• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratmage99

Smash Cadet
about the import problems.....

umm.. did you install the nextgen plugin? that's probably why. nextgen does NOT work

even if you then install the right plugin, max will still pickup the nextgen one, will override the old one.

my friend had this problem, and had to uninstall 3dsmax, reinstall and use the proper plugin.
Can you use non- Nextgen with Max 2009?

Psytrese

Smash Cadet
I don't see the problem with posting the individual files. I mean, it's not a complete ISO. It's character data and model data. Really all he's achieving is preventing the need for people to download an ISO or dump a copy of their game.

With the SD loader you no longer need a backup, but you still need the data if you want to do any hacking. I think it's a good idea.

Genuinely think it will help prevent, rather than enforce, illegal downloading of the game.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
yeah, not like it's giving away all the music, models, artwork, and animations away or anything..

it's like steeling a car, but leaving the keys, cause taking keys is illegal O_o

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No, its more like washing a car after picking their lock, your doing something good but some of the stuff that makes it easy to do is illegal, if you do it solely legally it would be impossible.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
posting the stuff is illegal. END OF CONVERSATION!!! if you scalawags want to keep talking about it, make a new post.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
posting the stuff is illegal. END OF CONVERSATION!!! if you scalawags want to keep talking about it, make a new post.
To be quite fair, this "bickering" is bumping this thread quite nicely. Keeping this thread on the radar is quite a priority, don't you think? =P

Psytrese

Smash Cadet
This whole forum section is pretty much devoted to hacking...and you're questioning the legalities of posting a few measley files?

I'd bet your acitivites are of questionable legality, and not just in relation to Brawl. :p

Keud Bybor

Smash Rookie
Alright, so i got the newest version of the extractor (i think...the one i got was ais0.1.3) and i extracted Funky Kong's Trophy model and it gave me a nice .dae file. I go into maya to import it and it gave me some error and then Funky Kong looked like shattered glass with a few armature modifiers in the middle of the mess. Any help please? :urg:

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
To be quite fair, this "bickering" is bumping this thread quite nicely. Keeping this thread on the radar is quite a priority, don't you think? =P
Actually, now that you mention it, I guess it is a good thing. For the others though: The file posting of Nintendo's files are Illegal. I doubt they will show up at your door, but we have a right to talk about the hacking as a freedom of speech. So, if you don't want to take a risk, just don't upload files

D

Deleted member

you can't post links to such thing here, policy of SWF.

also how is this coming along?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Oh I love double standards.

For your information, posting even part of the Revolution SDK is illegal in itself, which is now happening with the BRSTM tool.

So please, stop with the bullcrap of what is and isn't allowed if we don't even live up to it ourselves, if we place double standards anyway.

Also, for some reason AIS is down, can't download it.

D

Deleted member

gary, we'd love to just post whatever we want, but that is the policy of the SWF admins, not us.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Then, by god, why the hell did the moderating team allow the BRSTM tool? I mean, I even discussed it with Androu1. Even he thought that it could pose some trouble on truly strict boards. It's also true he didn't give a ****, but that's not the point. The point is that it uses the Revolution SDK, and as far as I know that was banned also.

So really, stop bull****ting us and make up your god **** mind.

Oh, and somebody really should mirror AIS.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
ha ^_^

..well guess i don't need to be BS'ing then if the staff here doesn't even give a crap.

really what good is the SDK if you don't even had license to release on Wii O_o it's useless. a leaked copy of SDK only helps hobbyists.. and maybe hackers.. but it's harmless to nintendo.

also the iso files are harmless too. I was just being a prick, cause a certain someone said using roy in brawl is illegal. which I can see.. but what the fuxs, thats so minor compared to the other stuff floating around.

it's like my life long dream to mod and put new characters into smash bros. and even stages too.. wouldn't that be awesome :)

..anyway hate to ask a dumb question, but ANY UPDATES?

there was talk about testing a beta about a month back

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Guys, with the whole illegal thing, modding brawl is illegal all together. If we download a copy of brawl (or any of its contents) without owning an original IS illegal. If we download and edit a brawls files WITH owning it, it is legal. But modding brawl is practically illegal anyway, because we are using ideas and things that aren't ours (about 80% of the time). Shut up if you come here to talk about legality issues, the stuff happening here is not illegal, but when people get their hands on it, there will surely be illegal activity.

Its all settled, now shut up and get on topic.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the serious lack of updates lately. Work has been killer, classes are starting up soon, and I'm starting to go to a few tournaments when I can. Had almost no time lately.

Sorry if the link is down. I abandoned my first host a while ago and they probably just got around to pulling my account. I'll try to post it again soon, if I can find the last stable release.

Keud Bybor

Smash Rookie
I am having a new problem, but I think things are getting better. I found out that I needed to install ColladaMaya NextGen and that seemed to improve my results, but however when i import a model, no mesh appears whatsoever, but the bone structure of the object appears anyhow. Any suggestions of what I can do to have the model appear? Thanks!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Well, it downloads, just not from my home PC apparently, because it has an STD.

If it's okay, I'll mirror it on a slightly more reliable location.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
My friend was right... hacking is bad... It's too late for me, but I figured I'd warn you guys, quit while you can.

Keud Bybor

Smash Rookie
does anybody have this working with maya? If so please tell me what version you have and tell me what you did to get it to work. Thank you!

D

Deleted member

Pharrox, maybe you could update the OP with the currently released version, I bet It'd be a pain for people who don't have it to look for it among 629 other posts.

Keud Bybor

Smash Rookie
All testing is done with Maya 2009 and colladaMaya, NOT nextGen.
oh ok. The thing was i was having problems getting colladaMaya to work with my maya 2009. Does it being 64 bit maya 2009 have anything to do with it? Thanks a bunch, Pharrox!

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
It probably shouldn't, but I do use 64 bit. I just installed the original like any other plugin. What kind of errors is it giving you?

Keud Bybor

Smash Rookie
It probably shouldn't, but I do use 64 bit. I just installed the original like any other plugin. What kind of errors is it giving you?
well I recently uninstalled next gen, but the thing is when i look online for ColladaMaya i can only find versions of it that only support up to maya 2008, so it wont even install for me. Do you think you could give me a link to where you may have gotten it? thanks!

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Here are the plugins I'm using. I hope this is all you need, it's been a long time since I set this up. Sorry for the rapidshare, I'm lazy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/255610390/colladaMaya.rar

I took a bit of a break for a while, but I'm starting to get back into this. In the last week or so I've started rewriting the program, making it much more efficient and accurate (the old one was 10,000 lines of code that even I couldn't understand).

I also realized I was kinda stupid for using characters to test this. I am shifting my focus to simpler items that I can then expand upon to add functionality. I realize it isn't exactly the news everyone wanted to hear, but I'll probably finish this faster if I can actually make sense of what I've written and the number of things that can go wrong are greatly reduced.

Gary, as for the flipped normals, unfortunately I still haven't really had a chance to look at it. Does anyone know if Sabretooth's models have this problem? Also, feel free to host this if you'd like.

Psytrese

Smash Cadet
It's definitely the way to go. No point in starting at the end. To be honest, I was worried it was about to hit a dead end and fizzle out, I'm happy to hear there are still things on the horizon that you're working on.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I believe that Sabretooth's converter didn't have any flipped normal issues. I'm assuming this because he converted almost all models for each character, and I assume he didn't flip the normals manually.

Perhaps that loading the vertices in reverse order might work for the faces.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Personally i think you should test this on Andross (the assist trophy). IIRC he was like 60 polys (or tris, i cant really remember).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom