• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is the best Smash game.

Delta Chae

The Observer
It's Brawl fused with Melee. Get over yourself and you believing PM was made from scratch without the assistance of Brawl the video-game. is futile. PM is an enhanced version of Brawl just like the rest of the mods. Thanks.
That does not mean PM is Brawl. PM used Brawl as a base and went from there. I like how you didn't even address any of my points. Again, if PM is the best Smash game, that does not make Brawl the best Smash game. If this statement is true it would imply the opposite as Brawl is the only Smash game people have felt compelled to change because they were dissatisfied with how it played.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
That does not mean PM is Brawl. PM used Brawl as a base and went from there. I like how you didn't even address any of my points. Again, if PM is the best Smash game, that does not make Brawl the best Smash game. If this statement is true it would imply the opposite as Brawl is the only Smash game people have felt compelled to change because they were dissatisfied with how it played.
You just wont stop nit picking as if you're picking anything but your own skin. Like I wrote in my previous comment "get over yourself" without Brawl PM wouldn't be here enough written.

Last edited:

Delta Chae

The Observer
You just wont stop nit picking as if you're picking anything but your own skin. Like I wrote in my previous comment "get over yourself" without Brawl PM wouldn't be here enough writing.
You're still not addressing my points. PM's existence requiring Brawl's existence is irrelevant because if Brawl didn't exist then it couldn't be the best Smash game. The only person who needs to get over themselves is you, drop the condescending tone and accept that when it comes to this particular subject Brawl and PM are not the same game. If this isn't enough for you, why then is there a separate board for discussing PM on this very website rather than it being a sub-category for Brawl discussion?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You're still not addressing my points. PM's existence requiring Brawl's existence is irrelevant because if Brawl didn't exist then it couldn't be the best Smash game. The only person who needs to get over themselves is you, drop the condescending tone and accept that when it comes to this particular subject Brawl and PM are not the same game. If this isn't enough for you, why then is there a separate board for discussing PM on this very website rather than it being a sub-category for Brawl discussion?
I just addressed myself already, I don't need to think about this like this useless and pointless conversation is Rocket Science. Whether you like my point or not "get over yourself" you're not going to convince me about anything. Many groups have designed different mods from Brawl and PM is no exception (just because they changed the name doesn't mean the mod is excluded from Brawl). I guess if someone changes their name to Jesus then they're the actual Jesus sigh.

Last edited:

Delta Chae

The Observer
I just addressed myself already, I don't need to think about this like this useless and pointless conversation is Rocket Science. Whether you like my point or not "get over yourself" you're not going to convince me about anything. Many groups have designed different mods from Brawl and PM is no exception (just because they changed the name doesn't mean the mod is excluded from Brawl). I guess if someone changes their name to Jesus then they're the actual Jesus sigh.
You're still not addressing my points. Brawl and PM are not even remotely similar from a mechanical perspective or a balance one. Therefore you cannot claim that Brawl is the best Smash game because of PM's existence. Again, if anything it proves that claim incorrect as Brawl is the only Smash game people have felt the need to change because they did not like how it played.

Delta Chae

The Observer
Boy, you must really be a Rocket Scientist.
Are you done with the condescending logical fallacies or will you continue to ignore my points and continue behaving like an ass? I hope you understand that by your logic, the original DOTA is the exact same game as Warcraft III because it was a mod for that game.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Are you done with the condescending logical fallacies or will you continue to ignore my points and continue behaving like an ***? I hope you understand that by your logic, the original DOTA is the exact same game as Warcraft III because it was a mod for that game.
I have no idea what you just wrote besides am I done giving you logical facts. Right "logical facts" alright think whatsoever you would like to assume and I will continue to write Project M is a Brawl mod "get over yourself".

Last edited:

Delta Chae

The Observer
I have no idea what you just wrote besides am I done giving you logical facts. Right "logical facts" alright think whatsoever you would like to assume and I will continue to write Project M is a Brawl mod "get over yourself".
That's right, run away because you know you're wrong, it's very clear that your ability to understand anything is severely lacking. This entire time you've done nothing but ignore my points and repeat the same disproven one over and over again, want to know who else does that sort of thing? Twelve year olds, so great job making an ass out yourself. Mod or not PM is a completely different game from Brawl whose gameplay is dissimilar in almost every way therefore its existence does not help the argument that Brawl is the best Smash game but in fact works to disprove it. People like you are the reason this community can't have nice things.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
That's right, run away because you know you're wrong, it's very clear that your ability to understand anything is severely lacking. This entire time you've done nothing but ignore my points and repeat the same disproven one over and over again, want to know who else does that sort of thing? Twelve year olds, so great job making an *** out yourself. Mod or not PM is a completely different game from Brawl whose gameplay is dissimilar in almost every way therefore its existence does not help the argument that Brawl is the best Smash game but in fact works to disprove it. People like you are the reason this community can't have nice things.
Just hush and quit wasting my time.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I guess if you consider only 7 out of the entire 38 characters actually viable for competitive play.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I've been playing brawl ever since it came out. When it first came out I played it like any regular casual would, and I thought it was amazing. I had never played a smash game before, but I realized that the game I picked up was a game that I could play for hours and hours. I also loved the various of characters they added into the game.(I picked up the Pokemon Trainer first) I would have never thought to see Sonic and Mario duke it out besides in the Olympic Games. The Subspace Emissary was a nice touch as well, even though back then I never completed it.

I also like the various of things you can do in brawl (Ex: IC's Chain Grabs, Dedede infinities.) Though they might seem annoying in one's eyes I find them quite fun to pull off.

And the various music tracks in every stage was a big plus. Sometimes hearing the same song over and over again can be pretty annoying...

I have played Melee for the first time a few weeks ago, and I really can't get used to it for a lot of different reasons, but lets just say you need a lot of skill to play Melee and PM. A lot of skill that I don't happen to have.

The only thing I don't like about Brawl is the realistic look to it. I loved the cartoony look to Melee. Oh, and I dislike the colored hue in Ness and Lucas's eyes. Seriously I never understood why those are there.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Brawl is considered, by most of the Smash community, to easily be the worst.

Project M was made so we could have a proper Melee sequel.

Smash 4 is basically a complete upgrade from brawl. Minus the lackluster story mode.

Melee is melee.

And Smash 64 is played even today because people love the game and the nostalgia.

Brawl is easily the worst in terms of gameplay. The tripping alone completely screwed the competitive scene and Project M and Smash 4 make the only reasons for playing Brawl redundant.

And NTA-whatever, hush and don't waste my time with a response. :D

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
When Brawl came out I was in absolute agreement with this statement. The roster of Brawl was so unique and vivid compared to the anemic Melee roster. Also I felt there were gameplay tweeks that made the game better (IE: characters didn't drop like lead balloons, making a well timed recovery possible with a lot of my mains)

But then Smash 4 came along and did everything better. While my points still stand that a lot of mechanics are better between Melee and Brawl, Brawl's aesthetic is so uninspired and boring, reeking of seventh console generation photo-realistic characters. Melee, while a clunky game, is a GREAT ode to the N64 and before generation of Nintendo, with a lot of the trophies being ripped straight from N64 instruction booklets, so Melee is just great to look at and play every once in a while because of it.

Top Bottom