• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl League?

Raimu

Smash Cadet
(I'm terribly sorry if this is the wrong section, as its more of an event than a tourney.)

As I mentioned in my intro thread, I run a League over at a smaller brawl forum. However, problems have arisen with actually getting people to play their matches. Some players are far more excited about the idea than others, but the few that don't play their matches drag everyone else down, active members play all their matches against each other, then the league goes idle.

To rectify this, I am considering a drastic change in the format, however, this change will require a lot more players. Why? Instead of individual players, the league will now be made up of teams.

Before I continue, if you need To learn more about how the league works, you can look here - http://smashunderground.darkbb.com/smash-underground-brawl-league-subl-f5/subl-rules-thread-t727.htm

It will be similar to that, but number of games will be changed based on participation.

How the teams will work: (This does not mean TEAM MATCHES, they are still 1v1.)

Teams will each have a team captain, he's responsible for recruiting members, and making sure his team plays the matches assigned to them. Teams will consist of 3-5 players, Alternates can be recruited too in case a member is unable to play for any given reason.

Members of your team will play league matches against members of other teams, to earn points in the season standings. It'll be much easier for 3-5 players to play 50-80 matches, not to mention, you can't count on individuals. People quit for no reason, drop off the face of the net, so, teams, I hope will ensure this doesn't happen.

If theres any questions or interest in this, please leave a post here.

Raimu

Smash Cadet
Yes, if you ever watch any sort of pro sport, the scoring will work something like that. You're given a set schedule and have to play each game on the schedule. Each win earns you points, and points affect your place in the standings. At the end of the League theres an elimination tourney, featuring the 8 best teams... tho, I'll have to re-think how the tourney will work with teams... maybe a member elimination kinda thing.. that'd be kinda cool.

Raimu

Smash Cadet
Well, give me a team :p and I may be able to set this up.

Raimu

Smash Cadet
Like I said, preferably 3 members, encourage your friends, to make this any good I'd say we need at least 8-10 teams.... I may be able to come up with 2 or 3 to bring to this.

Top Bottom