• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Hacking Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Super Samus Code works perfectly without the Infinite ^B

Try doing what Falco400 mentioned above. But also make sure you are using a US version of Brawl. I've seen plenty of people trying to "improvise" non-compliant versions of the codes.

TopiSwarm

Smash Rookie
Well, I've run into something interesting. Been at this for a few days, and it seems that something has permanently removed Luigi's Mansion and Mushroomy 1-1 from my available stages. As in, attempting to load them with freeze the game, even when no codes are active and the SD Slot is empty.

So I figure something must have saved itself onto my harddrive that ought not to have been saved. And the odds of this being able to be fixed without losing the save file are slim. but I obviously want to know what happened.

I don't think I've used any codes other than ones posted in the list thread, and haven't used any of the ones which alter the stages. I've tried not to save a lot of things. There's been standard autosave match data, a trophy and some stickers, the final challenge unlocked (take that Intense Boss mode), a whole lot of snapshots (free camera is the greatest thing ever), no custom stages, and a single replay that a friend tried to save but didn't appear when we got around to checking the replay screen for it (after the codes had changed).

I figure the Replay is the most likely problem, but I'll list codes in case you recognize something as faulty.

(Color/Size/Character Modifiers including alloys, no entrance animation (for the alloys), Infinite jumps and Up-B's, Unrestricted Pause, Control Loser on victory screen, More than one FS, Taunt enables FS, Item spawn rate, aggressive pokeballs and AT's, and "infinite Smash Balls and pokeballs" (not really sure what those ones DID), and Super Captain Falcon)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well the fact that you have so many codes modifying the game at one point could be the problem. codes normally always work if you have only a few specific ones on at a time.

Revven

FrankerZ
How do you use the unlimited virtual console trial code? It says something about a rebooter.
Here's what you do.

1) If you have Gecko OS 1.07b, open it in the HBC.
2) Go into Rebooter Options, you should see something along the lines of codes being made active when you reboot. Turn it on.
3) Go back to the main Gecko OS menu and click B to reboot.
4) Play Brawl
5) ????
6) Profit!

Omis

my friends were skinny
Here's what you do.

1) If you have Gecko OS 1.07b, open it in the HBC.
2) Go into Rebooter Options, you should see something along the lines of codes being made active when you reboot. Turn it on.
3) Go back to the main Gecko OS menu and click B to reboot.
4) Play Brawl
5) ????
6) Profit!
Thanks for the help!

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've run into something interesting. Been at this for a few days, and it seems that something has permanently removed Luigi's Mansion and Mushroomy 1-1 from my available stages. As in, attempting to load them with freeze the game, even when no codes are active and the SD Slot is empty.
That is what's know as the Luigi's Mansion Glitch. Try this-

Have the following codes on (no other codes should be on at the moment):

Code:
Luigi's Mansion Music Fixer
4A000000 9017EC44
14000000 0000271C
14000004 00BE0332
14000008 00002719
1400000C 00000332
14000010 00002718
14000014 00000332
14000018 000027CC
1400001C 00000332
14000020 000027CD
14000024 00840332
E0000000 80008000

Mushroomy Kingdom Music Fixer
4A000000 9017EC6C
14000000 00002714
14000004 00000432
14000008 00002723
1400000C 00000432
14000010 0000271D
14000014 00000432
14000018 00002715
1400001C 00000532
14000020 00002716
14000024 00240532
14000028 00002717
1400002C FFFF0532
E0000000 80008000
When you reach the main menu, check your MY MUSIC for both of these stages, and make sure each song is working fine. Then play a match on both of the affected stages (should work with the codes on). After an autosave at the end of the match(s), the problem should be fixed. You may now remove the code and play the stages like you normally would. Let me know if this works.

TopiSwarm

Smash Rookie
MM500 - Of course I didn't use all of those at once...

Jose - Worked flawlessly. Kind of amazed. What a weird glitch. Any idea what causes it? (And has it been described somewhere already, where I should have found it before asking here? >_>)

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
That glitch tends to happen when you have the MUSIC MODIFIER code on, and you check your MY MUSIC list (although I believe other causes exist). At least, that is how it happened to me. It has happened to lots of hackers, and I am pretty sure its been discussed in another threads/forums.

Good to hear your game is back to normal!

ShadowSonic

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to use On the Fly Character Switcher for both 1P and 2P at the same time? I tried it but 2nd player couldn't change, unless I messed up the code ^^;

Also, is it possible to use the codes to control the bosses all at once? Or can I only have so many codes on using Ocarina?

Revven

FrankerZ
Is it possible to use On the Fly Character Switcher for both 1P and 2P at the same time? I tried it but 2nd player couldn't change, unless I messed up the code ^^;

Also, is it possible to use the codes to control the bosses all at once? Or can I only have so many codes on using Ocarina?
There's a limit to how many lines of code you can have (256). You cannot have the On the Fly Character switch for BOTH players (or in this case, ALL of them) due to how many lines the code is.

I suggest downloading the latest code manager to see how many lines of code you currently have stored.

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Hey any news on the "Only one type of pikmin" code?
Quote:
"I tried so hard to make it that you only get one type of Pikmin, but the ASM I had to modify was in a dynamic area..."

-Phantom Wings

It sounds harder to accomplish than I thought. If Phantom couldn't make it happen in one of his super codes, its going to be a while before we see a "1 pikmin type" code (if ever).

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
this isn't going to ever happen

and you're stupid if you think it is going to

regardless if i am in support or against it, there are things you are overlooking that is necessary for this to work that can't

the biggest one that is irrefutable is that the brawl disc itself HAS TO BE PATCHED, meaning the disc itself would have to be decompressed and have encryptions changed

Revven

FrankerZ
this isn't going to ever happen

and you're stupid if you think it is going to

regardless if i am in support or against it, there are things you are overlooking that is necessary for this to work that can't

the biggest one that is irrefutable is that the brawl disc itself HAS TO BE PATCHED, meaning the disc itself would have to be decompressed and have encryptions changed
wtf? This isn't about that, this is about HELP (troubleshooting) for getting codes working or whatever...

Jesus christ, read the first post.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
lol, he must have mistook the word support in terms of "I support this idea" instead of "We will give support to others"

Revven

FrankerZ
lol, he must have mistook the word support in terms of "I support this idea" instead of "We will give support to others"
Yeah I know, it's a little irritating that he assumed that's what the thread was about just from the topic title rather than reading the first post first. =\

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
ANYWAY, the code for the cycle partial size modifier is supposed to freeze the game after each match, right? cause every time i try it on a character, and even reset it with L+R, the game will freeze for me whenever i exit, via no contest.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, if that topic continues, or is brought up again, i will be forced to report the user. I say this as the particular topic in question caused an entire thread to be overloaded by spam replies and had to be re-opened.

SO ANY REPLIES MENTION OF HACKING RELATING AT ALL TO THE COMPETITIVE SCENE WILL BE REPORTED. NO EXCEPTIONS.

the thread which got closed in case of those of you who are wondering was the Hacked Character Database

prOAPC

Smash Lord
today i installed the homebrew channel and the ocarina, and i'm using only the replay code, but i'm having problems with it and i have a couple of questions.
1. when i finish the fight, the button to save the replay appears, i can save it normally, but when i go to watch the replay, it doesn't appear.
2. when i'm about to save the replay, i can't save it in the SD card (the same SD with the code). There's nothing wrong with the SD because i can save the replays with out the hack.
what do i have to do?
ps: everytime i want to use the codes, i have to use the SD card?
btw, i used this code
040E5DE8 60000000
04953184 60000000
04953224 60000000

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
If you are not using a USB Gecko, then yes: You must always use the SD Card for uploading codes.

As for saving the replays to the SD Card, using the stand-alone Ocarina prevents this. Consider using the Gecko OS App instead.

And if by replay code, you mean replays longer than 3 minutes, use this one instead:

Code:
Allow Replays Longer Than 3 Minutes [brkirch]
040EB804 60000000

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
could you make the following codes?

- dash dancing
- Fox+Wolf can jump out of shine

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
I love Brawl hacks.

hyyp://www.youtube.com/watch?
If I was a moderator, I would temporarily ban you for posting this completely off-topic advertising link. If you want to show off a video, please start a new thread if you haven't done so already.

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Were is the gosh dang Prop code! I only see ID lists..
(im talking about like Wolfen and Airwing code)
In the codes thread. A bit of searching won't harm anyone. I know its there because I posted that code a while back. If looking through pages isn't for you, try using the Search feature.

Optionally, you can check/download Meleemaster's code sheet in the first post of the CODES thread. You will find it there as well.

Jumpi 95

Smash Cadet
In the codes thread. A bit of searching won't harm anyone. I know its there because I posted that code a while back. If looking through pages isn't for you, try using the Search feature.

Optionally, you can check/download Meleemaster's code sheet in the first post of the CODES thread. You will find it there as well.
Not to be snoty, but i checked it and it only says a list of IDs, but i will check again and how do you get the codes? You are the only ones posting the good ones:p

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
which prop code are you looking for? I have the props modifier code which keeps weapons out for the rest of the match. i originally titled it sticky props, but i guess that people had it officially at props modifier hack thingy.

so it's there allright. all the stuff at the bottom is comments, like various FP info and list of id's for various stuff.

if anyone has trouble installing the hombrew channel currently, it's because nintendo released a new firmware that blocked it's installation. the message they sent out also saids something like "installing modified saves to your wii could cause damage, hence we now prevent you from doing that" so they know about the hacking scene. there are ways to work around this, but the best info is to...

DON'T UPDATE YOUR WII!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Because our data is not corrupted, in fact we know what will corrupt it. and the fact that you change the boundaries of what's possible in a game 1000 fold.

The biggest reason is that it makes the game fresh, and much funner.

Revven

FrankerZ
Why risk corrupting your data?

Please, someone explain the logical reasoning behind hacking.
There's only like four codes out of the 100+ there are that cause save corruption, it isn't really common. Also, we can back up our save file before we even HAVE the corruption happen so, we're saved anyway.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
replays are re-playing the match. put hacks on, and it would be like if you pressed the exact same buttons. there are codes that don't effect replays. and if you saved a replay of a hacked match, it screws up in regular replay watching.

Jumpi 95

Smash Cadet
Im talking Like the Wolfen Prop and stuff.
I cant find it and im trying to get better at Brawl withought hacks so im playing wifi like heck so can you tell me?Also if anyone with or withought Ocarina want to fight me, send me a message.
On a side note, is the new Wii Firmware 3.3? BC if it isnt then IM SO GOSH DANG LUCKY!

Daea

Smash Cadet
Is there a brawl hack that will allow me to play songs that are not normally available on a particular stage? For example, if I wanted to have the "His World (Instrumental)" theme (normally only available when you play Green Hill Zone) play on another stage like FD. I browsed around and saw some hacks that had to do with "music" or "my music," but I wasn't positive what exactly they would do because the name seemed rather ambiguous. Can someone direct me to a code that would do this?

Thanks in advance.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I have a question about a code possibility, which I made on another thread, but I guess I should have made it here in the first place.

Here's the discussion that was had, so as to give you code-crackers a better picture of what might have to be done:

Here's a question:

How possible do you think it would be to have a code that reduces the transformation time of Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer?

We all know these times are loading based. Is there no way that a code could speed that up? I feel like it should be possible.
Their transformation time is totally dependent on how fast your Wii can load the character so I don't see how a code could help.
I know, that's the problem.

What I'm hoping is that it's not entirely hardware based. I'm hoping that part of the problem is that the code the game uses to initiate the loading is far too inefficient. Like it makes the Wii have to process more coding than would be required to complete the loading of the character from the disc. Situations like this happen in PC games all the time, but the PC is not a disc-based system.

Still, I'm hoping that there might still be a parallel. So what I'm hoping for is that there is a way to replace Brawl's transformation loading code with a more efficient one, assuming the code is more problematic than the Wii's disc read speed.

I'd say that making the transformations not be dependent on loading would be as competitive as making a hack to overcome the port number priority. Anything that relies exclusively on hardware should be removed in favor of set values. This makes it so that player actions are the only factors in the battle. As it stands, transformation and port number are two entirely hardware-based things that affect player action with no justifiable reason for keeping them.
I'm sorry but I believe its hardware based. What happens is, unlike melee, brawl only loads on character model. When you change, it loads the other model in game, and deletes the old one. Melee loaded both models before the match which is why the timing was quicker. I think its a hardware problem unless you can make the wii load both models without blowing up! lol
So what do you guys think? Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom