• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Information Compendium & Social

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
correct meno.

I have no proof but i know its true that you have to contact a hurtbox (characters, statues on siege, walls on brinstar, waddles) to stale your moves.
Hey thanks.

DTL is stupid and thinks moves do refresh.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Anyone have a link to that old AT thread?

I can't find it.

Yikarur

Smash Master
the "Attack" you can chose for c-stick has actually 2 inherent functions. "Attack" and "Jump" but because Attack has priority over jump you attack.
If you hold A and use the C-Stick afterwards you'll jump.
I've never buffered something with Tilt Sticking nor do I want to test this right now so.. this should be kind of enough explanation :p
if it's true what you said maybe buffered Jump > buffered attack if you press both simultanously but no time to test it atm.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Can someone tell me the exact inputs for the platform cancel that you drop instantly after....Ive done it by accident but I don't know the exact inputs

Yikarur

Smash Master
Can someone tell me the exact inputs for the platform cancel that you drop instantly after....Ive done it by accident but I don't know the exact inputs
you have to press down 1 or 2 frames before you press shield and hold both until you dropped.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey guys, I've got something for you.

Basically, from the beginning of this thread, I intended it to be a social/helpful thread like the general character chats around the forums.

I, and the other moderators feel that having a social thread for frequenters is a very good thing. In my experience, these kinds of threads can swing back and forth between casual chats to insightful discussion.

I'm going to keep an eye on this over the next week or so and see how it goes. It's a good thing I think for forum users to chat more and be less on edge around each other when debates flare up.

If you guys disagree with this decision, or would prefer an entirely seperate thread from this to serve as a social thread, please let me know here or by PM. I completely understand and it would help in making a more well thought out decision on whether to shift the focus of this thread slightly or not.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I like the idea, let's see how it goes. I was just thinking about what would happen if we had a "interboard social thread"

Browny

Smash Hater
A social thread... in tactical... with post count enabled

:/

We'll I hope it manages to stay civil lol. I guess most spammers and trolls avoid tactical by default so were safe in that regard :p

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well see, Melee discussion has one as well (And the character forums too). Hopefully it knits better relationships between posters and stuff :3

We'll see what happens. I might put up an announcement about this thread soon.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Who's been to a tournament this year yet?

My state's suffering from 'Holiday cbf' mode, and at least for the first month doesn't hold anything :/

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Went to one last Saturday, DMT4. And I'm going to one 1500 feet away from me tomorrow, Oh Snap. Plan to have a lot of fun this weekend.

I'm planning on Phase X and WHOBO as well, and also a Vegas tourney if one is held during my vacation there.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Now I wish I was an American.

Like Bandit Keith.

I'll probably come back when I'm old enough to enjoy myself unlike in 2009.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I thought the Tier List Discussion thread officially filled this purpose.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my tourney scene is so dead...

like for real, how does the guy living in oklahoma get more tournaments then the guy in New york?

Vyse, you dont live in the area that was getting flooded do you?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I live close to it and work even closer to it.

On the day just before it hit hard, people were being evacuated from Brisbane city. I work in wooloongabba which is near it, so I was somewhat fine. I would look out the window in my cubicle and for about 4-5 hours, it was a constant grid lock.

This was followed by stories of supermarkets all over the place being cleared out of bread and toilet paper amongst other things. I live on the Gold Coast, which is a way away from Brisbane city (but I work in Brisbane city) and even here Bread is really scarce and over-priced right now. A lot of essentials like rice even are being cleaned out.

Anyway, the eeriest part of that day was leaving work at about 4:30pm. Brisbane was like a ghost town.

Imagine rush hour in any city being replaced with nothing. Nobody around. Nobody on busses, or at the busway. At a time of day when it's usually bustling with people trying to get home, all at the same time.

All that day too, I was monitoring the status of the train lines, and one by one they were being cut off completely. Scary stuff.

The next day I tried to get to work, but the train line I take was cut too. I ended up spending the rest of the week with my girlfriend.

But yeah, scary stuff. Plenty of footage of cars being tossed around like skittles. The photos of Brisbane city amaze me to no end. Seeing the places I frequent all the time submerged. You'd not think it were possible in a city. But I suppose south east Queensland is a flood plain.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

like for real, how does the guy living in oklahoma get more tournaments then the guy in New york?
OK's been planning Oh Snap since mid-November, and we just have the luck of being next door to Texas and Kansas, so Texas and Kansas tournies are relatively easy to make. Both states are fairly active too; every weekend this month has a tournament planned in either state. But since I'm short on cash, I'm opting out of No Koast next weekend in favor of getting enough money from my job to make it to Phase X the week after.

No sign of anything going on February though, except for maybe a tournament in Lubbock.

But as for tournaments inside OK, aside from Oh Snap, the place is barren. Until the Brawl scene gets bigger here, we're an OOS crowd.

Jane

Smash Hero
holy ****. crazy stuff, vyse. i've seen some insane footage of the floods takings cars and other big *** ****

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ooo, if this is gonna be a social, it should be the norm that all active tournament streams should be posted here.

I love me streams.

:embarrass:

Flayl

Smash Hero
We haven't had a proper biweekly here in Portugal since the 19th of December. And by proper biweekly I mean at least 4 people.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Da KID, that video has a lot of very awesome kills (and lots of boring ones). I saved it to my favorites. :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I need to get some smash practice in soon :/

Big tournament coming up and I haven't played in a couple of months.

Top Bottom