• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Pharrox, PW said that he isn't releasing Project SA until you're done with the model importer. Have you heard about this?

If so, do you agree with it?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
well the thing is, nintendo and blender use completely different UV mapping techniques. (at least how i am going at it)
3ds max is professional software and is most likely close to or IS the program that nintendo used to do the models, so that's why textures work there.
if you follow my first blender video, it shows how to unwrap the 3d object, and from there it can produce a tga that you can edit for its textures, so that is the closest ive gotten with blender so far
They used Maya. Maya is like an easier max (and can do some things better). Personally i don't find it easier, but i don't really know it well.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
They used Maya. Maya is like an easier max (and can do some things better). Personally i don't find it easier, but i don't really know it well.
then why are we all using 3ds max?
it might make editing a bit easier, but if itd like 3ds max, it still takes up a GB of space on my computer :/

EDIT i also figured out a way to test textures in blender
expect a guide soon

pghazanfari53

Smash Rookie
3ds Max works fine. All you need to do is set the import to ColladMax and then just apply a 'normal' modifier beneath the skin modifer and then do collapse to and it'll be fine.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
its my understanding that no 3rd party plugins work with 2010 yet. it'll probably take another year for authors to recompile there plugins to the 2010sdk.

ironically each time authors or creators finally get use to the latest 3dsmax. a new version pops up with like two or three changes. 2010 probably got a few more this round being autodesk bought out XSI. when autodesk got maya, they merged alot of features between the two, now we'll see a merge with xsi tools.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
*bump*
With the release of project sa, this topic has seemed to have lost a few people, Lets try to get it back up and booming so we can combine project sa and models.

flaredshadow

Smash Rookie
So right now could you put a model into brawl if it was unedited, like give Luigi Waluigi's model?

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
So right now could you put a model into brawl if it was unedited, like give Luigi Waluigi's model?
Simple explanation: No.

Long explanation: Waluigi's model lacks the same amount of bones that Luigi's does. Assist trophies in general also lack a .pcs file (the pac->pcs converter will not solve this problem either).

So no.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Simple explanation: No.

Long explanation: Waluigi's model lacks the same amount of bones that Luigi's does. Assist trophies in general also lack a .pcs file (the pac->pcs converter will not solve this problem either).

So no.
although you are right about the bones, you are completely wrong with the pcs. the pcs has NOTHING to do with models (pretty much if you can hex it into the pac, compression with ASH or smashbox takes one minute)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yea...as of now I can't figure out how to get Mewtwo to teleport until I get the ability to upload my own model. T.T sigh~
-DD

FireC

Smash Cadet
>_> That has nothing to even do with Brawl...it's a GMod thingy.
-DD
And just where did he get those files for GMod? Eh?

(Also, I know for sure that simple model body part hacks have been done before, but they require certain Wii SDK tools)

Smash Ace
And just where did he get those files for GMod? Eh?

(Also, I know for sure that simple model body part hacks have been done before, but they require certain Wii SDK tools)
ugh *facepalm*

Firstyly, that pictochat doesnt seem like its the brawl one (it wouldnt be hard to make one from scratch anyway) and that geno was probably made from scratch also.

Secondly, your an idiot, those are codes that make simple edits to the models. I have looked into the SDK tools extensivly and the only things that would be a model converter, output files very different to brawls MDL0 files.

Look into things before you start posting your false knowledge.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
I wish you good luck Pharrox as it seems this is alot harder to figure out then I think most of us had originally thought. @.@

FireC

Smash Cadet
ugh *facepalm*

Firstyly, that pictochat doesnt seem like its the brawl one (it wouldnt be hard to make one from scratch anyway) and that geno was probably made from scratch also.

Secondly, your an idiot, those are codes that make simple edits to the models. I have looked into the SDK tools extensivly and the only things that would be a model converter, output files very different to brawls MDL0 files.

Look into things before you start posting your false knowledge.
@ your response for #1: fine. #2: let's not start bashing each other with labels like "idiot", ok? what you are saying is exactly what i meant, so don't be so quick to act all wise on me.

Smash Ace
@ your response for #1: fine. #2: let's not start bashing each other with labels like "idiot", ok? what you are saying is exactly what i meant, so don't be so quick to act all wise on me.
Exactly waht you mean, really, you said you could edit parts of the body with certain wii SDK tools and i said they used codes. Obviously you are saying something completely different to what you mean.

FireC

Smash Cadet
Exactly waht you mean, really, you said you could edit parts of the body with certain wii SDK tools and i said they used codes. Obviously you are saying something completely different to what you mean.
Perhaps, you should look at some of someonewhodied's posts on GSCentral about this model hacking, in which he added new body parts to certain characters, I am not talking about the code made by Y.S for editing the size of already existant body parts, or the code Phantom Wings made to make them appear and disappear at will.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, you should look at some of someonewhodied's posts on GSCentral about this model hacking, in which he added new body parts to certain characters, I am not talking about the code made by Y.S for editing the size of already existant body parts, or the code Phantom Wings made to make them appear and disappear at will.
Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but I believe that they used the same code. Your talking about like ROB's head on the Halberd right??

FireC

Smash Cadet
Your talking about like ROB's head on the Halberd right??
No. I'm talking about edits to a character, for example, the guy who did this supposedly made a Dr. Mario by adding all the parts Dr. Mario has from other models to the mario model himself.

Smash Ace
No. I'm talking about edits to a character, for example, the guy who did this supposedly made a Dr. Mario by adding all the parts Dr. Mario has from other models to the mario model himself.
I have seen that Dr Mario, it was made from model resizing codes.

FireC

Smash Cadet
I have seen that Dr Mario, it was made from model resizing codes.
You would not have seen it, because there have been no videos made of it. Also, the model itself, after being decrypted, was edited in the program 3ds max. There were no codes to change any body parts, plus it can't add body parts, can it? (No.)

mofo_

Smash Ace
meh..someonewhodied was a pretty spammy guy on GSCentral......pretty much a noob...
he also had no evidence and kept making "delays" much like Phazon9 and his mew2/roy crap

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
This topic mocks me.

WHEN WILL THIS BE DONE!
(Cries)
Is ready when I say is ready ;)

As for someonewhodied, it is my opinion that he is full of crap. I have a hard time believing some spammy underage user was capable of finding and using some utility that no one else has been able to find, to supposedly make a hack that no one else in the community has been able to make. Then he releases a "tutorial" which basically just says "make a model, find a program (I'll forget to mention the name), and convert it"...right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom