• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is Awesome (A Quick Message)

craiigg

Smash Lord
You know, after reading all the spoilers, and watching some videos.. my love and anticipation for Brawl was becoming impatient.
What with L-Cancelling being deconfirmed, and a lack of new tech's being discovered (about 2 weeks ago) I was sceptical about how this would shape up.

Now my view of Brawl is SO much clearer, I watched some videos of KDJ playing (Thanks Jinx) and scrolled through Adi's compilation of Adv Techs that are continually being discovered.
The Brawl scene is shaping up to be awesome.

I also watched this video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uSZenPTK6Mc
Of two players I know playing Brawl.

This video made the biggest smile on my face,
The speed! It's fast O:
Squirtle WoP anyone?
Pit arrow ledgestalls!

I couldn't be happier for Brawl right now, personally I think so far, so short after release it's proved so much for us.
Brawl isn't Melee 2.0, it's ****ing Melee shaken up, knee'd, Falcon Punched out a 50 story building through a schoolyard destroying every kid in it's path before it gets Ganon-spiked through the floor and shatters into tiny pieces.

Yeah, I went there

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I like you.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
This is the point of view that will keep the game alive.

If it really is good, we have to be positive to drag the Negative Nancys out of their disbelief. xD

Sideem Slingh

Smash Journeyman
Brawl isn't Melee 2.0, it's ****ing Melee shaken up, knee'd, Falcon Punched out a 50 story building through a schoolyard destroying every kid in it's path before it gets Ganon-spiked through the floor and shatters into tiny pieces.
I hope you're basking in the awesomeness of that statement.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Brawl is a lot like Melee, except it's Melee on fire going 120 miles per hour through a hospital zone chased by helicopters and ninjas. And the ninjas are all on fire too.

Anyone know the reference?

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
*taps index fingers together while moving left and right with my head lowered...looking up. Ya' know, how some girls do in anime?* craiigg makes me blush.

Rash

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I'm totally sigging that.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
You know, after reading all the spoilers, and watching some videos.. my love and anticipation for Brawl was becoming impatient.
What with L-Cancelling being deconfirmed, and a lack of new tech's being discovered (about 2 weeks ago) I was sceptical about how this would shape up.

Now my view of Brawl is SO much clearer, I watched some videos of KDJ playing (Thanks Jinx) and scrolled through Adi's compilation of Adv Techs that are continually being discovered.
The Brawl scene is shaping up to be awesome.

I also watched this video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uSZenPTK6Mc
Of two players I know playing Brawl.

This video made the biggest smile on my face,
The speed! It's fast O:
Squirtle WoP anyone?
Pit arrow ledgestalls!

I couldn't be happier for Brawl right now, personally I think so far, so short after release it's proved so much for us.

Yeah, I went there
where r these videos of KDJ playing brawl? i would like to see them :) lol I have been playing and its fun. If the game continues to expand and we learn new things then i have no doubt in my mind it will be great. :).

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Wow.

Gnarly.

iron blade

Smash Ace
There needs to be more threads like this. Wipe out the rants! And get some good gameplay too.

****, Pit can be gimped during his up B. His jumps and gliding should make up for that and then some but it's still annoying.

craiigg

Smash Lord
@ VA: gtfo, smash tonight =D

@ Rash: O: O: O: <33 gangstuh right there

@reelbigfishetc look on page one near the bottom i left a comment with the vids in =)

VA

Smash Hero
smash on a friday night? no thanks. I'm off to London *** end. see you monday I <3 you.

ManCarrot

Smash Cadet
I like this post its constructive and destructive all in one. Srsly tho, nice to see positivity and the understanding the game is new and its a NEW game its not SSBM cooked over. Kudos to you man now here's a cookie. Keep up the insight! Right on.

V1Hand

Smash Cadet
Lol, I like you. I was having some bad thoughts about brawl, but I think I'm really going to like it now.

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is a lot like Melee, except it's Melee on fire going 120 miles per hour through a hospital zone chased by helicopters and ninjas. And the ninjas are all on fire too.

Anyone know the reference?
Joe Staten, I believe. :)

Halo 2.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Nice point OP. Much better than all the ranting from all of the pros on how its nothing like melee competitively.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
This is what's probably the 'normal' view of Brawl that most people agree it.

A lot of the posts that say melee was better and usually based on a competitive view, and how Brawl preforms to the mind of someone who's insanely competitive. Even when not (or trying not) to judge it competitively, 6 years of Melee will do that to the point where competitive play is like a 'standard' to some extent.
Even one of the posters ealier said he'd like Brawl much more if he hadn't played Melee first.
Not that Melee owns Brawl by miles, it's just the competitive style of Melee beats Brawl's competitive style, but Brawl's overall fun factor and variety looks like it's amazing. And it is.

Top Bottom