ended/forcing a no contest, it'll freeze on me... which I think is the actual code, not the brstm.

EDIT: Jose filled me and another youtuber on this: "The new File Patcher tends to crash if trying to load too much (steaming bit rate too high). It tends to happen if you are using custom textures. For example, you choose a custom texture Mario, and if the texture is still loading and you quickly try to load a stage with custom music from SD, the bit steaming rate gets strained, giving a possibility of a crash. In other words, Streaming OVERLOAD."

Just finished putting my first non-Nintendo song into Brawl thanks to this program! Excellent job! :D

There's one thing about all of this though I'm still seeking and would like to know more about. I did lots and lots of searching regarding looping, and it seems more or less everyone is talking about generally editing a song so it sounds seamless when it reaches the end of the track and goes back to the beginning. That's fine and all for some songs....

...But what about specified loop points?

As good as all of this already is, does anybody know if it's possible to specify exactly where in the song you want the game to loop? You know....so it behaves like nearly every other song in the game?

If anybody's even remotely knowledgeable with the subject or knows of a site or tutorial that figured out how to make a song file loop at a specific point - even after turned into a .brstm, I would be really grateful!

Personally I was hoping that by using both Audacity and Goldwave to locate the specific points of my .wav file and eventually adding cue points to it, the converted .brstm file would recognize the points and act accordingly. I guess though it's way more complex than that. Silly me, but I tried. I read of some more complex methods regarding looping, but I'm kind of at a loss regarding those....
Well...the way I designed the program was to start at the very beginning of the song, and the end of the song is specified by you so that it automatically loops back to start. Androu's tools have a start tool specification...I didn't think it was needed though since, with Audacity, you can highlight and delete certain parts of the song and then put it through my program. (Or at least, that's what I was doing)

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
URGH.... Androu1's tool is most definitely NOT doing everything it's supposed to do!

I tried making sure I'm not missing or misunderstanding any of the steps. I even followed the guidelines for splitting your song into separate L and R files for Stereo purposes. But it all still comes down to Androu1's tool not providing the options that were supposed to be there.

It doesn't ask me if I want Mono or Stereo. It just output a mono .wav file immediately after specifying the .brstm I want to use. Then I just move on, and it immediately makes the lentgh (darn purposefully bad spelling...) file and spits out a .brstm without asking about any loop points! (Technically I didn't do that today, but the first time I completely ran this tool I ended up with that. An option for specifying loop points never showed).

Clearly something is seriously amiss. It's possible Androu1 did "update" the tool.....or something went wrong if an update results in two crucial options not showing.

I'm just getting frustrated as to how other people are figuring this out while I'm struggling to do this...

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
you probably have an older version of Androu1's tool, Anomilus...

also what's the major difference between the 2 programs? I see your tool puts it into the SD card, but there are people who rather have the file first in the computer, then make a copy in the SD. that's not a bit problem though... Im not sure, but I think Androu's tool lets you choose a starting point after it loops, something that is not in this one... Androu's let's you make victory themes (unlooped)... I see this tool has a "select song" menu... how exactly does this work? do you need to have all sound files, or just one, or does it make an empty WAV with the name of the track? I'd try to use it, but my laptop is broken at the moment...

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
I'm probably overlooking something very important, but when I use Androu1's tool, it can't read the song I want to convert. Plus, when the program in this topic asks for a length, I can't get it, and it was a bit of a hassle to look to see where I can get it, since it didn't mention where exactly... Even then, it looks like that information is out of my reach for the time being.

What BRSTM folder is it even talking about when I try to convert? DX

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Well...

1) You're kinda overlooking that I created this tool just to replace songs in Brawl, not much else...the reason why I don't add stuff like sound effects or victory themes is because I got lazy on that part =\

2) This isn't a replacement for Androu1's tool, let's just say that my program is a simpler/easier/noob-friendly way of creating songs as I intended, not the complicated stuff that all of the other guides detailed. But Androu1's tool still has a start point and has the ability to make mono/stereo victory themes non-looped.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
I'm not trying to replace victory themes or sound effects. For now, all I want is "The 13th Reflection" converted into a BRSTM, but if it can't read the .wav, how can I do the conversion? Am I not putting the .wav in the right place or what?

The program says there's a C12.wav file in the directory, but the only files that are there are the BRSTM version of the original (I'm thinking) and the C12.wav that was renamed from a file that I ripped myself.

sacredshinobi

Smash Rookie
I did every step with percision many times yet still every time it says danger loop end or something like that and then it doesnt ask me for the number and it asks me for the letter drive where my sd card is. for it its I so after clicking enter it says the song is supposed to be in the correct place yet im sure its not anywhere in the sd card.

hmmm now I just figured out that they were saved in the folder that came with the download, weird.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm not trying to replace victory themes or sound effects. For now, all I want is "The 13th Reflection" converted into a BRSTM, but if it can't read the .wav, how can I do the conversion? Am I not putting the .wav in the right place or what?
(Previous post wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at other people)

Well, is "The 13th Reflection" originally in Mono or Stereo?

Be sure you overwrite the two files if you're doing it in Stereo (C12L.wav = left side in mono format, C12R.wav = right side in mono format)

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Oh, my bad. It was kind of ambiguous as to whom you were referring to. ^.^;

Right now, the song is in mono (I'm trying to limit the number of writes I make to my card...). I'm guessing, though, I need to get rid of the C12.brstm and replace it with "The 13th Reflection"?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Oh, my bad. It was kind of ambiguous as to whom you were referring to. ^.^;

Right now, the song is in mono (I'm trying to limit the number of writes I make to my card...). I'm guessing, though, I need to get rid of the C12.brstm and replace it with "The 13th Reflection"?
Haven't really tested or used Mono all too much...I would assume, once C12.wav is made, you swap that out with the 16-bit WAV of "The 13th Reflection" (overwrite or w/e), then go on with the program.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I did every step with percision many times yet still every time it says danger loop end or something like that and then it doesnt ask me for the number and it asks me for the letter drive where my sd card is. for it its I so after clicking enter it says the song is supposed to be in the correct place yet im sure its not anywhere in the sd card.

hmmm now I just figured out that they were saved in the folder that came with the download, weird.
The reason why you're getting it saved in the root is because you haven't typed in anything, you just hit Enter when it asks you where the SD card is without specifying which drive it is. The same likely goes for the loop end...you need to follow the video.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
The problem is, however, that it doesn't seem to be making C12.wav anywhere. I just may be my looking in the wrong places, but if not, I don't know what the problem is.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The problem is, however, that it doesn't seem to be making C12.wav anywhere. I just may be my looking in the wrong places, but if not, I don't know what the problem is.
Try moving the three files inside the "system" directory to C:\Windows\system32

sacredshinobi

Smash Rookie
I did follow the video. it never asked me for the lenght it just said warning loop end or something along those lines and then when It asked me to specify the drive I did. my sd card is in drive I and thats what I typed in and pushed enter.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
k...?

v0.3 released, please delete v0.2 off of your comp then redownload v0.3 and extract.

you can now store in the same directory instead of directly onto the SD, as well as a lot of bugfixes

DrCrawford

Smash Rookie
excellent tool, thanks for making this

one question though:

songs that sound loud on my computer are coming up very low in the game, and some are coming very loudly. would it be possible to include an auto volume increase/decrease for songs to match the volume of the original song its replacing?

Hentekorino

Smash Journeyman
k...?

v0.3 released, please delete v0.2 off of your comp then redownload v0.3 and extract.

you can now store in the same directory instead of directly onto the SD, as well as a lot of bugfixes
Erm, I edited my post, had a problem before, fixed it, new problem.

Everytime I try to make a song the output song is different than then one I tried converting into a bstrm, it's a :50 second long song with a length of 224775. :\ Whats going on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p_h9yL6v2M

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
I don't know how you did it, but it works now! W00t! Thanks muchly, d00d! ^_^

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Erm, I edited my post, had a problem before, fixed it, new problem.

Everytime I try to make a song the output song is different than then one I tried converting into a bstrm, it's a :50 second long song with a length of 224775. :\ Whats going on?
Sounds like C12L.wav and C12R.wav was never really overwritten at all...

is there a changelist for 0.3?
- Fixed Bridge of Eldin glitch where it'd say 'Forest' is not a valid program
- Fixed Rumble Falls so that, after you make ANY selection, it goes to Stereo/Mono select instead of Bridge of Eldin
- Tried to move everything into two directories and one file instead of the messy stuff before, success
- Made it so that if you selected an invalid option when picking a song, it'll return you to the main menu instead of going on.
- Tidying up a bit of code

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Funny thing I noticed when converting the same WAV music track into Brstm through 2 different methods.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Using Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI (v.3):

-Got a working Brstm file; 7.73 MB in size1

-Brstm Sounds a bit shallow, compared to the old method output

Using Androu1's Master Tool (the last updated version):

-Got a working Brstm file; 5.61 MB in size

-Brstm Sounds a bit louder and clearer in game

Both converted the exact same WAV music file into Stereo Brstms, but with different output sizes. I'm doing a "Compare & Contrast" between the GUI and the old method in hopes to better the Music Maker Interface.

EDIT: Added another difference between the 2 methods. Perhaps you are using a different version of Androu1's Tool for your GUI?

sacredshinobi

Smash Rookie
well with the old version it started to work right but now with 0.3 the same thing happens again

DANGER loop=end

also after trying it the second time it actually asked for the number and drive letter but both time it named the file incorrectly. I asked for battlefield main theme but it gave me X04 which im sure is how to play

im not sure but I think the older version would work better for me, also thanks fo rall your help

btw the song is the japanese tales of symphonia opening

Saltix

Smash Lord
If the text document "length" says that my song isn't looped, how do I fix this?
This has only happened when I use songs that are already "Mono"

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Funny thing I noticed when converting the same WAV music track into Brstm through 2 different methods.

Using Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI (v.3):

-Got a working Brstm file; 7.73 MB in size1

-Brstm Sounds a bit shallow, compared to the old method output

Using Androu1's Master Tool (the last updated version):

-Got a working Brstm file; 5.61 MB in size

-Brstm Sounds a bit louder and clearer in game

Both converted the exact same WAV music file into Stereo Brstms, but with different output sizes. I'm doing a "Compare & Contrast" between the GUI and the old method in hopes to better the Music Maker Interface.

EDIT: Added another difference between the 2 methods. Perhaps you are using a different version of Androu1's Tool for your GUI?
That's weird. I had Androu1's tool downloaded from a different thread on SWF...link me to where you downloaded yours and I'll see if I can make changes to v0.4.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
I approve of this.

It seems like a less function but more user friendly tool, and that's good if anyone has troubles using mine.

And the only difference with the "master" version and "final" version is that the different "modes" (like the victory themes and other). Nothing but the .BAT was changed at all.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Wow..... This works great! :laugh:
I just made it, it was way easier than I thought. O_o

Awesome job on this! ^-^

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I approve of this.

It seems like a less function but more user friendly tool, and that's good if anyone has troubles using mine.

And the only difference with the "master" version and "final" version is that the different "modes" (like the victory themes and other). Nothing but the .BAT was changed at all.
Weird...

Also, I made the tool because I couldn't explain how to do this with several of my friends, and with the Music code that just came out, I got to work on this.

Without your tool, I wouldn't have done this, so thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom