• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pghazanfari53

Smash Rookie
Im assuming Pharrox would be wanting someone who knows quite a bit on modeling.

BTW, this has gotten me pumped to work on a model, get ready for epic...
I agree as well. I spend a lot of my time working with 3d models, although not actually modeling. I am pretty good at rigging, and I'd like to try adding Master Chief to the game (Yes, I am a halo fan) as a replacement for Snake (Not Samus because Master Chief can't shoot missle and go into morphball mode and stuff).

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I agree as well. I spend a lot of my time working with 3d models, although not actually modeling. I am pretty good at rigging, and I'd like to try adding Master Chief to the game (Yes, I am a halo fan) as a replacement for Snake (Not Samus because Master Chief can't shoot missle and go into morphball mode and stuff).
Then use Samus with PSA and a model swap. More comples but awesome.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Dunno about Master Chief. First, we should just add the characters that weren't included in Brawl. Especially Mewtwo.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:p Everyone can do whatever they want. That's the beauty of it.
-DD

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. Of course, I'm gone all next week... I guess it'll make it so I won't have to sit around and be overhyped.

Somebody work on editing Marth to be Roy now.
I second that. A mewtwo model would be nice as well. Darkdragoon and Enigma might combine forces to create an uber mewtwo (like what happened with the Roy project) :D

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
...It works?
I NEED THE CHARACTER MODELS SO BADLY NOW D: (NOT the trophy models, which is the only thing I can find anywhere ><) SOmeone help? Please?? ;-;

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Idea:
PSA Lucario Movset
+
Mewtwo model bone rigged to mask over Lucario's model
=
A possibly playable Mewtwo.

Would this work?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Lol 888 replies. Anyways, I came here cause I heard it's working. Congrats. I hope someone brings Masked Man to Brawl...

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Now we just need a new thread to discuss ideas that we can make with this, but we should probably wait to see if Pharrox's gonna actually release the details of it anytime soon

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
This is great! Those this also mean you can import custom made Quake 3 models and Gmod Ragdolls?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Jigglypuff, We could possibly make Starfy a character using Jigglypuff's model.
Other ideas:
Marth/Ike-Roy
Toon Link-Young Link
Lucario-Mewtwo (duh)
Mario-Dr. Mario (probably the easiest)
Squirtle-Totodile/Piplup

Objections? :p

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Could you try this file and see what happens.

http://rapidshare.com/files/218366689/lucario.dae.html

That's Sabretooth's Lucario model converted to Collada using Autodesk's fbx converter. It was my main reference when writing this. Sorry about rapidshare, my web host is a piece of crap.
>< I need this model so badly! Why won't the stupid link work??

Also, is SWF being REALLY slow for anyone else?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
WTF? The program crashes as soon as I open it. It says "It has encountered a problem". Odd...

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I did, But it opens for .5 seconds, and then it closes. Right away.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
It opens for only .5 second for me too. I have the latest net framework, so that isn't the problem.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Leafbarret, I have the file if you want it. It crashes upon testing, though.
?_? The model or the program?
Oh, and guys, try either running the program as administrator (if that's an option for you) or run it directly through the command line.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
wait, so we could have a different model on every texture with this as well?
yes you can, but remember that you can only have one moveset for the group. I dont see lucario/mewtwo being a problem, but others could be catastrophic if you don't plan a moveset for the group as a whole

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, i tried the model but nothing happened. Tried Pikachu00,01,02,03 and 04. Game didn't freeze, but the model didn't show up either. I tried extracting the file, got a Pikachu folder with 3 .brres in it.

Also tried to extract with ASH, got an error called "Invalid EOF", but managed to extract the textures, just like pikachu's normal one. ASHed the file, got a _new.pac, tried to put it in the game, but model didn't show up either.

What is happening? Pharrox didn't get it to work?

FireC

Smash Cadet
Hmm, i tried the model but nothing happened. Tried Pikachu00,01,02,03 and 04. Game didn't freeze, but the model didn't show up either. I tried extracting the file, got a Pikachu folder with 3 .brres in it.

Also tried to extract with ASH, got an error called "Invalid EOF", but managed to extract the textures, just like pikachu's normal one. ASHed the file, got a _new.pac, tried to put it in the game, but model didn't show up either.

What is happening? Pharrox didn't get it to work?
What do you mean you tried to get it in the game? Pharrox hasn't released the "importer" part of it yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom