• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
-_- you guys are dragging the files onto it right? i still get broken meshes from it, but i get bone data, so thats ok. I know this contradicts what i sed about requesting models, but anyone willing to do sly cooper? (for marth, including sly's cane)

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
What you did does look great! Why not make the other 35% your own before release? Especially since that stuff is the easy stuff. :)
Well infact, rigging a character WELL is not necessarily harder than modeling, but the most unfun and tedious part of it all. And btw, it aint easy >.>

KAZECoyote

Smash Cadet
I could, but making the hair and UV mapping would be annoying. but im using Ikes head regardless, it already has all its morphs for facial expressions.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
if anyone needs the bone data, pm me your email, and what character you need bone data from. i'll convert it for ya

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I would remove your email, spambots could potentially take that and send you mass amounts of spam.

..just saying.. it's happened to me alot

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. Well I can do that so nevermind. Thanks anyway :3

@Gangstakirby

You extracted those?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Are you guys using ASH3me for extraction or using a separate program to extract the player models? I'm new to model work, but I'm curious how you are doing this and maintaining skeletal integrity.

camelot

Smash Ace
Hey, quick question. How much progress has been made on actually getting the models to work in the game? I'm really curious.

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
This is an awesome thing that we can do now. But is there a .dae to .brres converter yet? Thanks for any info.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Well I figure I should give an update on this.

I have figured out a pretty reliable way to handle the pointer issue without becoming a problem in the future. However, problems at work have caused me to put this project on hold indefinitely. Once this is worked out however I will have more time than ever to devote to this. Sorry about the delay, but any free time is consumed for the moment. I do promise that this will continue, hopefully within the next month. :(

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
^ It's cool... don't worry about it.
Life comes first :)
Although I can't wait til someone actual gets this working.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
In the meantime while we wait for the importer, anyone want to help with finding other files? I'm talikng about stuff like the files defining attacks and physics (run speed, jump height, etc.) I swapped lucas's and ness's fit***motionetc.pac files, and it worked except for ness's yo yo, and the airial tether (and a few other minor ones)

ratmage99

Smash Cadet
When I use this, I get an error and instead of a model, I get a few lines! I have ColladaMax installed.
Edit: Honestly, I have no clue how to work this, I'm using 0.1.3 and I drag and drop and get FitLink00.dae and FitLinkShd.dae

Smash Ace
In the meantime while we wait for the importer, anyone want to help with finding other files? I'm talikng about stuff like the files defining attacks and physics (run speed, jump height, etc.) I swapped lucas's and ness's fit***motionetc.pac files, and it worked except for ness's yo yo, and the airial tether (and a few other minor ones)
I guess no one ever goes on Kitty Corp. Well anyway, i posted a post about being able to edit the Fit***MotionEtc.pac files. I just need someone to be able to write something so it can compile alot easier.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I guess no one ever goes on Kitty Corp. Well anyway, i posted a post about being able to edit the Fit***MotionEtc.pac files. I just need someone to be able to write something so it can compile alot easier.
i got an account there, i'll check it. It sounds good, cuz i tried putting snake's running animation into cfalcon's motion file, and it make him do a T-pose instead. i hope this works :D

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
does anyone know how to change the properties of textures in the pac files? or swap the ones loaded? I want to try to make a marth without a cape and shoulder pads, but i need to know how to load his cape logo texture instead of the cape and shoulder pads (because that texture is transparent) or if any one knows how to hack it to turn off polygons. thanx

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
You just want to have it load a different texture? Let me know which Marth you want to use and I can tell you what to do to change it (hopefully). Also, let me know the exact names of the textures you want to replace, and the exact name of the one you want to replace them with.

Smash Ace
Yes you can remove a texture, BUT his cape will still be there. I have tried this before, just coz his texture isnt there, doesnt mean his 3d wont be.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
You just want to have it load a different texture? Let me know which Marth you want to use and I can tell you what to do to change it (hopefully). Also, let me know the exact names of the textures you want to replace, and the exact name of the one you want to replace them with.
I just need somethin with FitMarth00.pac or any FitMarht##.pac for that matter, but I want to try to have the cape object and shoulder pads load his cape logo texture (because i can make it transparent) the cape is Mar04 and the cape logo is Mar07. the shoulder pads are contained in Mar03 (and so is the inside part of his cape) but this is secondary, becasue i don't know if there are polygons under the shoulder pads. I've done something like this to mario, i seen a lot of Body_A or something and Body_B and i changed the A's to B's giving mario different textures elsewhere on him.
@Vile You said you found out how to put in extra textures/ take some out. If you can, could you tell me how in a P.M.? I try to put files in, and add 0's for the difference, but the game usually freezes on load.
thanx to both

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Pharrox, any help with my above question? I would appreciate if you responded.
I take it ash_3me uses Williams model converter? The reason the trophy models come out fine but not the character models is because Williams converter doesn't offset vertex positions to match the bones they are linked to.

As for my converter, you are not the only one who has had these problems. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find what's causing the problems in some mporters. My best guess for now is that it's caused by importers that have problems with loading multiple kinds of geometries on one mesh. I have heard a couple reports that the NextGen importers cause these kind of problems.

My best suggestion would be to try to get the original ColladaMax working, not the nextgen one. I don't know if it's possible in Max, but I'm currently using Maya 2009 with the original ColladaMaya for all my testing? For now however, my main focus is with adding features rather that trying to find the problems that exist in a few programs that I am not able to reproduce.

Fortwaffles, I will try to get back to you with the details later tonight.

Well, I currently have a little time to work on this program, I'm hoping to get all the importing done by the end of the night. Also, I kinda need to give it a name. I've used ais as a working name, but it doesn't really mean anything, it was just the first three letters I typed when I had to enter a project name.

ratmage99

Smash Cadet
Great, it doesn't work with the old ColladaMax any better, and I'm not paying for Maya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom