• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Manual

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
OK, so after 5 weeks of playing Brawl, tonight I finally decided to read the manual, just on a whim, to see what it has in it. Nothing incredibly interesting.

Then, when I got to the pages on characters, on the final page, I found something very interesting. If you all want to follow along, turn to page 35/36 in the maual.

At the bottom, they have the whole "You can unlock characters!" thing, and right below that you notice that it says "35 Fighters". Now, obviously, that's referring to the page number and what is on the page, but when I first saw that, I thought, "They tell you how many playable characters there are?" When you first look at that, it looks like it's saying there are 35 characters in the game, which there are (not including, of course, Sheik, ZSS, and PT's Pokemon) plus it's right below the section on unlockable characters.

I found this really funny, and I wonder if they realized the irony of that or not when they put it in there.

Not particularly awe-inspiring, just something funny I thought I'd point out. Please don't yell at me if you don't find this interesting, I have a small mind and you know what they say; small minds are easily amused... :laugh:

Also, another interesting thing, which sort of worried me, was this; (on page 22 for all of you following along) "The Smash Service may end at any time without warning." Now, I've experienced it on one day where I just didn't get anything, but what could this mean for the future? Obviously, once a new game comes/is close to coming out, they'll stop it, but could this mean that they'll get bored of doing Smash Service after a year or two and just stop? Personally, I'm getting a little bored of Replays (how many times can you watch someone get 2000ft on HRC or get 9 seconds on each of the Target Test levels?) and the snapshots aren't always interesting, but I look forward to the stages, and every day, if the stage plays well and is interesting, I recreate it. I'd be extremely disappointed if they ended this at all, but especially if they end it too quickly.

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
Deep in the Middle of I-Suck-At-MeleeVille
This honestly did not warrant a new thread. I'd recommend closing/editing your post before flamers/trolls get in here. Then again, the way Smashboards has been going, this isn't necessarily surprising. Ah well.

You could expand this to a general tidbits thread about Brawl if you wanted to keep it up. Iono though, your choice.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Nah, it can be a new thread. No need to go all germahn nazee on the guy.

The coincidence is amusing though. Or is it coincidence? Find out next time on SWF!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This honestly did not warrant a new thread. I'd recommend closing/editing your post before flamers/trolls get in here. Then again, the way Smashboards has been going, this isn't necessarily surprising. Ah well.

You could expand this to a general tidbits thread about Brawl if you wanted to keep it up. Iono though, your choice.
Now that you mention it, I see your point--so I expanded my original post to include another tidbit I noticed, a side note about Smash Service.

If you think it's still too little, I'll try to expand it a little more, because you're right, it was sort of a small thing to create a whole topic on, hardly even debatable or discussable, just sort of an interesting tidbit.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The manual also says Dedede can copy abilities with B.... weird.
...No it doesn't. Unless I'm not looking in the right place. I'm looking in the character section, and it says nothing of the sort. I'm guessing this is a joke, but if it's not, page number?

Top Bottom