• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ in Japan | JP Beta Build (GSH1) released

Almas

Smash Lord
On Saturday I am attending a tournament. I will fix any errors in the JPN Port then.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Holy sweet mother of tap-dancing baby jesus butternuggets. **** has been happening since I was in Japan.

Anyway, I'm in Okinawa, there aren't really that many smash players here but a few people are interested in B+. I have the JP version, tested out the JP B+ port, and everything seems to work perfectly fine. v:

Also, GHNeko, take your own advice and stop feeding the troll. If they actually feel threatened enough to have to come over here and post deliberately inflammatory comments to try and start something, we've already won. No need to rub it in their faces.

Edit:I love this porter. I LOVE this porter. And his included tier list.

Top: Rob
Middle: Most chars
Low: Peach, Sonic, Lucario, (Ganon?)
Bottom: Ness

He's got reasonings but I don't wanna translate the entire thing v: Also, I disagree with that Lucario placing.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Im just gonna report any stupid comments from here on out.

Arkaether, when you do play B+ with the guys. Make it AS ENJOYABLE as possible. :V

We've oply got one chance. Dont **** it up.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I'm in Okinawa. This place is TINY. It doesn't really matter. It'll be a different story when I go to Tokyo in a few weeks, though, gonna hook up with some friends and advertise all over Akihabara v:

(If you see a bunch of loonies running around akiba passing out B+ fliers, it TOTALLY isn't me.)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm in Okinawa. This place is TINY. It doesn't really matter. It'll be a different story when I go to Tokyo in a few weeks, though, gonna hook up with some friends and advertise all over Akihabara v:

(If you see a bunch of loonies running around akiba passing out B+ fliers, it TOTALLY isn't me.)

TBH, I hope that happens.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Tier list seems to be made by the porter. I'm assuming he just played everyone and gave a first thoughts sort of thing. People always do this on every new fighter. It's an international tradition.~

I finally got ninja'd...;_;

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

But yea, its probably just a first impression. I wonder why ROB is high to them and why Ness is bottom. :V

Arkaether, you must find out.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Projectile fetish. Remember Falco and Pit?

Not sure about Ness, but I think he was placed low on their Brawl tier list as well.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Not normal rebooting, but the rebooter method, where it reboots with hooks. :V
Too many lines lol

I just noticed that my post of the new jp codeset was ignored.:(

BTW the "tier list" is made by the porter. He watched some vids, played around a bit and that's his opinion.

shanus

Smash Hero
tim, download gecko 1.9.1 (not sure if its a public release or a beta release), it should fix your disc read error issues

timothyung

Smash Ace
Thanks shanus, never knew that there is version 1.9.1. I was using 1.9.0.1. Now it works and I tested the new Japan set.
Bug reports:
Hitlag modifier, Grav/Jump value still not working
Older css (The one shaped like a +)
Items don't appear, including Snake's granade, cardboard box, Links' bombs, Peach's turnips, Diddy's bananas, Wario's bike when it is left on the ground, ZSS's armour pieces. Normal items don't appear when items are turned on.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I've uploaded three TL vids, but I have no idea how to get them on the Brawl+ account's mylist (I uploaded them onto my own account though).

Also, I've always wondered this...but if the scrolling text is red, does that mean it's a negative/hateful comment?

EDIT: Reuploading videos, clicked something dumb.

Grr Google Tlanslate

timothyung

Smash Ace
I've uploaded three TL vids, but I have no idea how to get them on the Brawl+ account's mylist (I uploaded them onto my own account though).

Also, I've always wondered this...but if the scrolling text is red, does that mean it's a negative/hateful comment?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7316677
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7317642
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7317912
この動画の閲覧権限がありません。:ohwell:
I don't know, maybe it's just used to attract attention. And you can use whatever colour you wish for your comments. Just click the box on the left of the comment box.

I noticed how they use the old file replacement code even though the newest one is available here:dizzy:

Arkaether

Smash Ace
v:

Red comments are for attention and for standing out. Not negative.

NicoNico quality changes depending on the amount of bandwidth currently being used. If it's absolutely terrible, you're most likely being subjected to its "Economy Mode" where you get absolutely horrid quality. Wait a few hours and try again later, and it'll be better than YT HD quality. Or be a premium member and never worry, but I'll be ****ed if I'm paying money for that. v:

Top Bottom