• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofo_

Smash Ace
wow next thing you know, people will be making custom model stages :oOooOOOoo

cant wait for thisss!!!!!! i needs me my mew2:pimp:

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Good job Pharrox! Although I have no idea just what you imported (just a character disassemble and reassemble, or actually a new model), it is still good news.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking:
While editing a character model, would you be able to place another model in the same editing file, save it, and inject it (or whatever the method will be) into the brawl ISO, will the new model operate (animations, etc) like the model it replaced?

EX: You open, i.e, the Lucario model file, and replace the model with the 3D model of Mewtwo for SSBM? I know this sounds a little bit odd and extreme, but would it be possible? Just need some estimates or opinions.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
I believe I read somewhere that simply replacing Lucario's model with Mewtwo's won't do much. Didn't Pharrox or someone say that the model takes the shape of what the animations are set to do or something like that? If that's the case then we'll need to make animations that work for Mewtwo, so his model won't try to take the shape of Lucario.

It makes sense if you think of how the move swap character codes cause the models to take shape of their move replacement's animations. Remember Pikaman?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Okay, thanks! :)
But imagine if we could... We could make characters from any game, provided we had models for them. XD

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
No one answered my question.

I can't find the extracted files.

Also, if we open a trophy from Brawl, can that be applied to a model?
Kinda like the question I asked earlier.

Probably no, because like one of the people answered:
"Didn't Pharrox or someone say that the model takes the shape of what the animations are set to do or something like that? If that's the case then we'll need to make animations that work for Mewtwo, so his model won't try to take the shape of Lucario.

It makes sense if you think of how the move swap character codes cause the models to take shape of their move replacement's animations. Remember Longchu?"

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Kinda like the question I asked earlier.

Probably no, because like one of the people answered:
"Didn't Pharrox or someone say that the model takes the shape of what the animations are set to do or something like that? If that's the case then we'll need to make animations that work for Mewtwo, so his model won't try to take the shape of Lucario.

It makes sense if you think of how the move swap character codes cause the models to take shape of their move replacement's animations. Remember Longchu?"
No, iirc, the problem with using trophies as they were was because they did not have bones for the game to read as a character's.
-DD

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
The way I understand it, we should just be able to open the Lucario model, delete all the geometry, import Mewtwo's model, stretch parts of him around so that he lines up with Lucario's skeleton, rig him to the bones, and then save. I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work. This same method should theoretically work with most ATs, too.

Of course, Mewtwo would be in Lucario's poses, but it's still better than any texture hack.

I'm sure this has been said before.

Please confirm this, Pharrox. Also screenshot's would be nice.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
The way I understand it, we should just be able to open the Lucario model, delete all the geometry, import Mewtwo's model, stretch parts of him around so that he lines up with Lucario's skeleton, rig him to the bones, and then save. I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work. This same method should theoretically work with most ATs, too.

Of course, Mewtwo would be in Lucario's poses, but it's still better than any texture hack.

I'm sure this has been said before.

Please confirm this, Pharrox. Also screenshot's would be nice.
That's what I thought. :o
I was in my room last night looking for ways to fit the bone structure of the character I was editing. Didn't seem to find a way to make it work...
Well if anyone can do it, Pharrox or PhantomWings can!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Sweet. Of course, I'm gone all next week... I guess it'll make it so I won't have to sit around and be overhyped.

Somebody work on editing Marth to be Roy now.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Im assuming Pharrox would be wanting someone who knows quite a bit on modeling.

BTW, this has gotten me pumped to work on a model, get ready for epic...

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Let's hope people aren't that lazy, Shadic.

Congratulations, Pharrox! I knew you could do it. Thank you so much for getting it working! With any luck, I'll be able to start working on models again soonish.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys and gals,
I am new to this community :)
Congrats Pharrox, pictures or even videos would be awesome :) Can't wait for the release and start modeling :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom